Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 2

Default Re: Assassin's Creed 2

Venice! Florence! Milan? Rome? Please Ubisoft, can I have some more...

antares24's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Invasion View Post
    Omg Rome would be amazing. There would be a lot of ruins too, as the city wan't that big at this time period. (right?)

The character is from Florence so I'm hoping that that is one of the settings. Milan would be cool and Rome would be awesome.
    there were (and still are) Roman-era buildings and ruins in Rome, but in the game time period Rome too was in the Renaissance phase, with many churchs, squares and palaces being built in the city, that was quite big for the time and growing

eheh i'm from Rome so it would be awesome to play in the city, imagine using Ezio (the new character) for some mission in some street you've been that same day
    Factum est illud, fieri infectum non potest

"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn’t even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

It's confusing how they've just skipped to the Renaissance, because I thought the story was about a feud between the Hashashim and the Templars.Hopefully, Assassin's Creed will turn out to be an innovative game, live up to the hype and fill in some spots beside other great upcoming games like God of War III.
    In the game, the Templars and the Hashashim still exist in the present so it makes sense in this context that the conflict has evolved over time, starting at the Crusades. And the Animus allows to skip to any period with an available ancestor of Desmond.

Primicerius

Renaissance Italy is a great setting! Machiavellian dukes, intrigues and interesting cities. Hopefully Venice, Florence, Rome and Milan will be present.

sdomi_cabsav@Hotmail's Avatar Civis

I hope thye get rid of the stupid mission system.

Ran's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by sdomi_cabsav@Hotmail View Post
    I hope thye get rid of the stupid mission system.
    Not only did they get rid of them, but they replaced them with 16 unique ones.

Or did you mean get rid of the entire mission part of the game? Because then it wouldn't really be Assassin's Creed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ran View Post
    Not only did they get rid of them, but they replaced them with 16 unique ones.
    Thats good I have to say I got board of the missions quickly in assassin's creed 1.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by antares24 View Post
    there were (and still are) Roman-era buildings and ruins in Rome, but in the game time period Rome too was in the Renaissance phase, with many churchs, squares and palaces being built in the city, that was quite big for the time and growing

eheh i'm from Rome so it would be awesome to play in the city, imagine using Ezio (the new character) for some mission in some street you've been that same day
    until pope julius the second
    the entire forum was still 100 % intact
    that is a huge area,the city and just outside the walls (the city moved in the middle ages) hundreds of roman buildings

but i am not sure if the game is set before pope julius

Mathais's Avatar Ordinarius

This is going to be sweet for after reading GameInformer artical is really sounds like they got it some what all there with game play. Though I will say this it is going to worth it when it comes out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Germanico View Post
    until pope julius the second
    the entire forum was still 100 % intact
    that is a huge area,the city and just outside the walls (the city moved in the middle ages) hundreds of roman buildings

but i am not sure if the game is set before pope julius
    The article in Game Informer says it's in the 1470s.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." -Seneca

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Armfelt View Post

Wait is it me or has he got all four fingers and a thumb with no disemberments like Altir?

-Evil

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Nope no missing fingers like the teaser, from what I remember wasn't losing a finger part of initiation in the first?

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

The conspicuousness factor on this guy has multiplied by like 70 million...

I don't think he's a member at the beggining of the game.

Juli26's Avatar Vicarius

Ubisoft has revealed the first official details of its upcoming Assassin's Creed II video game.
    According to Game Informer, the sequel will be set in 15th century Venice and Florence, with players controlling Ezio, an ancestor of Desmond Miles from the original game.
    The new title will scrap the repetitive mission structure of its predecessor in favour of a more varied set of missions, with side missions becoming available depending on the character's notoriety.
    Other new features include a full day and night cycle, the ability to swim, taller buildings, weapon-specific special moves and smarter AI - with different enemies making extra attempts to find the hidden player.
    The game will also feature famous historical figures such as Machiavelli, who teaches Ezio tactics, as well as Leonardo Da Vinci.
    An alleged list of brand new features to be included in the Assassin's Creed sequel just surfaced. Fans might wanna take a close look at this one.

The first thing that catches the eye is the inclusion of Leonardo Da Vinci. In Assassin's Creed 2, Da Vinci is an ally to Ezio's family and will play the role usually attributed to Q in the James Bond movies. Also present is the famous Machiavelli, who can teach you new "tactics".

Natural born killer will be happy to know that the new games adds dozens of weapons (packed with their own special moves – for instance, a pike allows you to knock many enemies off their feet). In addition, the enviroment provides some weapons as well, since the player can now throw dirt in an enemy's eyes, among other things.

Additional features include the following:

- Ezio can dive into the water in Venice, hide underwater as long as he can hold his breath, etc.
    - You can pull guards in the water to assassinate them.
    - Taller buildings. You can use a new leap maneuver to climb faster.
    - More varied "hiding places"
    - Ezio's infamy grows if makes too much commotion, making people more suspicious. If you become notorious, new missions appear (example: assassinate the witnesses, bribe people, get rid of wanted posters), so you can lower your notorious level if you want.
    - Ezio can disarm enemies and use their weapons against them.
    - Game is made to address concerns people had with AC1, while staying true to its core. Biggest need was "more variety". AC2 no longer uses the AC1 gameplay loop structure (bureau, info, assassination).
    - Day and night cycle.
    I'm sorry if this has been posted before.
    Foreign Languages

Quote Originally Posted by Juli26 View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been posted before.

Sorry I don't beleive it could you post me the Link to that
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Quote Originally Posted by General Kamos View Post
    I don't think he's a member at the beggining of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    Nope no missing fingers like the teaser, from what I remember wasn't losing a finger part of initiation in the first?
    Or maby they dont cut off the fingers any more I mean if you think about it its been couple hundred years in game they might have figured a way around the Idea of just cutting off the finger. I mean after awhile wouldent the guards realize all the assassins are missing a finger it would be easy to hunt them down.
    Last edited by Roman14; April 14, 2009 at 03:58 PM.

Not at all Roman14 for if you remember the lab assistant in the first game showed Desmond a missing finger around the end of the game.

Garrigan's Avatar Domesticus

No she didnt. She bent down the corresponding finger to show she knew the importance of the missing finger, as Roman said it could have become too conspicuous, so bending a finger to give the impression of it being missing might have been adopted as a symbol of trust.

Once known as Kasey| Hoplite for The Greek Wars Mod