Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The following bills/actions must be implemented

Civitate

Default The following bills/actions must be implemented

Those new bills have passed without implementation yet, I wondered if they had been forgotten, or what...just a reminder anyway!
    Last edited by Каие; April 08, 2009 at 12:33 PM.

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

Default Re: The following bills must be implemented

Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

In addition to the February and now March CdeC reports...

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

VONC! VONC! VONC! VONC!

Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspur View Post
    In addition to the February and now March CdeC reports...
    ...and updating the Constitution with the following amendments:

[Amendment] Curator/CdeC Conflict Adjustment
    [Amendment] Curator's assistant
    [Amendment] The Graphics Competition Medal

I believe there is also a backlog of disciplinary cases that need to be started.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

I will point out that the admins are not required to implement any Decisions.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Bokks's Avatar Thinking outside Myself

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    And on that note as far as the sub-forums and signature guidelines go I assumed they were in the process of being ratified and or designed for implimentation.

The backlog of disciplinary preceedings and citizen list updates have been behind for the last two years, though, haven't they?
    It's a bit freigtening to actually see everything listed, though. That's a ah-Wow.
    Patronized by Vɛrbalcartɷnist|Great-Great-Grandclient of Crandar
    Thinking Outside the Bokks since 2008...

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Being a bit dense myself -- why should Fabulous resign? The curator is neither god nor a windup toy. Soulghast is doing fine in his temporary absence. The fact that work needs to be done does not imply that work has been ignored.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    They are required to give some kind of notification either way though correct?
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Makoy View Post
    They are required to give some kind of notification either way though correct?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...86574#sec2art3

Decisions - A proposal for the creation of an official Decision of the Curia on any topic relevant to the functioning of TWC. Such a Decision is not binding, but the Curator should ensure (to the best of his ability) that the Hexagon Council promptly either implements the Decision, or gives an official reason for not having implemented all or part of it.
    Send us a note if we don't catch something right away. The last fellow was very good at this and used to track people down on the MSN .

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

The new subforum of Thema Devia sounds like it would be almost the same as the Coliseum, and so it looks like we're not going to implement that, but I'll post in the Moderator Den reminding people that forum games belong in the Coliseum, and you can report any in TD. The signature quote guidelines had some discussion on them, but it's died for the time being and will have to be resurrected by someone. It doesn't look to me like we need to be involved in Fabolous resigning his CdC seat: he can do that himself, and if he refuses I guess you should VoNC him. I've changed the size of the sig box. I've created the Archives forum, if the parameters aren't right then tell me.

Anyway, yeah, Hex isn't really expected or required to keep track of Curia decisions. We get to be absentminded. It's the Curator who has to poke us into dealing with things on a regular basis if we forget or don't notice.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    Being a bit dense myself -- why should Fabulous resign? The curator is neither god nor a windup toy. Soulghast is doing fine in his temporary absence. The fact that work needs to be done does not imply that work has been ignored.
    It's not him resigning as Curator, it's him resigning his seat on the CdeC. That caught me for a second, too... I thought "oh hey, when did we decide that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Simetrical View Post
    The signature quote guidelines had some discussion on them, but it's died for the time being and will have to be resurrected by someone.
    I was just about to say that it looks like it's been implimented when I saw this...
    I've changed the size of the sig box. I've created the Archives forum, if the parameters aren't right then tell me.
    So I guess that covers it quite well.

I haven't seen the Archives yet so I can't comment on how you've dealt with my baby and brain-child, but everything looks so far so good to me!

[edit]
    Actually, the title of the sub-forum,
    Quote Originally Posted by Archives
    For measures that have either passed or fallen inactive. No one may post, but anyone may view.
    This doesn't matter too much, it's just me being a stickler, but technically it should read "for measures that have either finished their vote or have become inactive."
    When you say "passed" it makes it sound like the proposals that failed in the vote will remain in the proposal floor.

Like I said it's not major at all, but it effects the continuity.
    Last edited by Bokks; April 04, 2009 at 11:42 PM.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

I said
    Being a bit dense myself
    So yeah, I suppose as curator with the new rule, he will do so upon his return. Another by-election? Or an add on to the current process?

Also, regarding forum games -- does that mean we have relagated

Medieval II - Thread Wars ( 12345678910 ... Last Page)

to the remove process? I think it is the only active "game" in M2TW and is quite harmless taking up it's one line of front page space.

I opposed the idea of the subforum, but now moderators will need to deal with this. Oh well -- they can blame the Curia for being meanies.
    Last edited by Viking Prince; April 04, 2009 at 11:50 PM.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

The current process of the CdeC election?

I can't speak for the way that it will actually happen, but I figured that it would be just like any other CdeC member resigning his seat, which I believe means they act a man short until the next election cycle. I could be wrong, it could be that elections are immediately held, but I remember the CdeC being members short before.

I imagine that Fabolous would prefer to stay on as Curator instead of resign that office in favor of the CdeC. But then again, I suppose he can do what he wants.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Bokks View Post
    This doesn't matter too much, it's just me being a stickler, but technically it should read "for measures that have either finished their vote or have become inactive."
    When you say "passed" it makes it sound like the proposals that failed in the vote will remain in the proposal floor.

Like I said it's not major at all, but it effects the continuity.
    I have fixed the forum description. I assume that is what you meant.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

I am aware of what needs to be done. I was quite busy yesterday, so I could only get online for less than 1 hour, but I'll get to them eventually, hopefully starting today. The CdeC reports are a bit tricky, because I need to check all election threads to find exactly who sat on the CdeC at any point during February and March, and then going through all votes to see if they voted. It's a time consuming process, so please bear with me.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    I have fixed the forum description. I assume that is what you meant.
    That is indeed, thank you Augustus!
    Now... can we include some artistic fluer delacuer around it as well, or is that asking for too much? I'm thnking about some sorta subtle tones of varying hues, splashed around in a sort of Victorian facade to really showcase elegence. Something that says... "this was Bokks's idea, love him forever..."

Much obliged AL, it's perfect now. Not that it wasn't before... well, one can't have varying degrees of a superlative, I guess...

And Soulghast, I'd say none of us expects all of this to be finished in a day, (although there has been an impressive hit at it so far) merely this is a checklist of sorts to work by. (That's what I see it as, anyway, some of the grumpier members here might want you to walk on water...)

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    You haven't seen the CdeC

The new subforum of Thema Devia sounds like it would be almost the same as the Coliseum, and so it looks like we're not going to implement that, but I'll post in the Moderator Den reminding people that forum games belong in the Coliseum, and you can report any in TD. The signature quote guidelines had some discussion on them, but it's died for the time being and will have to be resurrected by someone. It doesn't look to me like we need to be involved in Fabolous resigning his CdC seat: he can do that himself, and if he refuses I guess you should VoNC him. I've changed the size of the sig box. I've created the Archives forum, if the parameters aren't right then tell me.

Anyway, yeah, Hex isn't really expected or required to keep track of Curia decisions. We get to be absentminded. It's the Curator who has to poke us into dealing with things on a regular basis if we forget or don't notice.
    That's the problem.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

I'd just like to point out that Fab has already resigned his CdeC seat, which explains the fact that Boeing is currently a Councillor. Check this thread for a list on who is currently on the CdeC. I recently updated it. Fab may be part of the CdeC usergroup, but so was Justy, but he does not have voting rights. Him being on the CdeC usergroup might be necessary for him to perform some Curator duties, but the fact remains that Fab is not currently a CdeC Member.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast