Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53103128143144145146147148149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3067

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Miltonr87's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Road to Independence - 12 Turn Per Year

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    A few days ago I started a new campaign in ETW and this time I use ETF (I always use it) and Alwyn's mini diplomancy mod, but despite that I can barely play the game with only 2 turns per year.

So, I wonder if a mod exist for that purpose, if not then see this as a request.

I think 12 turns per year is balanced and that makes the Road to Independence scenario, especially the third chapter, more appealing to play.
    I think 12 shifts are a huge exaggeration. It will get very easy with time when you take three or four territories. I edited all my Road to Independence campaigns for four shifts (as if it were four seasons). Playing two turns is very difficult and I agree with you,
    but I would not recommend 12. You can edit shifts easily with the ESF Editor by opening the Startpos file.

Default Vanilla Late Campaign Mod?

After you complete Road to Independence you can play as US in the late campaign. I want to play that campaign with other major factions. And I only want the vanilla campaign, nothing more, no additional units etc. Is there any?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Vanilla Late Campaign Mod?

You can do that in Empire Total Factions (ETF).
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Which mods improve the gameplay?

I'm looking for mods that just improve the gameplay such as diplomatics, AI behaviour and battle mechanics. I have more than enough unit packs so I am not looking for an overhaul mod such as Darthmod, I'm rather looking for small mods.

Thank you in advance.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Which mods improve the gameplay?

If you're looking for more reasonable AI behaviour in diplomacy, you could try More Reasonable Diplomacy or Diplomacy almost competely fixed.

For a mini-mod offering better AI behaviour, I suggest Bran's Empire Campaign AI (if you try this, I suggest the version which focuses on reducing the risk of the Ottoman turn bug). Alternatively, you couild try the one which only affects Battle AI.

If sieges cause lag or are repetitive (because you can win them almost every time by making a breach and bringing up your cannon to fire canister shot at the defenders inside the breach), I suggest Shokh Hates Sieges, which prevents factions from fortifying cities.

If you find that the AI deploys their cannon in fixed positions with a narrow arc of fire, so winning battles is too easy because you simply walk your army out of their firing arc, I suggest Removed Gabionades.

If you feel that artillery ships are overpowered or unrealistic when they fire artillery against moving targets in sea battles (as opposed to firing at forts), there's a mod to remove them (or you can nerf them).
    Last edited by Alwyn; May 12, 2020 at 12:11 PM.

FERRDO's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Thanks for the mod recommendations, Alwyn! I've been recently getting back into a campaign with Empire lately.

I've got a question, did anyone ever mod out the text cycling that occurs when you are trying to read trait information for your Generals and Ministers? I find this incredibly annoying as the flavor text is all part of the fun, and you have to leave the pointer hovered there for way too long in case you miss something.

It's interesting because the text popups over the "Followers" section appear fully-expanded already, but the other traits do not.

Are there any mods that get rid of single unit raiding of territories? Maybe a recruitment overhaul that resembles newer total war games?

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Thank you Alwyn, those mods are what I was looking for. I have a quick question: "More Reasonable Diplomacy" mod will stop making the AI spreading tons of 1 stack units? Is there any mod preventing this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Incendio View Post
    I have a quick question: "More Reasonable Diplomacy" mod will stop making the AI spreading tons of 1 stack units? Is there any mod preventing this issue?
    Scratch that... I just read Alwyn's post and he had already answered your question.
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 24, 2020 at 01:55 PM.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Default Imperial Destroyer mod - mod keeps crashing far into the late game

I started a late game (which starts in 1783) as Punjab. Because it takes FOREVER to make a conquered city happy, I am in 1821 (4 turns per year) and have just conquered all of the Indian theatre except for Ceylon, Goa, Sindh, and Afghanistan. But when I click esc to exit the game, save, or reload a previous save, the game freezes up and crashes after a minute. That save (turn 164I think) is corrupted so I go to previous saves. I saved every turn so I try loading every turn and the last non-corrupt save is turn 150 or 151. I try again, and once again when I reach 1821 the same thing happens.

So here's my thought: Is Imperial Destroyer or ETW as a whole not able to handle a campaign of so many turns? Is the mod or the game just not designed to go past 1821? Is playing as Punjab (not a vanilla faction and not even an existing starting faction in vanilla) messing with the game?

I know this mod isn't as popular as Darthmod (although even now I still think this mod is 100x better than Darthmod in every conceivable way), but if you've played the mod fair amount, perhaps you may know how figure out what's going on with my game crashing.

I was really wanting to paint the whole map as this faction. Ignoring Afghanistan (and Sindh) and Portuguese Goa, as both are my allies, I was going to take Ceylon then invade the Americas next. It would be a huge disappointment if I can't do that now.

I started playing ETW about 2.5 weeks ago with Darthmod i enjoyed it so much then i really liked the BAI and firing animations and mechanism in ID so i switched but i'm hating it campaign is really bad it removes more than it adds other than the battles it's really not enjoyable so i'm in a decision do i go back to Darthmod or try Empire realism + any good CAI improvement mod i've heard good things about it, or maybe try an amazing combination of mods what do you recommend ??

Default Re: Imperial Destroyer mod - mod keeps crashing far into the late game

I started playing ETW about 2.5 weeks ago with Darthmod i enjoyed it so much then i really liked the BAI and firing animations and mechanism in ID so i switched but i'm hating it campaign is really bad it removes more than it adds other than the battles it's really not enjoyable so i'm in a decision do i go back to Darthmod or try Empire realism + any good CAI improvement mod i've heard good things about it, or maybe try an amazing combination of mods what do you recommend ??

Is there a mod that adds units for Persia, Afghanistan, and the Mughals that's compatible with vanilla (I'm using ETF)? I came across one here but the vanilla link was dead and only the Darthmod one worked.

Unfortunately, many of the independent skinners and modelers have become inactive over the years and their links have since become broken.
    Alternatively, you can learn how to mod. As long as you use the skins/ units for your own personal use, you can add them to your game. You will have to see the permission to see whether or not you can release it for vanilla.
    Moddding may seem intimidating at first, but once you understand the basics, it is quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BabylonBlitz View Post
    Is there a mod that adds units for Persia, Afghanistan, and the Mughals that's compatible with vanilla (I'm using ETF)? I came across one here but the vanilla link was dead and only the Darthmod one worked.
    Yes. There is Strum und Drang 2, but unfortunately the link is dead and I am gonna to re-upload that mod since I have permission from HusserlTW to mirror his mods.

EDIT: Mod uploaded on TWC Download (I included the mod fix in the main archive). Can a moderator please add the new link to the OP?
    Last edited by Leonardo; February 20, 2021 at 01:42 PM. Reason: New link added.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Moddding may seem intimidating at first, but once you understand the basics, it is quite easy.
    Yeah, until you forgot how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BabylonBlitz View Post
    In case you havenīt found it already - thereīs "Wind from the East", which quite recently has evolved into a somewhat large and promising general overhaul, but focussing on eastern factions, including new units. Donīt know about Persia and Afghanistan, but thereīs several eastern factions which have been fleshed out, including Mughals. Itīs still being further developed, and maybe you can make a request in their subforum?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...es-amp-Credits

Hello friends,
    as I got older and new responsibilities came along, I rarely had time for PC games. I haven't played Empire: TW for about 9 years. At that time I had installed the DarthMod and found it very good, apart from some crashes. Now i wanted to start a new round in E:TW.
    The mass of information here in the forums is overwhelming if you have not been online for a while and read along.
    Can you briefly and succinctly recommend a mod that generally makes the game more extensive and expands the content, but does not change the (time) setting?
    I seem to remember that the DarthMod was already not updated anymore back then.

Big thanks and greetings

Hello everyone,
    I'm looking to swap the socket bayonet model with the ring bayonet model as seen in this old mod (mediafire link is long dead).

I've been tinkering with ETW for a few years now using PFM, but I cannot for the life of me find a way to change the equipment without breaking something. Any help/suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Default Re: Where to get colour-change mod for unitcards in

I have a question for everyone. I am new to mod and would like to edit flags in Empire total war, how do I start and what are the steps that I need to take?