Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104129144145146147148149150151152153154
Results 3,061 to 3,068 of 3068

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Welcome to TWC, LordDRAKKON!

If you're new to modding the first thing you'll need is a modding tool, suck as Pack File Manager. This allows you to open the game's .pack files, to create mod files, to import databases from them into your mod files, and to edit the databases you have imported.

The second thing you'll need is modding guides, you'll find them in the Empire Mod Workshop. You might also want to use Pack File Manager to look inside mods which change flags, to see if this shows you how this is done. (Unfortunately, I can't tell you how to edit flags. Some modders have done this, so obviously it's possible).

Good luck!

Default Re: Where to get colour-change mod for unitcards in

Hello. Sorry in advance if my English is not good, it is not my native language. I am writing to you for the following.

I have recently downloaded several mods for the empire: Wind of the east, Imperial Splendor and Hermanat total war. They are very good mods, however the smoke generated by the cannons and muskets is very dense and volumetric and takes a long time to dissipate

I have tried to patch files that reduce the smoke of other mods such as pirate uber alles, empire extended without results. Could you advise me on how I can modify this smoke?

Not only because of the FPS drop that my PC suffers, but also because it is terribly uncomfortable to watch the battle. I understand that it provides realism, however it compromises the playability

I understand from your work that you are more dedicated to Medieval 2 Total war. However, I do not underestimate that you may know about empire as well, since your work is very good as a modifier

Thanking all the help you can provide me, he says goodbye. Promethevs 17

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Welcome to TWC. It sounds like you will need to edit the file in the main mod (such as Imperial Splendour or Wind from the East) which you're using, because the game is using the smoke settings from the main mod, instead of the smoke-reducing mod files that you found. I suggest:

1. Download Pack File Manager (PFM)

2. Use PFM to look at the file of one of the smoke mods you found, such as the Empire Extended one

3. Make a note of the database table(s) which the smoke mods edit

4. Use PFM to look at the files of the mod you're using (such as Imperial Splendour), to find a mod file containing the same database table(s)

5. Keep an unedited copy of that mod file (in a different folder, as a back-up copy)

6. Edt another copy of tgat mod file, using the same settings as the smoke mod. (Do not edit a file called main.pack, patch1.pack, patch2.pack, patch3.pack, patch4.pack or patch5.pack - they are the game files, not mod files).

Alternatively, if you're using Imperial Splendour, you could download PikeStance's More Smoke mod, and use Pack File Manager to edit the mod until you get less smoke, not more.
    Last edited by Alwyn; February 05, 2023 at 01:48 AM.

Default Larger/distinguishable cities

Hello everyone, this is my first post, Thanks in advance.

Im am looking for a mod that makes my cites more bigger or more distinguishable, I have a hard time paying attention so I'm looking for a mod that allows me to visualize MY cities in a better way, no matter if it's with a green square around them, make them bigger or something like that. thanks everyone again (Compatible with darthmod if it possible)

How can I change faction's languange (example: british speaks french) in DarthMod? I can't find the .pack to edit it.

Default Re: Larger/distinguishable cities

Quote Originally Posted by nwmv View Post
    Hello everyone, this is my first post, Thanks in advance.

Im am looking for a mod that makes my cites more bigger or more distinguishable, I have a hard time paying attention so I'm looking for a mod that allows me to visualize MY cities in a better way, no matter if it's with a green square around them, make them bigger or something like that. thanks everyone again (Compatible with darthmod if it possible)
    I don't think this is possible. i supposed you can change the model, but i believe it will have to fit within a define space that cannot be changed.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I've seen intermittent reports on Empire mods (and possibly Napoleon?) having install issues after a somewhat recent game update. Is this true? If so is there a workaround? Might merit an announcement in the section(s) if so.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: is there any small custom campaigns for just the british isles or europe for empire total war?

Im looking for something with nighttime pirate attacks. Into the harbor and then the harbor town.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers