Page 20 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570120 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: shoulder back mods?

Dear Erasmus777 at first thanks for the nice mod,for sure your mode gives more realism to the troops than the napoleonic knapsacks that CA decided to use for empire.

i'm not a modder and i'm sure you must know much more about how modding empire than me,and i have to agree as you said what's realistic and what's possible - practical don't always correspond

kind regards.

Default Re: Protectorate Factions

ok, thanks

I'm more than certain there is a mod that addresses this issue, plus there is a small guide somewhere on here that shows you how to edit something in the Campaign folder so New Spain, New France and the Colonies don't automatically get annexed after a certain date.

Unforuntely these mods came out a several months ago and I don't remember where they might be located.

flannk's Avatar Civis

Imperial Splendour, to be found in the Hosted Modifications section, provides playable minor factions, I'm not sure though if it also enables the emergent factions to be playable. But anyway, the minor factions are only playable in a late campaign setting yet, due to the new patch. Currently they are working on the early campaign.

The mods that enabled the emergent factions are, as I believe, not working anymore thanks to the new patch. I am also waiting on a good USA mod that enables me to play the USA in a Great Campaign, instead of just from 1789 onwards in the Road to Independence. There are, however MANY Colonial Army units available in a thread in the Mod Threads section. So progress is really going well.

What I did wat just playing GB and making the US my sole and lifelong ally. Giving them my Thirteen Colonies area and then together conquering the world.

Default Re: Mod Recommendations Here

Hi all,

Currently 85% of the AI armies are composed of 1/8 stack to 1/2 stack armies. This is a bad thing mainly because full stack vs full stack battles are the most fun and demanding. I'm really tired of encountering small armies of maybe two militia units and a cannon, why doesn't the AI merge all those little armies they have in the same area into on big stack?

Is there a mod that makes the AI understand the concept of combining all those small armies they have into bigger stacks? 20 stack vs 20 stack is simply to rare in the vanilla campaign, and that takes away a lot of fun from the game.

sounds fun flannk, I did the emregent faction mod, didn't like it, I did minorfactionfow and liked it ok, but I really want to play as the 13 colonies under GB with the GB Colonial Flag and all. . .

Default Less rioting/happier population after occupation.

Hello, I'm just wondering if there's a mod that makes the population less angry after you occupied their city. I'm quite sick of this, I've got 4 cities all making over 4k, and I'm earning about 1000 of that per turn. The only thing I'm spending money on is increasing the city garrison, and even though I have atleast 10 troops in the city, they're all at "0" or less, with taxes on the first level. I've tried intentionally causing rebellions to teach them a lesson, but it doesn't help that much.

So I'd love it if there's a mod like this, and I'd really appreciate if someone could help me find one.

Oh and if there's none, I assume it's possible to edit this somewhere in the packfiles with say PFM, so if anyone knows and can point out which file I would need to edit that would be just as good.

Ok so I managed to fix part of the tax problem, I reduced the negative effects of increasing the tax levels, but now they're happier paying tax than not paying at all, as I couldn't find the one for removing taxes.
    Last edited by Sorkenlol; June 27, 2009 at 04:26 AM.

Cheshire Cat's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Less rioting/happier population after occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorkenlol View Post
    Hello, I'm just wondering if there's a mod that makes the population less angry after you occupied their city. I'm quite sick of this, I've got 4 cities all making over 4k, and I'm earning about 1000 of that per turn. The only thing I'm spending money on is increasing the city garrison, and even though I have atleast 10 troops in the city, they're all at "0" or less, with taxes on the first level. I've tried intentionally causing rebellions to teach them a lesson, but it doesn't help that much.

So I'd love it if there's a mod like this, and I'd really appreciate if someone could help me find one.

Oh and if there's none, I assume it's possible to edit this somewhere in the packfiles with say PFM, so if anyone knows and can point out which file I would need to edit that would be just as good.

Ok so I managed to fix part of the tax problem, I reduced the negative effects of increasing the tax levels, but now they're happier paying tax than not paying at all, as I couldn't find the one for removing taxes.
    What diffcultly lvl are you playing on?, if its above Normal it will be harder to keep order in your citys , to counter this ethier mod the files yourself with PFM in tools section (very easy to us) or play on normal or below .

Ack sorry need my glasses on misread your post . ok 2 ways you could do it that works for me .

1/ Give policing bonus to your milita or line inf in Units_tables .
    2/ Give better repression bonus to your buildings in the Building_effects tables

Hope this helps sorry for first answer i thought you were complete newcomer but your not my bad..
    Last edited by Cheshire Cat; June 27, 2009 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Misread of post

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    What diffcultly lvl are you playing on?, if its above Normal it will be harder to keep order in your citys , to counter this ethier mod the files yourself with PFM in tools section (very easy to us) or play on normal or below .
    Hey. I'm playing on Hard - Hard with Darthmod 2.0 (or 2.1?), probably a bad choice as I normally enjoy the easy way. I can't really restart the campaign, as I'm having loads of fun. I have the PFM and I'm quite familiar with it, but there's alot of new things added to it that I've no idea what it's for, this is the first time I'm playing for 3-4 months.

Anyway, do you have any idea which files I need to look in? I've already tried "taxes_effects" but as I mentioned there was no section for the "Exempt region from tax" option, so basically if I edit that file, they'll be happier when I'm letting them pay taxes, and more pissed off when I exempt the region from taxes. This is what I want to change, the "Exempt region from tax" option, so that it makes them much less angrier compared to when they're actually paying.

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

But there's nothing as good as a little rebellion
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

OP check your ministers.

Most mods including my own increase unrest, so trust me vanilla unrest is very easy to handle.

I play IS mod on h/h and I'm afraid rebellions are a way of life.Even Napoleon couldn't deal with them.I just build religious buildings,brothels and increase the garrison in the worst places.But I'm sure you know all that.

Default Re: Kneeling Mod

Here's updated version of my mod...it's highly compatible with other mods(updated tighter formations mod,IS mod,...)

Sorry,but version 3.0 is causing CDT in campaign mode...USE version 3.1,it should be OK...Sorry again...
    Last edited by Oby; June 28, 2009 at 04:20 PM.

HerrPete's Avatar Foederatus

Default Stern Damage

I have ntoiced that the Sterns of ships take visible damage! any mods been made which show whole etc in the stern?

Thanks

Peter

Default Re: Stern Damage

you have seen stern? damage because i have not just the sides and bow i have seen take damage

Wrong place to put this guys, Although you are right.

It is not very noticable, Only cracked and damaged glass, not the big gap that you would expect if you really did recieve a broadside through it!

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

HerrPete's Avatar Foederatus

sorry! i meant it does not! lol
    Was joping for any mods that shows more visible damange!

I am afraid that it does, but you have to look closely.

Damage is determined by the models, not the textures, hence it cannot be changed unless tools are brought out.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

Laetus

Icon1

Can anyone tell me how I can play as Ireland ?

?
    Last edited by Ishan; October 30, 2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Double Post