Page 57 of 154 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3068

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Re: Mod Recommendations Here

Threads Merged.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Default no fort sieges mod?

where can i download it? i have seen it before.

thanks,Joe
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

Righteous Fury's Avatar Civis

Thanks raistlinmajere8 and setep, much appreciated!
    NEVER SUBMIT
    NEVER SURRENDER

Default Re: patches and mods for a first-time empire buyer

thanks for the responces everyone

but i have encouted a problem in installation. When the computer wants me to install steam, there is an error message which reads %APADATA% or something similiar. has anyone encountered this before? is this the game itself, my computer or just steam being tiresome?

i doubt it is the game as it is brand new out of its plastic from amazon, nor is it the computer, which is about 3 and a half months old and very advanced, so im sure my specs can handle ETW.

also does anyone recall when CA released addons called elite units of the west and special forces, that added some elite and unique units. i would like to buy theese, does anne know how i buy them, where from and all that?

thanks tons for yer help

"Peccavi" or "I have sinned"

Message from British General Charles Napier to the Governor General of India, to inform him of his capture of Sindh, (I Have sinned/Sindh).

You buy those from steam by DLC, Just look at the main ETW Page on Steam then Click on DLC, from there you should be able to buy it.

drake546's Avatar Miles

For the minimialist, get the smoke and blood mod. It really helps the way the battles look.

I'd reccomend getting a naval mod of some sort or you'll at some point watch fifth rates kill your first rates.

There are some very good unit mods, but thats more of a taste thing. The DLC is not especially worth getting. Any of it.

Threads Merged.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Emergent Faction Revolution mod?

Maybe a rebel stack of these factions could be enough, they should fight to earn some land and not just receive it.

The USA pretty much always emerges though. Usually somewhere at Cherokee territory when they conquer land of the 13 colonies or when Spain conquers them. The wars here usually create enough unrest.

Scotland and Ireland never seem to emerge though because its far too easy to keep Brittain happy it seems.

Hey all, Im sorry for posting this here (don't know where else to put/find this) but, HOW do you guys switch Mods!

If you want to switch from Imperial Splendour to Darthmod and visa versa. Do you really need to remove everything and install everything...

Cheers mates.
    Last edited by Abadagoulous; October 27, 2009 at 09:12 PM.

Default Favourite Mod?

Not sure which board to post this on, but whats your favourite mod and why guys? I'm a mod virgin and looking for a game addition/fix
    "Advice for the day: If you have a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: Take two, and KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN."

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default Re: Favourite Mod?

This is the relevant thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=246170

As for my favourite mod, see my sig.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Favourite Mod?

Take a look at this mod from me and Team (see my sig)

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 2 rank fire

Quote Originally Posted by Red Von Hammer View Post
    I know what you mean, and it`d be great if the 3 rank fire worked as you adviced, in my case it is hardly so, the officer barely gets the time to order the second rank to fire before hell is upon my entire centre so to speak hehehe.
    Which is why I`d like 2 ranks firing into the enemy at once, which is faster than 3 ranks does so individually, then I can charge into them right after that, as added momentum.
    Also, even though the 2 first ranks are firing, doesnt mean I said one MUST stretch an entire unit into 2 ranks to get every man to fire at once, that was merely an example according to situation. One can still have 3 ranks lined up, but only the 2 in front would fire. But however one uses 3 rank fire, one always has to wait for the 3rd rank to reload. This means it takes exponentially longer time since the 3rd rank still has to reload before the 1st can fire. See the problem?
    The reason I chose to call it 2 rank fire is because 2 ranks are firing at once, not the entire unit per say. Mass fire sounds cool, but I`d rather want it to look nice than a whole bunch firing in a disorderly manner, also, this 2 rank firing drill is largely used in the era the game depicts, so to me there are no disadvantages either way, all this on top of it being completely historically correct
    Ahh yes, much different than what I thought you were talking about.

Yea thats a Pre-Charge volley. Even I wish a modder would add that in with it's own button. Click the button then click the enemy. They line up at their max range, front rank kneels and aims along with the second rank, they both fire and then get up and let loose the pig stickers.

Maybe a modder will see this and put it in. *Cough* Darth...

btw guys, first two ranks only fired in training - it was too hard to control the behavior of soldiers - in the battle third rank often fired through the first ranks sometimes causing casaulties to own men...

And that's why the soldiers were trained not to do that - even in-game it is written that 2 rank fire replaces 3 rank fire.

they were, but in the heat of battle they did it anyway... there are countless reports from Napoleonic era where soldiers in third rank fired through ranks and caused casaulties to own men...

Which country did this? Training differs from country to country.

article i read was about Line infantry in general, but they mentioned Russian, Prussian, French and Austrian troops..

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Fact is gentlemen what occurs in training and what occurs when the bullets begin to fly are very different from one another,and when a man stands there with a fully loaded weapon it is hard to convince him not to fire it especially when there are other men firing at him,retaliation is the natural desire and response and rare was the occasion that training over rode survival instinct(save for in Russia according to contemporary reports,but being serfs they didnt have much hope for survival even before being dragooned into service....)

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    article i read was about Line infantry in general, but they mentioned Russian, Prussian, French and Austrian troops..
    Ah, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    Fact is gentlemen what occurs in training and what occurs when the bullets begin to fly are very different from one another,and when a man stands there with a fully loaded weapon it is hard to convince him not to fire it especially when there are other men firing at him,retaliation is the natural desire and response and rare was the occasion that training over rode survival instinct(save for in Russia according to contemporary reports,but being serfs they didnt have much hope for survival even before being dragooned into service....)
    I doubt you would have ever seen the Black Watch, Coldstream Guards or other elite infantry units doing that sort of thing. The difference is in the training the soldiers receive - not everyone panics and shoots their musket off everywhere.