Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

See? I told you that image was gonna start a riot.
    Those damned Spartans...just because of this i am gonna sack that stupid village of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollodotos I Soter View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's impossible to make. Areas are either traversable or not, seasonal changes don't matter.
    yeah thought that would be the case. Would be awesome though

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    See? I told you that image was gonna start a riot.
    Those damned Spartans...just because of this i am gonna sack that stupid village of theirs.
    Also, rename the settlement to Leuktra, just to annoy the inhabitants.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

When i conquer them as the Macedonians, they will be renamed to Alexandria nr 21 or something like that.
    If i am playing a Persian type faction they will be renamed to 'error_city_not_found".

Civitate

When i conquer them as the Macedonians, they will be renamed to Alexandria nr 21 or something like that.
    If i am playing a Persian type faction they will be renamed to 'error_city_not_found".

No... please don't destroy glorious Sparta, just rename it to UNKNOWN "Yauna-Shahr".

This is based on a story of Spartans sending emissaries to Cyrus, demanding that Persia cause no harm to Greeks in Asia Minor, or Spartans will punish him - to which Cyrus replied:
    "The Spartans? - Who are they?"
    Last edited by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σω April 15, 2016 at 07:39 AM.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

They finally learned them bad way.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Flooded areas are always passable in vanilla and other mods, even if it means all the campaign map models are wading up to their necks in flood water. I had a diplomat just the other day in SSHIP standing proudly outside Rome, almost entirely submerged but still diligently handing over tribute.

Civitate

New unit - Libyan Swordsmen pictured on twitter!

There was a different Lybian unit posted a while back credited to someone else. Different unit?
    Looked almost identical.

There was a different Lybian unit posted a while back credited to someone else. Different unit?
    Yes. I assume you refer to the Libyian spearmen that got a late version. These are a simmilar unit, but armed with swords. It's the closest to the Elite African Swordsmen of EBI

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Libyian swordsmen won't be in 2.2.
    well so much for that anubis hahaha gosh i will play carthage till i'm dead in 2.2 xD

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    well so much for that anubis hahaha gosh i will play carthage till i'm dead in 2.2 xD
    From the other thread -
    Indeed. A new unit is just previewed that till a few days ago we thought won't be in 2.2.

But when Gustave asks
    hey guys, do you mind if i do this unit

, and Zarrr says
    yeah i'll do the model sure

you ofc say HELL YES and don't ask questions
    So yeah haha

Will there be Punic Phalangitai or a Carthaginian Version of the Epilektoi Thorakitai?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Will there be Punic Phalangitai or a Carthaginian Version of the Epilektoi Thorakitai?
    Don't ask about the Phalangitai . It's definetly not going to be made soon if it's made at all. It's a really polarizing unit and a big point of disagreement amongst our historians. I can't see the Carthaginians having anything like the Epilektoi though. At least it's not concepted as of yet. And i really can't think whom they would represent

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    No Punic phalangitai; they can hire merc phalanxes like anyone else, and that's as far as it goes. The evidence isn't great, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No Punic phalangitai; they can hire merc phalanxes like anyone else, and that's as far as it goes. The evidence isn't great, basically.
    was there ever any tangible evidence at all? iirc, most of the theories been built on various conjectures and i'd be interesting to see something more concrete to support the assumption that there ever was such a thing as punic phalangitai.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    was there ever any tangible evidence at all? iirc, most of the theories been built on various conjectures and i'd be interesting to see something more concrete to support the assumption that there ever was such a thing as punic phalangitai.
    There were some pictures which could be interpreted as a phalangite. Also it's been stated that archeologists found an arsenal of sarrissas in Carthage but when we tried to trace the info we couldn't find it so it's hard to say where the guy that made the original concept got it. Maybe he misstyped his source or something different. So mostly just conjectural evidence. Some think it's enough, others don't.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

I'd say why waste a unit slot for them if they can be represented by a merc phalangitai unit. Even if Qart used phalangitai they would be most likely be hellenic mercs anyway

Would it been possible that the Carthaginiam fielded "phalanx" would have both capable of hurling javelins and then reforming into a defensive phalanx in the flanks of the line?

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    I'd say why waste a unit slot for them if they can be represented by a merc phalangitai unit. Even if Qart used phalangitai they would be most likely be hellenic mercs anyway
    I agree. As it stands, it isn't difficult to build a small fleet (or use an existing fleet) and sail to Greece or Ptolemy's lands with a General and recruit mercenary phalangites to your heart's content.