Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Where to get colour-change mod for unitcards in

Here. I also recommend this. Enjoy!

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Thanks HusserlTW,but the 1st one also makes other changes,i only want the unitcards colourchange,any way to do that?

Sorry, it has been some time I did it for myself and I forgot the procedure. Download this file and just place it in your data folder. It is only for the unit card color hud which you need.

Default Re: Mod Recommendations Here

While all pack files are loaded in the order stated above, I'm almost certain that Occer was right initially - the mod files are loaded in the order they are in the user.empire_script, with the ones at the bottom overwriting any conflicting mods above them, as they are loaded last.
    I think the date loaded order only applies to patch packs, but this is all from my own experience, so I could easily be wrong.

Anyway, as there are a few out there, what music mods do people recommend?

Libertus

Idea for mod,

Natives? not be so regimented, But more like barberians in rome tw.

Flags? British carried flags known as Colours the First, or "King's Colour", and the Second, or Regimental Colours. The First had the Union Flag The Second was in the colour of the regiment flag with a small Union Flag in the corner. Would Be good eye candy?
    And new drum sounds no fieth.
    Loads of flag ideas hear http://www.warflag.com/flags/select.shtml Also differnt factions flags.

Also the ability if you capture a enamy port, This gives you a invisable land bridge so your general can recrute units over seas, But if you loose the port you loose your land bridge?
    Last edited by Daz720; April 05, 2009 at 11:18 AM.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

I would like to request a slew of mini-mods. Each mod only changing one aspect of the game. The blood and smoke mod for example, also the fief and drum ones, etc.

This way, players can create their own modded game to play the way they want, with mini-mods-a-la-cart instead of having to settle for the granddaddy mods like Darth and others.

Some of these may have been done already or are in the process but my ideas for mini mod ideas could be:

1. Modded ai behavior (only)
    2. Modded weapon ranges (only)
    3. Modded start dates (only)
    4. Modded turns per year (only)
    5. Modded campaign map movement
    6. Modded unit sizes (only)
    etc.

You get my drift. I know some will say that these things are easy to do yourself but you have to remember that there are those (like me) that are not as computer savvy and need to leave modding to those that know how.

*NOTE: before anyone says it: yes, I did see the sticky list of released mods. My point is I wish there were ALOT more options than what is currently posted there. My ideas above were just to give an idea as to my thinking. Mini-mods that cover the whole gambit from unit sizes to naval speeds all just focusing on single aspects so we can play mix-match with them. Yes, I know I suck for not being able to do this stuff myself. I promise it is not out of laziness. :-P
    Last edited by Hazbones; April 05, 2009 at 12:05 AM.

I want
    1. more unique units for every faction including non playable because I've unlocked those and so has everyone
    2. better color and unit designs for every faction
    3. harder campaigns
    4, more different types of buildings and specialized towns

I would love to be able to DL unit packs or single created units, i.e. not have to DL a full faction overhaul mod necessarily..

With a mod manager it gives you the wonderful option of making your own compilation..

How about (if possible) the abilty to add dirt to the uniforms of soliers during battle and for this dirt to stay present until they have garrisoned within a settlement.. AND this may be far fetched but does anyone think it possible to have the option of removing a random amount of hats from a regiment after battle as if they lost them in the previous battle and therefore starting the next battle covered in dirt with the odd soldier hatless, again until the unit has garrisoned where they spruce themselves up..

I think this along with not being able to replenish your armies overseas (like India especially) would add a great deal more realism to following your armies about.. much more character to a 3 times victorious ragged band of men trying to return home whiles you have to consider sending reinforcements to replace them in your new colony..

Oh.. and I know this has already been said time and time again, and I know its been said that its hard coded, But the Naval invasion malarky should really be top priority for CA or any geniuses out there..

And even with Darth's mod the AI is about as poor as it gets for any game.. there is a sever lack of intelligence when it comes to nearly all of the AI's moves and not much of a challenge no matter what difficulty you play it on, so a complete overhaul of the AI would be the best one..

My recommendation:

Can someone please make a 19th century style army unit (with proper skins and such)?

I am looking for: Really fast reload times (not muskets, but a gun like the Springfield).

This way, once a player gets late enough in the game, he/she will have an uber unit worth being called uber.
    KEEP IT MEAN

Libertus

My mod recommendation.

Australia/Aboriginal conquering mod

there was a cannon mod somewhere but i think the explotions should be a little bigger. more impresive if its possible. thx

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

@dictator, our mod is doing a re-skinning of every European faction

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

"Empire Total Realism".

Re-vamped AOR system of recruitment
    Realistic troop recruitment based on historically correct population and technologies: i.e. no Vauban-Style forts,cannon, gunmaking and Cavalry for American Indians.
    TOTALLY revamped diplomatic model.
    Add log palisade forts (baffles me that it isn't in already)
    Realistic gunnery/musketry
    Navies realistically representing the various nations' naval characteristics
    Many other fixes I can't think of at the moment.

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

the mod also includes a brand new AOR

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

How about a mod that remakes Rome TW.. The new addition to empire would make it great. Like the tech system and all that. Just an idea.

I would love to see a mod made that is in the way past with melee combat.
    .:The Slav:.

Great Mods:: SPQR and XGM/XGMD

The Slav has just been granted the "Most off-topic Evah Award" Congratulations!
    -Wundai

real_batavian's Avatar Laetus

i thought this thread was for people who would like to ask for recommendations about which released mods to install?, because I think recommendations or ideas about future mods can be proposed in the wips and ideas subforum? CMIIW

anyway, I'd primarily recommend these mods:

darthMod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1126) / Imperial Splendour (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244013)
    Smoke, Blood, and Sound Mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237457)
    Tighter Formations mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239280)
    pipMod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237616)
    Period Music mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240727)
    New Officers mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=243253)
    Better Firing Arc mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239299)

and with units retexturing mods you personally like/prefer. Go here for its database http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240661

I will like to see a ship configuration interface which brings the posibility of change guns configurations and crew loads even change the commander or promote the best to admirals of fleet, something similar to Patrician III has.

Swiwel-guns or perriers, falcons,falconets mod, with those ship hut mounted guns would be nice.

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

How about a mod tool that changes recuit and build times, like the turn editor?

What I thought up of after my first world domination with United Provinces by 1768 on Hard/VeryHard -- muhahahaha

Naval Port Battles
    -- If enemy occupy port with friendly ships and supporting troops invading (visa-versa) = Port Battle
    Why - I want men pouring from ship(s) with cannon(s!) supporting against defending troops to mark my invasion. Or just let me open up with my ships! Because I want to know how 200 Indians booted out my 4x98 gun ships from a port?...anyone..?

But - This would require ships and men to be in the same battle
    Officer Sticky (?) -- let me keep a little sticky link at the top of my window that quickly jumps between my "starred" officers and maybe cities (that I do most recruiting from) -- from SOASE

Trade Raid Battle -- For those auto resolvers out there -- make it so every once and awhile we get presented with a battle for raiding trade ship convoys. Since, like animals, we tend to survive in numbers and would group up ships before trying to pass raided routes.
    Most of the time it would be a auto resolve situation but sometimes they might have a war ship masked as a merchant waiting for you to pull up along side.

Side bonus - This would give an opportunity to show how much we are getting from raiding supply lines and maybe show us how other trade improved because of the higher demand. Also it would help prevent raids from occurring for long durations.
    Propagandist [spawned from Art Institute]-- A unit that inspires revolution. Send this guy into a town before you fight and have a chance that the government is overthrown when you launch your attack. Or that citizens and trained units turn to your side or are available for purchase (if mercs come back)

New Town Types! -- If you didn't guess from the "Art Institute" above, there needs to be more types of towns.

Refugees -- Using the same number that determines the city militia, you could make a proportional number of loyal civilians escape an invaded city to either be relocated or resettled as a new town.
    If I auto resolve an invasion or have no troops - no one escapes if the city is lost.

Fear from being ruled by different religion, government, economy...?
    Expansion of Power -- End game fun --
    Allow me to change my campaign mode once I get the victory screen so I can choose to continue or claim victory. This could be useful for making mini campaigns. Give a queue of goals that preceded each other or arise at certain conditions.

Also give me some kind of way to look back at what I have accomplished. Maybe a map of the world as I conquered it and stats of who got slaughtered in my campaign -- famous battles w/ stats!! -- using saved games?
    Famous Battles -- Where'd these markers go? Use monuments!

Population # for High/Low Class -- So I can see their numbers and maybe latter on I could tailor cities to higher/lower class people outside just taxing them differently.

I have more -- most are tweaks I see others working on and hope to see released through mods, patches and expansions.