Page 4 of 154 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Mod Recommendations Here

Hello,

Sorry for the mistakes but I'm french.
    I need a mod who make the units biggest (160 -> 250 men in one units for exemple)

Thanks.

Mr Tom's Avatar Decanus

Arto: Try Darth Md, or follow a tutorial and just increase the sizes manually.

________

I recommend the More Revolutions mod it makes keeping order ore important, rather than just building a pub and the usual stuff, plus it also makes Emergents more likely as well as revolutions ()

Fore example of the Autocracyies in my current game 4 became Republics
    Sweden, which fell to Denmark
    The Ottomans.
    The Mughals
    The Marathas

I also think several minor factions have had changes alos, as well as Hungary emerging and Courland becoming a Republic just before Poland turned on it.

Icon3 Re: Mod Recommendations Here

I want hot-seat back and more regions

Ok thank you Mr Tom I've already try the Darth Mod but I don't like it because of the fire are not very powerful.

Where can I found a tutorial ???

Mr Tom's Avatar Decanus

Alternatively you could try Imperial Splendour.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238847
    For units^

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239545
    ^Editing Permissions for units (What factions can recruit them)

For others browse the mod workshop a bit there's plenty of them.

OMG too hard for me ^^

Thanks

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

How about an expanded availability for Highland Regiments?

I suppose they should be limited to six or so in number; not as powerful as the Black Watch unit in vanilla, but I would suggest a slight higher rate of speed and melee/charge bonus. They would be superior troops in defense, I guess.

Can somebody make a list of single-unit downloads or unit pack downloads?

Hello everybody, I am trying to find a mod to enhance play experience for ETW. What I am looking for is mostly more realism with out making the game stupidly difficult. Could someone rank top 3 mods under this criteria with a small or elaborate reason of their choices ^^.

I know that 'enhance play experience' is arbitrary as is 'stupidly difficult' since player skill vary so drastically but please give it a go.

Thanks in advanced.

Singleton Mosby's Avatar Tiro
    Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA

Quote Originally Posted by dom385 View Post
    could someone make a mod that just makes highlanders recruitable for britain please ?
    Imperial Splendour makes them recruitable.

Two suggestions which may or may not have already been put on the table and both of which refer to revolutions.

Firstly, a mod that will change the uniform of the soldiers accordingly, where a revolution has taken place, for example a change from white to blue for a French revolution.

Secondly, a much larger endeavour, revolutions for all factions such as non-playable factions like the Italian states where the flag would change to the modern tri-colour of Green White and Red and emergent factions such as Ireland, where the flag would change to the modern tri-colour of Green White and Orange.

*EDIT

Found a source for the latter suggestion:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250640
    Last edited by Temujin64; April 22, 2009 at 07:37 AM.

I am trying to find a way to replace inside the BOOT.PACK the Legal.dds and the logo.dds ....The problem I experience is that EACH time I open the boot pack (no matter what I do) ....I need to reinstall the game again . I there a way to Edit the boot pack in order to change the Starting dds (legal.dds)
    thanks

Hello

I don't know if it's already been sugested, but an interesting idea for a mod would be to have back our damn movement points when you disembark troops, so that you can direcly attack a city or an army in the same turn whitout waiting another turn. I mean, It didn't took 6 months to disembark troops back in the 18th century??
    Sometimes you could direcly attack an undefended city, but the time you lose by having to wait another turn makes that sometimes the AI reinforces the city...

KinginAryia's Avatar Foederatus

All I want in a mod is A Bigger Map
    1. Find a way to introduce, "Settling" There is a lot of land in North America that is unconquerable. Why not put in a unit that can turn an area into a settled one. And you choose the cities location, But you cant choose the size, its a default preset and when u put a settler unit in that area, it only settles that part. Make it like 5 turns before it can become a town. Just a thought
    2. I like how they split up the map in Empire. Theaters, Put in an Indo/China Theater, a Japanese/Pacific Isles theater, What happen to the inca/South America lands? Put them in. split the america Theater to just North and South. And Put in Australia and Africa (not all of Africa because it wasnt really settled in the middle til near end 19th cent, well you could and make European settle lands through out it.)

I dont want to be able to really CONQUER ALL The world in just 100 years with Prussia and yes i am using IS.

technishn08's Avatar Decanus

I don't care about the map. I mean, a bigmap version would be nice, but not vital. What I do want, is a mod with ALL factions playable. From Great Britain to Greece, I want to play as whatever faction I choose. And I want victory conditions for those "minor" factions! Faction descriptions would be nice to have as well. I want a mod that I can download and install without fear of CTDs or the like. I know emergent factions were made playable in RTW: BI, so I'm pretty sure someone can figure out how to get them playble glitch and CTD free in ETW. PLEASE!!!!
    Is it not worthy of tears that, when the number of worlds is infinite, we have not yet become lords of a single one?-Alexander the Great

KinginAryia's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by technishn08 View Post
    I don't care about the map. I mean, a bigmap version would be nice, but not vital.
    well, wouldn't it be cool to be Japan invading Italy? Or Germany taking over China's coast lines. Who wouldn't love that, it would give a real Empire feel.
    "The World is God's sandbox, and we're just the rebellious Toys."

For those looking for a mod that doesn't change the whole game
    but want mor fun and interesting battles right from start and a campaign being challengin from the very first years of 1700 up to the turns of 1800

check out War Smoke Rising

main features :
    early fire by rank, canister shot and ring byonets right from start.

Upkeep and cost of units scaling progressivly with evolving economy during the campaign.

and much more

Shadow8's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Imperial Splendour or Darth Mod?

Not sure if this is the right place, but i'm tired of waiting for the patch and i'm ready for a big mod, which should i get?

Default Re: Imperial Splendour or Darth Mod?

Both are very good mods. However the muskets in Darth are very weak, and in IS the costs for all units are too expensive so you mainly can afford a big army. But i recommend Darth mod.

Bloodzen's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Imperial Splendour or Darth Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Shivendra View Post
    Both are very good mods. However the muskets in Darth are very weak, and in IS the costs for all units are too expensive so you mainly can afford a big army. But i recommend Darth mod.
    I find that ever since version 1.5 of Darthmod the muskets have been very deadly
    Iv seen 1 volley of musket fire take out half of a charging cavalry unit tons of times