Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

What is problem with flaming pigs? Only reason behind dont being in EB2 is that m2tw lacks appropriate base for making them (chariots are elephants). But soon they will be ingame. Both them and cestrosphendons.
    Last edited by wermez; June 10, 2018 at 04:41 AM.
    изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

That is a very poor attempt at humor. Have fun messing with... messing up the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    When the game is failing at one of its primary objectives, it isnt fun anymore. What is next, we are back to flaming pigs again?
    Seems that you hit a nerve !

The Siracae at least look nice.

QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

New unit on the feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuchatel View Post
    Seems that you hit a nerve !

The Siracae at least look nice.
    Probably because a decent portion of the unit was made by scrapping together pieces from existing units.

Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff

The new units look amazing!
    The Zibutai are some very nice look units!

But I'm sill waiting for the new Iberian units :p

Artifex

OK, that's enough. Some of you need to get your overweening sense of entitlement in check, the EBII team doesn't owe you anything. You are getting the fruits of our research and artistry for free, and aren't contributing anything of value in return.

If and when we choose to share the historical provenance upon which a unit is based, that is entirely at our discretion. We will not make it a routine policy to give you all the details because firstly it's effort we don't have to make and don't want to set as a precedent, and secondly because we don't want to make it easier for people to steal our work. Yes, we have noticed people stealing EBII's "intellectual property" and not just artistic assets.

Rad - if you're not happy with the standard of the evidence we've shown you, put in some effort of your own and go find better ones to prove we're "wrong". We're not here to give you free historical information on tap, try giving something back.

If you have nothing but sneering criticism to offer by way of feedback on the units, I'd suggest you take your business elsewhere. I don't know what you think you'll achieve by putting that forth, you're not going to shame the artists into re-doing their work or "improving", you're just creating a negative atmosphere and disincentive to work at all.

Neuchatel - interesting that your relatively short posting history is filled solely with griping and whining about each and everything you dislike, with never an acknowledgement or thanks for any of the responses the team takes the time to give you. Which is precisely why for the most part we simply ignore you. I suggest you take some time to consider the way you engage with us, and if you'd like a more constructive relationship, change the way you behave.

So, to get things back on track a little, I like the Zibutai a lot - particularly impressed with the detail on the various thoraxes they have.

As a side question, does EBII have its own horse model rather than use Medieval 2's base one (it looks like it does)? If so, was this an aesthetic decision or are there significant genetic differences between the mounts of antiquity and medieval ones (I mean, of course there are, but significant enough to make you guys create horses from scratch)?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    OK, that's enough. Some of you need to get your overweening sense of entitlement in check, the EBII team doesn't owe you anything. You are getting the fruits of our research and artistry for free, and aren't contributing anything of value in return.

If and when we choose to share the historical provenance upon which a unit is based, that is entirely at our discretion. We will not make it a routine policy to give you all the details because firstly it's effort we don't have to make and don't want to set as a precedent, and secondly because we don't want to make it easier for people to steal our work. Yes, we have noticed people stealing EBII's "intellectual property" and not just artistic assets.

Rad - if you're not happy with the standard of the evidence we've shown you, put in some effort of your own and go find better ones to prove we're "wrong". We're not here to give you free historical information on tap, try giving something back.

If you have nothing but sneering criticism to offer by way of feedback on the units, I'd suggest you take your business elsewhere. I don't know what you think you'll achieve by putting that forth, you're not going to shame the artists into re-doing their work or "improving", you're just creating a negative atmosphere and disincentive to work at all.

Neuchatel - interesting that your relatively short posting history is filled solely with griping and whining about each and everything you dislike, with never an acknowledgement or thanks for any of the responses the team takes the time to give you. Which is precisely why for the most part we simply ignore you. I suggest you take some time to consider the way you engage with us, and if you'd like a more constructive relationship, change the way you behave.
    In short you have no answers to the questions asked and both historicity and quality are derailing.

As a side question, does EBII have its own horse model rather than use Medieval 2's base one (it looks like it does)? If so, was this an aesthetic decision or are there significant genetic differences between the mounts of antiquity and medieval ones (I mean, of course there are, but significant enough to make you guys create horses from scratch)?
    Yes, medieval horses were generally larger and more heavier boned than many of the horses of antiquity. Many units use ponies, for example.

In short you have no answers to the questions asked and both historicity and quality are derailing.
    Seems like it. Every time something is questioned seriously we get the ''hurr durr, if you dont like it, dont play'' automated reply. I asked valid questions.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    So, to get things back on track a little, I like the Zibutai a lot - particularly impressed with the detail on the various thoraxes they have.

I'm not entirely sure on the horse models, I don't think they're the vanilla ones given the proliferation of models we have. The "ponies" are shrunk-down versions of the horses, and we use them a lot because most breeds in antiquity were smaller than those in the medieval era. I know the animations come from the Marka team, and aren't the vanilla animations.

In short, I have zero interest in exerting myself for you, when you have only sneering ingratitude to offer in return. Good day!

Seems like it. Every time something is questioned seriously we get the ''hurr durr, if you dont like it, dont play'' automated reply. I asked valid questions.
    The mod is dead.
    Oh it's still producing content but it's clearly subpar both at historical and graphical level.
    I suspected this a few months ago when the members argued here but now we have the confirmation.

Genava's Avatar Ducenarius

@Rad, @Neuchatel, I understand your concern but you should ask it more politely. The team is currently doing a hard job to finish this mod.

@QS, thank you for your work and the amazing time you spend to be active on the forum. Peoples love to argue here (as I did often) but I hope you and the team don't feel directly criticized. Europa Barbarorum can't be the perfect mod for everybody since we all have our own views and wishes, but anyway we like to play it and we like to talk on the forum about it. I think we forgot sometimes the luck we have, this kind of mod and debate aren't possible everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    @Rad, @Neuchatel, I understand your concern but you should ask it more politely. The team is currently doing a hard job to finish this mod.
    I did ask politely, and I got nothing good in return. The thing with my imaginary kid drawing was very a poor example at making a point, I admit.
    When I saw that the good old ''we make the units, we dont have to explain anything to you plebs" firewall, laced with at attempts at sarcam, I returned fire.
    Last edited by Rad; June 10, 2018 at 05:52 AM.

As long as the armor it's from a source (whatever language may the source be) i'ts fine IMO.

And besides, it doesn't affect the experience in any way shape or form.

It's just a skin after all.

And btw, Neuchatel and Rad, you can keep your opinions but that's pretty much it.

But if you really care about historical accuracy.

You can always learn russian and make a submod or a whole new mod with the correct panoplies.

There, problem solved, no one is stopping you.
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; June 10, 2018 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    As long as the armor it's from a source (whatever language may the source be) i'ts fine IMO.
    We dont know anything about this source. For all we know, the text related to the drawing could be saying ''This is absolutely not how 3rd century BC steppe armor would have looked like, please do not try to reproduce it anywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    If you want to improve this, you can always learn russian and make a submod or a whole new mod with the correct panoplies.

There, problem solved, no one is stopping you.
    Its the standard reply again

Genava's Avatar Ducenarius

I did ask politely, and I got nothing good in return. The thing with my imaginary kid drawing was a poor example at making a point, I admit.
    When I saw that the good old ''we make the units, we dont have to explain anything to you plebs" firewall, laced with at attempts at sarcam, I returned fire.
    @Rad, I understand really. The old team were doing a great job by sharing the information and debating with peoples. But honestly, they were more debating than actually working on the mod. Maybe it is better to do small mistakes on a few units than hesitating decades about details before to start working on it. Because anyway, if there is a mistake, there are only textures to change. And I don't think the standard is really lower than before. You should maybe understand there are biases with comparing their actual work and the previous work. The last units that are remaining are often from region and period where the historical facts are harder to find. Try to find anything about the Kartli and will see how hard it is. And all the remaining units are often from region where the team struggles to get historians knowing the subject.

Its the standard reply again
    If you're upset, i'm sorry, it's the only way.

But if one skin ruins the whole mod for you, then that's on you.

The mod is dead.
    Oh it's still producing content but it's clearly subpar both at historical and graphical level.
    I suspected this a few months ago when the members argued here but now we have the confirmation.
    Yes, yes. We like talking to you too; everyone on the team likes you of all fans best.

It's funny you feel that way, after you and rad had virtually only knitpicked units. On the traits front, our historicity is fine, and progress has never been better(for a long time no one was working on them)--just compare the Celtic traits of EB1 to EB2 for example: all gibberish nonsense to using real Gaulish and being actually supported by literature in many cases. The mod had lots of beautiful units since it's initial release, but without a good trait system backing your faction up, the campaign has no real longevity IMO. Every character is the same, and where's the fun in that? But no, you're right, you're the expert after all, the mod is dead. No interesting mechanics are being manufactured, no more big changes are coming; all of us just post fart compilations on youtube and share it to one another on EB instead of trying to improve the game.

Thing is, new traits don't often make for good previews, which is obviously a blessing and a curse. Our traiters(what few of us there are) could have done the best work in the history of EB, followed historical sources+historian supervision as closely as possible, made the mechanics as fun and intuitive as possible--but then you come along, see a unit you don't like the look of, concurrently someone refuses to answer rad's question, and suddenly the whole mod is dead. Suddenly all historicity in the mod is subpar, according to your nebulous definition of the concept. In summary: why do I even bother?

As well, somehow the mod was perfect and superior at the historical level in the past, even though there has been at least one faction with real historical problems for ages, and which is now finally undergoing an overhaul. But no, you're right--back to those fart compilations.