Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Mod Recommendations Here

I don't know if anyone's already said this... and I think this is the right spot so...

I'd like to see an army men mod. The green dudes, camoflauge. I guess the years would have to be changed if that's possible. 1900-2000

Hell, it sounds like aircraft is taking off sometimes with the sound f-ups so that would fit right in. lol

The ships could be turned silver...

Or...

I'm thinking pirates of the carribean mod. You take control as Jack Sparrow or Barbarossa. With skeletons for pirate crew. lol

I've seen a horse become a giant lizard or a chocobo in Mount & Blade... and dragons in Oblivion.

Make it happen!

Has there been any tools released for modding the models in ETW.
    Last edited by scotty0351; April 08, 2009 at 11:29 PM.

Hot Seat.

=IlgarKhan='s Avatar Foederatus

what i want is every faction available at campaign
    thatd be g8 thx

Valar Morghulis

I would like to see a mod for a few things. Here is my list really.

- Land Battle: Exploding Armories
    This is tied to my next mod thought. But when you destroy an armory the powder magazine should have a chance to explode. This was a major issue in many forts as they had not planned well and did not dig a bunker. A well placed shot into the armory would blow the magazine and well...usually killed allot of people in the fort to boot.
    Additionally, may be the ability to sabotage the armory of a fort so that the defenders can only muster half their usual ammo? Just a thought there.

- Land Battle: Burning Buildings
    Why is it that I can hit a building with explosive and flaming rounds and nothing happens. Wooden buildings and they do not burn? I would think that a direct hit where the shell impacts and then detonates would cause significant damage and possibly set the building alight. From then it would continue to burn and degrade till collapse. The fire would also cause moral loss due to being in a burning building and a smart army should LEAVE!

- Naval Battles: More ammo types
    They are already there, why not use them. Carcass, explosive, and shrapnel ammos were used by the navies for ship to ship as well as bombardment of fortresses. Why not use them in the game to. I honestly like watching enemy ships explode, it is fun. But also I think there is a place for them as each is an advancement of attacking and killing your enemy. And in major engagements it was more about sinking the enemy then it was about taking their ships.

- Land Battle: New Ammo
    An addition of the Buckshot and ball ammo type. Combining a standard ball with three buckshot they are fired from smooth bore muskets for close range effect. Since four balls will have a better chance to hit then just one. This ammo is incompatible with rifled weapons.
    I would also add a tech advance allowing grenadiers to use grenade launchers. These weapons were hand held and used a powder charge to launch a lit grenade at the target. This was dangerous though as the weapon once fired needs to be reloaded. Also, the chance of the grenade going off in the users weapon was also high.

Just some ideas, enjoy.

I will like to see a ship configuration interface which brings the posibility of change guns configurations and crew loads even change the commander or promote the best to admirals of fleet, something similar to Patrician III has.

Swiwel-guns or perriers, falcons,falconets mod, with those ship hut mounted guns would be nice.

YES! Totally agree...we really should be able to load out our ships as needed...right now it's just carbon copies of ships fighting each other. Ships were very unique in armament, crew quality, officer quality, sailing quality, etc. Would also like to see a regional bonus for ships constructed in places that historically built the best ships....like Rhode Island, Baltimore, Bath, etc.

Perhaps it's hard coded, or tricky to do, but if it were ever possible to add more regions to the world map, I would be very happy. Even just adding a region or two with the really big areas. Somehow, I don't like the idea of taking a single region and then conquering all of Spain in continental Europe....

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

agreed with infernocanuck, but i believe that the region section is hardcoded, not the traits and the like for the existing regions, but the ability to move and create new ones is.

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Guys I saw in a video some order sounds ( like "Hold !", "Fire !" and so on...) can someone tell where can I find that
    &

Was it a cgi video? because in that case it was a make-believe feature.

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Well I asked the man who made the video and he told me that the sounds aren't "ingame" and that they were added after the making of the video. But I think that making some new orders like the classic - "Make ready !" ; "Present !" ; "Fire !" is nod a bad idea
    &

Attachment 37355

somebody make a mod that removes that text plz

I JUST WANT THE STATS! ^^
    Last edited by sir.killalot; April 11, 2009 at 09:50 AM.

yea i think that those orders would add a great deal of realism and fun to the battle scene

Default Reduction to Clamor for Reform mod?

Hi, I've seen a few posts on forums on the internet about a mod being available that either reduces or eliminates Clamor for Reform. I cannot find anything like that on the forum, am I missing something or is it floating around on here?

Default Re: Reduction to Clamor for Reform mod?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=248555

it was on this page, read next time

any1 have in mind make a special unit for spain "Santisima trinidad" ? the biggest battleship ever in this era

i miss her Y__Y

dom385's Avatar Senator

could someone make a mod that just makes highlanders recruitable for britain please ?

I miss hotseat

SepulchreUK's Avatar Miles

At this point in time and until more complete re-works of ETW have been modded I am simply looking for a Mod that gives me more playable factions, any other general improvements i.e (being able to give fully volley fire from behind a wall instead of the ridiculous sproadic fire I'm getting at the moment.)
    Wit is educated insolence ~ Aristole

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. ~ Churchill

That is the essential difference between Britain and the rest of the world. The French see a table and see a potential for dinner. The British see the potential to play wiff-waff. ~ Boris Johnson

Imperial Splendour is great and give the game what it needs to be the game we all was waiting for. Try it out, it is easy to install and remove. Play on VH-H or H-H if you want a real challenge thats lasts a long time into the game.
    I have played all TW games since MTW and thus have played hours and hours of both Vanilla games and Mods. Imperial Splendour is among the best mods I have played. And, it is still improving.