Page 265 of 268 FirstFirst ... 165215240255256257258259260261262263264265266267268 LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 5343

Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    We now have Another Lunatic unit in the game running arround forests naked.
    Don't knock it until you've tried it.
    Furthermore I believe capitalism must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Every unit that's been previewed is in the patch. We only preview finished ones.

The buildings are far too big to include in the patch, you'll have to wait for the next full installer to get those.
    Damnit. I was already counting on those sweet buildings. Looks like Carthage has to be a 2.4 cmapaign between their rework and this.

Just hoping that release doesn't take as long as this one now that we know we will have those beauties waiting for us

We will either find a way, or make one.

Well, 2.4 will also include a new faction (IIRC), so it might take a while. I personally don't mind, though, I prefer things as most "complete" as possible. I've been a stalwart fan of EB in all its iterations since 2006, so it's awesome to see this work of love being constantly worked on. And praise the Gods, there are other mods where this is true also.

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Well, 2.4 will also include a new faction (IIRC), so it might take a while. I personally don't mind, though, I prefer things as most "complete" as possible. I've been a stalwart fan of EB in all its iterations since 2006, so it's awesome to see this work of love being constantly worked on. And praise the Gods, there are other mods where this is true also.
    Oh does it? I knew about the 2-3 reworks planned, but didn't remember that.

I assume its gonna be a while as it always is, and as a modder myself I know these thigns take time. My comment came from the fact I have been following the mod (EB 2, I never had Rome Total war) myself from early on, and I beleive just that this hiatus since updates (27 months I believe right now?) has been the biggest, thats why I was hoping for a smaller one this time. But I know its gonna be at least 6 months most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    Damnit. I was already counting on those sweet buildings. Looks like Carthage has to be a 2.4 cmapaign between their rework and this.

Just hoping that release doesn't take as long as this one now that we know we will have those beauties waiting for us
    What does the Carthage rework entail?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

WHAT IS THE NEW FACTION THAT WILL APPEAR IN VERSION 2.4???!!!

Also, Carthage is getting all of its settlement models redone, both towns and cities (which look amazing by the way), so that's part of it, I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    What does the Carthage rework entail?
    I would love to know myself. But we will know in due time I presume hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    I would love to know myself. But we will know in due time I presume hehe.
    Well, I can't go into details but the concept is very ambitious. Among some ideas, I can say that replacing the current governments and colonies in order to add new ones (with much more options and a lot of new descriptions that speak about the modern historiographical debates of Carthaginian history) is the core of the revamp. We would also love to add many new traits, events based on historical facts and revamp the family tree and ethnicities as well as the Barcid system. I would personally like to add several ropleplayable (but historical accurate) events (inspired on those events that you can find in the Paradox games) focused on the civil daily life (for example, some of them would be focused on the way of life of the Carthaginian women).

That said, please don't get too hyped up. Maybe we can't add all these ideas in 2.4 because both free time and manpower is limited. In summary, you can expect to have the new governments and colonies eventually but the other concepts are less of a priority. After all, Carthage is not the only faction that will be revamped.

For the moment all we have is the concept of the political trees, all their historical descriptions written and some new trait systems more or less finished.

---

BTW, I am always open to suggestions (from a historical and gameplay point of view) in regard to the factions I coordinate (Carthage, Lusitanians and Celtiberians). So, feel free to post your ideas if you want.

Also, this is a good moment to mention that we are always looking for people who can make new traits. Actually, it is not too difficult to learn it and we have some members that can help potential traiters that want to work with us. After all, IMHO, traits are one of the main features of EB2, they can make a "vanilla" faction a vibrant and interesting faction that tells a story during the campaign. IMO, the Celtiberian and the Gallic factions are great examples of it.
    Last edited by Trarco; March 20, 2021 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    Well, I can't go into details but the concept is very ambitious. Among some ideas, I can say that replacing the current governments and colonies in order to add new ones (with much more options and a lot of new descriptions that speak about the modern historiographical debates of Carthaginian history) is the core of the revamp. We would also love to add many new traits, events based on historical facts and revamp the family tree and ethnicities as well as the Barcid system. I would personally like to add several ropleplayable (but historical accurate) events (inspired on those events that you can find in the Paradox games) focused on the civil daily life (for example, some of them would be focused on the way of life of the Carthaginian women).

That said, please don't get too hyped up. Maybe we can't add all these ideas in 2.4 because both free time and manpower is limited. In summary, you can expect to have the new governments and colonies eventually but the other concepts are less of a priority. After all, Carthage is not the only faction that will be revamped.

For the moment all we have is the concept of the political trees, all their historical descriptions written and some new trait systems more or less finished.

---

BTW, I am always open to suggestions (from a historical and gameplay point of view) in regard to the factions I coordinate (Carthage, Lusitanians and Celtiberians). So, feel free to post your ideas if you want.

Also, this is a good moment to mention that we are always looking for people who can make new traits. Actually, it is not too difficult to learn it and we have some members that can help potential traiters that want to work with us. After all, IMHO, traits are one of the main features of EB2, they can make a "vanilla" faction a vibrant and interesting faction that tells a story during the campaign. IMO, the Celtiberian and the Gallic factions are great examples of it.
    I agree that traits and ancillaries (though traits especially as they cannot be transferred and do not have a hard coded limitation) are one of the best parts of this game. How exactly could we help you write traits?

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    I agree that traits and ancillaries (though traits especially as they cannot be transferred and do not have a hard coded limitation) are one of the best parts of this game. How exactly could we help you write traits?
    Lusitanio is in charge of the traits now, so he can give you a better reply than I. In any case, I am going to show him your question

We always want people working on traits, there's always work to be done, either to optimize the current existing triggers, create new traits and mechanics or create and improve the current ancillaries.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Are the Turan Archer-Infantry the Subeshi Archers of the unit files ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Are the Turan Archer-Infantry the Subeshi Archers of the unit files ?
    No. Don't pay much attention to the labels in the EDU, they're not necessarily accurate.

No. Don't pay much attention to the labels in the EDU, they're not necessarily accurate.
    So there are units that were previewed for the next version/ that are coming that are not viewable in the EDU ? Or are they just labeled differently ?

I'd love to see stats on those Turans, good multipurpose infantry is hard to find....

So there are units that were previewed for the next version/ that are coming that are not viewable in the EDU ? Or are they just labeled differently ?
    No, I'm saying the labels in the EDU for units without a full set of stats attached are unreliable. They are rarely reviewed so some of them are simply wrong.

No, I'm saying the labels in the EDU for units without a full set of stats attached are unreliable. They are rarely reviewed so some of them are simply wrong.
    Aww I thought we would get those plus some other goodies. CA really should allow engine modding, but seeing the remade Rome 1 its rather unlikely. I want EB 2 with endless units !

Nice work showcasing the Turan Horse archers! Although I would say that the facial textures on some of the models look a little awkward. Regardless, they will come to a pasture near you come the late migration.

PS: This trend should really be a sticky trend.
    Last edited by realm56; April 22, 2021 at 09:02 PM.

Nice work ! Already up on the new units I see, any chance they might be implemented on the R2 version of the current patch or is that a bit much ?

They look great, love the chinese (xiongnu ?) style sabres.

Nice work ! Already up on the new units I see, any chance they might be implemented on the R2 version of the current patch or is that a bit much ?

They look great, love the chinese (xiongnu ?) style sabres.
    No, I'm afraid those two missed the cut-off for Release 2.