Page 6 of 154 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Mods

Im with you tommy, im still so new to this that I didnt even know how to put my army into the ships. LOL! Thanks to django, I do now. Any tips with the mod dl would be helpful.

First, download LtChamber's mod manager here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335

It allows you to turn mods on and off and launch the game from the mod manager. It also detects conlficts. It makes using mods a lot easier.

Second, download winrar. It's free. When extracting a mod with winrar extract it to the desktop. I created a desktop folder called mods and send everything there.

Then you just need to follow the installation directions included in each mods thread. If your using the mod manager most mod installation is as easy as dropping the file in your data folder in your empire file.
    Last edited by django333; April 30, 2009 at 03:51 PM.

Rotaugen2009's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by django333 View Post
    First, download LtChamber's mod manager here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335

It allows you to turn mods on and off and launch the game from the mod manager. It also detects conlficts. It makes using mods a lot easier.

Second, download winrar. It's free. When extracting a mod with winrar extract it to the desktop. I created a desktop folder called mods and send everything there.

Then you just need to follow the installation directions included in each mods thread. If your using the mod manager most mod installation is as easy as dropping the file in your data folder in your empire file.
    Its this kind of ability to get quick answers to game related questions that brings me to forums in the first place. There are a lot of helpful people (and a few that live under a bridge) here that make the game experience much better.

I've been holding off on mods for this game until they did a couple of patches first so the modders would have time to make their mods work with the patches. I've put in mods for other games in the past though, and it really makes for better games overall, as the modding community tends to be a bit fanatic about improvements.

Personally I like Imperial Splendour + Smoke mod + Drum mod + 3 turns per year mod. Imperial Splendour slows down the campaign to a more realistic pace and improves the battlefield experience; smoke & drums add a great deal of atmosphere; 3 turns/year gives you more time to fulfill campaign objectives and makes winter battles much more rare (I hate 'em!)

There's also an Additional Units mod that looks good and works with all three main gameplay mods, and several uniform and flag mods that also look excellent.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I know I`m early, but has anyone made a better AI naval invasion mod yet?

Darth claims he has tweaked the AI to make naval invasions more of a priority but he was unable to produce a naval invasion pre patch. Perhaps he will have better luck now.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Mod Recommendations Here

Merged recommendation threads.

Hello to all,

yesterday I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.7" and it is fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.7 / A Proper Empire 1.21 / Imperial Splendor 1.071 / Vanilla"

My mod adds 17 new custom units to ETW. There are other 14 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too. These units are like "mercenaries" who can be recruited like normal units.

Please go to this link below for further discussions and comments, so that we have only one thread for the mod.

"Additional Units Mod 1.7"

could someone make a mod to put an extra banner carrier in a line infantry or elite or plain old professional unit except this will have the regiments colors on it no the national flag

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Default Is there a mode that gives billions of cash?

Is there a mod that gives billions of cash for all factions on the campaign map im tired of the trainers getting outdated after every patch!?
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Default Re: Is there a mode that gives billions of cash?

edit: nm.

ugg another trainer needs mod that gives alot of starting cash!!
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

I really don't understand what compels someone to cheat. How is the game even fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru View Post
    I really don't understand what compels someone to cheat. How is the game even fun?
    Gah. They must fail at the game I guess
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Default How to play as Norway!

Hello, if someone could tell me how to play as Norway or if someone could make mod where you can play as Norway! plz help me!

Default Re: How to play as Norway!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234251

1st page.. and this is the wrong place to start a thread for questions, this is for released mods..

Default Re: How to play as Norway!

Thanks alot m8!!

lol finished the game allready dumb dumbs wana try something fun.

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    lol finished the game allready dumb dumbs wana try something fun.
    I don't even think you can "finish" this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru View Post

REALLY? You really dont know? Ok well some people have 'fun' from the challenge involved in a game, and the satisfaction of winning, or even losing 'less' because of there own skill and micromanagement of there empire.

Some OTHERS have 'fun' from being in a position of complete dominance over the AI, not having to worry about budgeting the economy at all, and churning out huge armies, to enjoy massive battles quickly and often.