Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default any good mods out there

is there any good mods for empire i could try that dont change vanilla files so if mod goes wrong wont stop vanilla game from running thanks

Rebelyell's Avatar Biarchus
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
    -T.E. Lawrence

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: any good mods out there

Thanks but are they mod foldered?

?

The one I posted doesn't overwrite any files. it just moves them when you play, and when you want to play, it restores the folders.

does this mod have a normal grand campaign like in vanilla i was gonna try empires of destiny but think that will overite my files and people have been getting CTD's

=Prince Nuada='s Avatar Semisalis

IS2!

РОССИЯ | PREUßEN | ÖSTERREICH

Thanks I try to understand the installation process but hopefully I do it right but if I want to uninstall it how do I do that just delete the files and which ones

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

DMUC is commonly considered the best Empire mod.

Probably my favorite mod is the removal of platoon fire.

Ok I look into it more before I download the mods plus I still play multiplayer campaign so I may stick with vanilla. It try to unlock the unplayable factions but not try using emergent ones

I must be psychic i predicted Nuanda would go with IS2 what could have made me think of that Go with Dmuc for 2 reasons 1 it is the best 2 it would annoy nuanda like me misspelling his name

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskill View Post
    I must be psychic i predicted Nuanda would go with IS2 what could have made me think of that Go with Dmuc for 2 reasons 1 it is the best 2 it would annoy nuanda like me misspelling his name
    Again with the semantics.
    I really don't care if you mis-spell my name, it just makes you look stupid.

Honestly, go with what ever mod you feel suits your play style.
    DMUC is a good mod, it is a pretty big over-haul, whereas IS2 is perhaps less so.

Ok I might get a mod I may not as I still use vanilla to play online still and it's abit hard to understand the instructions on installation sometimes

I understand that IS2 is considered a more appropriate mod for beginners and those who haven't played a lot of actual campaigns, but can already tell that they need a little something more than vanilla to tame the beasts of their illicit lustful desires for velvety, sensual CONQUEST.

er... that may have gotten away on me a bit...

But IS2 is good for getting your feet wet and might be enough for a good while. ETW isn't exactly an ADD type of game. People do tend to put some serious hours into it, so it's no cryin' shame if someone wants to spend 6 months or a year with one mod before moving to another. Or switch back. Or whatever. Just so long as there's delicious creamy, velvety.... well I think I can stop there...

please disregard this

Quote Originally Posted by =Prince Nuada= View Post
    Again with the semantics.
    I really don't care if you mis-spell my name, it just makes you look stupid.

Honestly, go with what ever mod you feel suits your play style.
    DMUC is a good mod, it is a pretty big over-haul, whereas IS2 is perhaps less so.
    It isn't in the dictionary and also more can be found if you look enough

Default Re: ETW Mods Recommendations & Queries Here

Quote Originally Posted by =Prince Nuada= View Post

It was a small but very satisfying skirmish and more fun than a large battle.

I too am a fan of small battle like the one you described. All this talk of the glory of IS2 makes me want to try it. Perhaps after I conquer the globe under the Moroccan flag, I will try to retake North America as the Plains Nations. In IS2 are the Native American units overhauled aswell, and are they able to build ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Hantscher View Post
    I too am a fan of small battle like the one you described. All this talk of the glory of IS2 makes me want to try it. Perhaps after I conquer the globe under the Moroccan flag, I will try to retake North America as the Plains Nations. In IS2 are the Native American units overhauled aswell, and are they able to build ships?
    You won't be disappointed.
    The Native Americans have changed, more for the better!
    Each native faction is now stronger and unique.
    Bear in mind that you still can't play the Native Americans without the Warpath patch.
    Native Anericans still do not have ships (it is safe to assume that canoes are no match for 6th Rate Frigates!!).

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

Nuada have we any idea when IS2 will be completed?