Thread: Darth Vadar - Cannons range

Default Darth Vadar - Cannons range

Looking at the latest darth mod 8.0 v39.....was browsing through the stats in BSM pack file.

Noticed that the effective canister range for 6lb to 32lb cannons are the same.....150.

In reality this would not be incorrect......the more powerful the cannon the further it goes.

a 6lb cannon would have less distance i.e. 120...9lb 125....12 lb 130...18 lb 140.....24 lb 150......32 lb 160....as an example.

in units stats land tables what is the base_density ?.....close formation spacing horizontal and vertical ?

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Darth Vadar - Cannons range

Yep me too, do not see why we should recruit a 24pounder cannon if it has the same range as a 6 one. In IS we decided to come back to a Vanilla like, with a difference between each cannon range. Think about it Darth.

IS Darth Vadar still alive or has Luke Skywalker got to him.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Or is he simply too busy to reply to everything...which is more likely to be true. Just because he has not replied does not mean he has not seen this.

the more powerful the cannon the further it goes.
    True for solid shot or shell but I wonder about the applicability to canister. Once the round is fired and the canister breaks apart the individual balls would rapidly lose speed. There is also the tactical doctrine to be considered where canister was used at ranges of less than 400 yards. One has to assume that somebody, somewhere, did a study on the effectiveness of canister at longer ranges.

Of course, gunners would fire their round of canister and then retire behind nearby infantry if they were smart. That never happens in the game.

I support this change too!

Powerful cannons do fire canister at a longer range....but not much....