Page 7 of 154 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Is there a mode that gives billions of cash?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOz View Post
    REALLY? You really dont know? Ok well some people have 'fun' from the challenge involved in a game, and the satisfaction of winning, or even losing 'less' because of there own skill and micromanagement of there empire.

Some OTHERS have 'fun' from being in a position of complete dominance over the AI, not having to worry about budgeting the economy at all, and churning out huge armies, to enjoy massive battles quickly and often.
    And others have fun by giving the A.I. money so that they can fight a fair war with it. I play with out cheats and I always have more money than them, leading to pathetic war and attempt to conquer me.

HarryPalms's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Is there a mode that gives billions of cash?

Pre-patch vanilla?

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Mod Recommendations Here

Merged mod recommendation threads.

Singleton Mosby's Avatar Tiro
    Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA

Which mod should I use if I want to play minor factions in custom battles?

Default Razor's Redcoat Unit Skins?

I was wondering if anyone had a link to his Redcoat Skin, because the link in the previous topic was outdated. The thread won't show up. Can anyone locate an updated link of Razor's Redcoat Skins? I know that this is the wrong board to ask yet I'm unsure of where else to ask.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Razor's Redcoat Unit Skins?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorldEngland View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had a link to his Redcoat Skin, because the link in the previous topic was outdated. The thread won't show up. Can anyone locate an updated link of Razor's Redcoat Skins? I know that this is the wrong board to ask yet I'm unsure of where else to ask.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jyhmmmomntf

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240661

This is for Razors Redcoats and many others including Kaveln version, which i love the most good work of those skins though guys

Default Re: Razor's Redcoat Unit Skins?

Thank-You!

Has anyone made a save-game compatible mod that lets you play past 1820 and beyond~! I was about to conquer the world, got lazy for a few turns and now it stopped

KinginAryia's Avatar Foederatus

hm, Hope that WWI mod grants my dream World Mod
    "The World is God's sandbox, and we're just the rebellious Toys."

what about a mod for regimental colours so instead of one flag with the national symbol theres another one for that regiment and for the drummer there tow young boys one with a flute and one with a drum it will add to the sound mods affect because i know the drummer guy isn't making a whistling sound with that drum and every one has different clothes hats and faces and facial hair like in medieval

Default Best Mod?

What do you guys think is the best mod?

I've just been reading about DarthMod's and it looks great. However, before I commit to download. Which do you guys prefer for realism?

No, that isn't a banana

Default Re: Best Mod?

Use the mod manager and try them all.

Others to consider are The Rigths of Man (TROM) and A Propoer Empire (APE).

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Imperial Splendour is my favorite. Great combat changes and adds to the AI. Also decreases unit upkeep so you can field larger armies.

I've been playing a A Proper Empire. It seems more well rounded than the other mods, including the flag changes, reskins, units, etc. as well as AI.

Ditto.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I haven`t used any major mods. I like little mods since major mods tend to alter too much.

My fave mod at the moment are the fyffe and drums mod. It really adds to the atmosphere.
    Second is the blood mod.
    Third is the better sounds Mod.
    Fourth are the less tracers mod. It`s amazing how easy it is to tell who`s shooting at what without the tracer. Not hard at all. It`s great to see your troops getting bombarded and searching the distance to see where its coming from, just like in reality.

I've also avoided all the major mods. I will probably check them out in the future when they are polished up and ETW is fully done (which unfortunately could be awhile.)

However, in the meantime, I've been using the smaller mods especially skin mods that improve the historical accuracy of the units' appearances.

My favorites are:

Jingle-Bombs' Seven Years War- which is a great compilation of several mods: officer skins, battle flags, a few line infantry skins based on those used in the Seven Years War, and an equipment mod which gets rid of backpacks and has officers carring spontoons rather than swords. (I cannot use the equipment part of that mod due to a CTD caused by the spontoon carrying officer, but the rest of it looks and works great.)

Ancien Regime- Awesome skins for the Royal French Army. Just brilliant stuff!

Reduced tracer mod- As Humble Warrior stated, you can still see the bullets and cannons flying, but it's not as cartoonish as was in vanilla. A very nice mod.

Smoke mod- I kept avoiding this afraid that my old PC with its rather weak graphics card would struggle with it. However, the 1.8 light smoke mod works like a charm and has made the battles even more immersive.

German Faction Mod- Adds flags and accurate uniforms for the German minors such as Bavaria, Saxony, and Westphalia.

Wurtemberg Mod- More historically based uniforms for a German minor.

I've added a bunch of other skins- Waronmar's Spanish, R-Texture's Prussians, Legofinger's Brits. All great stuff!

Period Music Mod- Adds 18th century classical music to the menus and campaign map, but you're stuck with vanilla for the battles and replay.

I tried the drum and fife mod, but got rid of it. Although the creators are trying to figure out a way for each faction to use its own specific marching music, that's currently not possibly right now. So if you choose the "British Grenadiers" to accompany your British soldiers then you'll hear the opposing side playing it also. The sight of French soldiers marching to the "British Grenadiers" just didn't work for me. Plus when numerous units are marching- the music gets so garbled together that it sounds like a mess. Just wasn't my cup of tea.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by MKeogh View Post

I tried the drum and fife mod, but got rid of it. Although the creators are trying to figure out a way for each faction to use its own specific marching music, that's currently not possibly right now. So if you choose the "British Grenadiers" to accompany your British soldiers then you'll hear the opposing side playing it also. The sight of French soldiers marching to the "British Grenadiers" just didn't work for me. Plus when numerous units are marching- the music gets so garbled together that it sounds like a mess. Just wasn't my cup of tea.
    Agree... that is a disadvantage hearing the French play English music. Although the new one does a mix, so sometimes you get just the right combo and other times... not.

I may try the light smoke mod now since it worked ok for your system. It`s why I avoided it.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Merged mod recommendation threads.

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Default Historical accuracy nuts, I NEED YOUR HELP!

Since there is no big historical mods out yet, I've been looking for the best combination of small retexturing/units mods to play the more historical game possible. But there is so many!! So, I would like to see which mods you guys use to get the most of what is out already.
    Thanks very much.