Page 150 of 154 FirstFirst ... 50100125140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3067

Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Minor nations mod

Quote Originally Posted by MKnudsen View Post
    Do anyone have a start.pos, so I would be able to play as the minor nations, such as Denmark?
    I found the start.pos many years ago. But I can't find it anymore.
    I hope some of you could help me out

/Martin
    Do you mean this mod?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-09-12-2009)

If so then I'm afraid it won't help you to play ETF.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    No, the OP cannot play Denmark in ETF, but can play Norway.

I think I found the mod the OP was looking for.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    No, the OP cannot play Denmark in ETF, but can play Norway.
    Are you sure? I have played Denmark using Empire Total Factions.

You're right that Norway is playable with Empire Total Factions. I agree that using the All Factions Unlocked startpos won't help someone to play Empire Total Factions; ETF includes its own startpos files.

Of course, you're also correct that the All Factions Unlocked startpos enables people to play Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Are you sure? I have played Denmark using Empire Total Factions.
    Yes, I am sure. One only need to take a look at the pictures in the ETF thread to realize that playing Denmark is out of question.

If you have then maybe you were using another mod.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

If you like playing minor nations with relatively unchanged game-play, then Empire Total Factions, which Quintus recommended, is a good choice. It changes the appearance of the mini-campaign map and allows factions to recruit 5th Rates from trade ports - which gives minor factions a chance to avoid having your main trade port blockaded by a major faction. It allows you to play emergent factions as well as minor factions and there are some AI improvements. Apart from those changes, it's the vanilla game.

You asked for a simple file, to put in place of the original. It sounds like what you are looking for is All Factions Unlocked. The download link in the OP disappeared, but you can download several versions of the mod from this post.

And where do I put the file? So it would work?.
    Sorry - I'm not that good at computers. Just love to play Empire total war .

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Then I don't know where it can be... Sorry I can't help you

It's okay .

If you like playing minor nations with relatively unchanged game-play, then Empire Total Factions, which Quintus recommended, is a good choice. It changes the appearance of the mini-campaign map and allows factions to recruit 5th Rates from trade ports - which gives minor factions a chance to avoid having your main trade port blockaded by a major faction. It allows you to play emergent factions as well as minor factions and there are some AI improvements. Apart from those changes, it's the vanilla game.

You asked for a simple file, to put in place of the original. It sounds like what you are looking for is All Factions Unlocked. The download link in the OP disappeared, but you can download several versions of the mod from this post.

And where do I put the file after download?
    Sorry, I'm not that good at computers. I just love to play empire total war .
    Last edited by Frunk; February 05, 2018 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

It goes in data>campaign>main, alongside a 'scripting.lua' file
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Yes, I am sure. One only need to take a look at the pictures in the ETF thread to realize that playing Denmark is out of question.

Looking at the pictures in the ETF thread is one way to test this. Another way is to start Empire Total Factions, select 'Early Campaign' and then to see whether you can select Denmark. You can see the answer below:-

Quote Originally Posted by MKnudsen View Post
    And where do I put the file after download?
    Sorry, I'm not that good at computers. I just love to play empire total war .
    Thanks to Aexodus for providing instructions. (I also provided instructions on how to install the startpos in this post, which I linked to.)

Hello all, I got Empire in the Christmas sale and played for the first time today. I don't want to go all out on modding until I've gotten used to the base game's mechanics and gotten a feel for what I like and dislike about vanilla, but I noticed there is no mod manager / launcher for this game like Rome 2/ Shogun 2, so how do I get some basic quality of life improvement mods like extended camera? What mod manager do I use and where can I find some of the basic must have mods (ie camera)? Thanks!
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Jay the Byzantine View Post
    Hello all, I got Empire in the Christmas sale and played for the first time today. I don't want to go all out on modding until I've gotten used to the base game's mechanics and gotten a feel for what I like and dislike about vanilla, but I noticed there is no mod manager / launcher for this game like Rome 2/ Shogun 2, so how do I get some basic quality of life improvement mods like extended camera? What mod manager do I use and where can I find some of the basic must have mods (ie camera)? Thanks!
    Hey Jay, there is a mod manager out there. I use this one:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...download-link)

Otherwise, have a look at Darthmod also, and that's a simple .exe installer. Darthmod will make your game so much more enjoyable, after using it once I don't think I could ever go back to the vanilla game.

Thanks a lot Izsx!
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Jay the Byzantine View Post
    You asked about a mod manager. I use mods a lot with Empire but have never successfully used a mod manager. There are three ways to activate mods for Empire:
    - Using a mod manager (if you can make this work)
    - Using a user script file (some mods such as Imperial Splendour do this - you can find instructions on the Imperial Splendour page in Hosted Mods)
    - By classifying the mod file as a 'movie', which causes it to work automatically when placed in your data folder (no need for a mod manager or user script file) or, for startpos.esf files, in the appropriate campaign folder (each mod should have instructions telling you where to put its files)

You asked where to find basic must have mods. For me, when I want to play a vanilla-style game, the basic must have mods are:-

- All Factions Unlocked
    Why? Because playing as minor factions is fun and challenging. It's sometimes impossible or too difficult because of their limited unit roster. A mod such as Swiss Halberdier's impressive Additional Units Mod or the Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack can help with that. This mod only unlocks minor factions which exist on the campaign map at the start (such as Georgia and Denmark). It does not unlock emergent factions (which can appear during the campaign if there is a rebellion in their home region) such as the United States and Ireland. If you also want to play as emergent factions, then I recommend Empire Total Factions (available from the StartPos Mods areas of the Hosted Mods forum)

- Camera
    Why? So that you can zoom in (and out) further, which is useful for planning tactics and taking great screenshots (which can be useful for graphics competitions in the Artists' Studio and for writing After Action Reports in the Writers' Study).

- Shokh Hates Sieges
    Why? Because I find sieges repetitive and (on siege maps in India) there is severe lag when the walls are breaches. This mod prevents factions from fortifying cities. It does not remove the fortifications which exist in some cities when the campaign begins, so you will occasionally have a fort battle.

- Bran's Empire Battle AI
    Why? Because battles are less fun when because the AI sends its cavalry charging our line infantry from the front, or similar bad moves. No mod can completely remove bad decisions by the AI, but this mod makes battles more challenging and enjoyable in my experience. Units are more likely to return after routing, for example I have seen enemy infantry units return from a rout, to reform a line (I imagined a brave officer rallying his men, to provide a rearguard for his retreating, defeated army).

- Removed Gabionades
    Why? Because when the AI used gabionades, their cannon have a restricted field of fire, so battles involve a repetitive process of moving your army out of their firing arc and attacking.

- Removed Bomb Ketches, Rocket Ships and Steamships
    Why? Because I see these units as overpowered and believe that their use in 18th century sea battles is unhistorical. If rocket ships could have been used historically as they can be used here, then Lord Nelson's two-column attack at the Battle of Trafalgar would have been a terrible decision - a small group of rocket ships could have set the lead ships on fire, then the ships behind them, then the ships behind them and so on.

- Weather
    Why? Because when torrential rain happens, I can't see my units. One version of this mod prevents torrential rain (another version prevents all rain).
    Last edited by Alwyn; February 17, 2018 at 03:11 AM.

Looking at the pictures in the ETF thread is one way to test this. Another way is to start Empire Total Factions, select 'Early Campaign' and then to see whether you can select Denmark. You can see the answer below:-

Thanks to Aexodus for providing instructions. (I also provided instructions on how to install the startpos in this post, which I linked to.)
    Well at first I thought about to stand corrected and you were correct, but after I check it myself I got this. Which is why I mention the possibility of using another mod along with ETF.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180217122416_1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	349.1 KB 
ID:	350894

No, I wasn't using another mod which would have any effect on this. As you can see from my screenshot above, I was using Empire Total Factions. As you may well know, which factions are playable depends on the startpos.esf file. I was using the startpos which ETF loads automatically when I select 'Early Campaign' from the ETF launcher.

The pictures in the ETF thread (which you mentioned) show the options which we can select on the ETF launcher, including 'Early Campaign'. - so the pictures which you mentioned do not rule out playing Denmark using ETF. Denmark is playable using Empire Total Factions.

The only difference seems to be that my faction selection screen includes a faction description for Denmark, while yours doesn't. On the ETF launcher, which option did you select - 'Early Campaign', 'Vae Victus', or something else (if so, what)?
    Last edited by Alwyn; February 17, 2018 at 06:21 AM.

Only Early Campaign without touching Vae Victus and ETF has been like that since the day I started my first campaign in ETF. Both with other mods and without other mods.

Then it sounds like we are using different versions of ETF. The picture you posted says 'Not playable' in the 'Nation Description' box - it would be totally understandable if you believed that this means that you can't play Denmark. However, that is simply the faction description text from the localisation file. The faction description text does not determine whether a faction is playable (in my experience of startpos modding), it is simply information provided to players on the faction selection screen. In a similar way, it would be possible to edit the unit description (which also comes from the localisation file) for Line Infantry to say 'Not recruitable', but Line Infantry would still be recruitable.

What normally determines whether a faction is playable is whether it appears in the faction selection screen - and Denmark clearly appears in your faction selection screen, as shown in your screenshot. The only thing missing is a faction description for Denmark. I wonder what happens if you select Denmark (as you did, to take your screenshot above) and select 'Start Game'.
    Last edited by Alwyn; February 18, 2018 at 02:53 AM.

Then it sounds like we are using different versions of ETF. The picture you posted says 'Not playable' in the 'Nation Description' box - it would be totally understandable if you believed that this means that you can't play Denmark. However, that is simply the faction description text from the localisation file. The faction description text does not determine whether a faction is playable (in my experience of startpos modding), it is simply information provided to players on the faction selection screen. In a similar way, it would be possible to edit the unit description (which also comes from the localisation file) for Line Infantry to say 'Not recruitable', but Line Infantry would still be recruitable.

What normally determines whether a faction is playable is whether it appears in the faction selection screen - and Denmark clearly appears in your faction selection screen, as shown in your screenshot. The only thing missing is a faction description for Denmark. I wonder what happens if you select Denmark (as you did, to take your screenshot above) and select 'Start Game'.
    Maybe you are right after all and that about the description make sense too.

I use ETF 2.1 and I think that's the latest.

Default Is there any Mod which makes able to play with USA in Grand Campaign?

Hey guys,

Im looking for a Mod which enables you to play with USA in the Grand Campaign.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there any Mod which makes able to play with USA in Grand Campaign?

Darthmod Empire, Late campaign
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Default Re: Is there any Mod which makes able to play with USA in Grand Campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    Hey guys,

Im looking for a Mod which enables you to play with USA in the Grand Campaign.
    You can play as the United States (or the Thirteen Colonies, or both) in the Grand Campaign with any one of several mods such as Empire Total Factions, Sturm und Drang, The American Revolution, Early American Revolution, These United Colonies and (probably) others.

Some mods (such as DarthMod, which unlocks the Thirteen Colonies if I remember correctly and allows you to play the United States in the 'late' campaign, just as the vanilla game does) make a lot of changes to game-play. Some people enjoy those changes, others prefer a different approach. Some mods offer relatively unmodified game-play, such as Empire Total Factions.

You might want to add a unit pack, such as the Additional Units Mod (AUM) or the Minor and Emergent Factions Unit Pack. (If you take regions in Europe, then the US can recruit very few units there unless you have a unit pack.) I have enjoyed campaigns using Empire Total Factions with either the AUM or the Minor and Emergent Factions Unit Pack.

You can find these mods in the Empire Total War Hosted Mods area (for Empire Total Factions, Sturm und Drang and The American Revolution - some of these are in the StartPos Mods sub-forum of Hosted Mods) and the Modifications area (for the others).

Here are some links:-

Empire Total Factions

Sturm und Drang

The American Revolution

Early American Revolution

These United Colonies

Shokh's United States mod has a download link here

- Unit Packs (some mods above - Sturm und Drang and The American Revolution - include unit packs, so you would not need an additional unit pack. Early American Revolution includes an optional unit pack, but you could use one of the following packs instead):

Additional Unit Mod
    If you use the Additional Unit Mod, then you also need this mod so that unit names appear.

Minor and Emergent Factions Unit Pack

There is also a Regiments of the American Revolutionary War 1775-1783 mod, which looks impressive. (I believe that the current version only allows players to use the units in custom battles, not in the campaign, although a future version will allow us to use the units in the campaign.)

If you use a unit pack, I do not recommend using more than one in the same campaign (unless they only unlock a small number of units or unlock different types of units, such as a pack for land units and a pack for ships). Combining unit packs can cause a problem where we exceed the maximum number of units which can be recruited in a city. When that happens, the recruitment panel in that city goes blank - we cannot recruit units there.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Alwyn; February 20, 2018 at 02:22 AM.

BillyJohnson367's Avatar Laetus

Lol, just came to this thread and there seems to be an argument over whether or not Denmark is in Empire: Total Factions.

Um...it is. I've seen it in both Early and Late Campaign. Whoever is arguing that it isn't didn't play the game and is certainly a troll, lmao.