Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: All Factions Unlocked + Playable Emergents in Grand Campaign

fritsje5's Avatar Civis

Default Re: All Factions Unlocked + Playable Emergents in Grand Campaign

OK so it isn't fixed yet? As I would love to be able to play the Knights of St. John, which is not an emergent faction. Isn't there a mod for just the minor nations (which hopefully doesn't crash)?

it crashed at 1702 ending the turn randomly and after some reading of factions it crashed is like the 6th turn

Hi,
    While playing as Cherookee Nation I experienced a crash in the turn leading to year 1708. It happened while the United Nations flag was displayed. On a side note I've tooken Florida from spain the turn before if I remember correctly so maybe it's a part of the problem I'll check it out by starting another campaign with them.

Also Louisiana crashed at year 1706 right after an english fleet attack a french trading route.
    Last edited by Ahoskova; April 20, 2009 at 04:00 PM.

Could have something to do with the game wanting to give the new world protectorates to the respective owners, then crashing when factions like Great Britain attempt to absorb land it thinks is owned by 13 Colonies but is instead owned by USA? Maybe if you disable the ability to absorb protectorates you could fix the problem.

Could have something to do with the game wanting to give the new world protectorates to the respective owners, then crashing when factions like Great Britain attempt to absorb land it thinks is owned by 13 Colonies but is instead owned by USA? Maybe if you disable the ability to absorb protectorates you could fix the problem.
    Where you responding to me ? If so could you point me how to do that ?

Hey Cipher. Great work on the mod man!

But as some of my fellow Mexican compatriots have pointed out, we can't really play for long without the game crashing. Say, a few turns and then bam, it crashes [for me at least] on United Provinces' turn, Spain's turn or just plain as soon as I hit 'end turn'.

I'd love you long time if you made Mexico perfectly playable!

@Ahoskova: Not to you specifically, but I think this could be a way to stop most of the CTD's. As for how you do it, I have no idea but there is a mod that does just that somewhere in the released mods. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it would overwrite this mod rather than working along side it.

technishn08's Avatar Decanus

Is there any way just to play the US campaign but be able to play another faction? It seems then it would be easier to fix these issues as most of the emergent factions would already be there.
    Is it not worthy of tears that, when the number of worlds is infinite, we have not yet become lords of a single one?-Alexander the Great

@technisho08: there is a late campaign mod available. If you are interested http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=late+campaign

Ya I have found that if you want to play as the US, just play the late campaign mod. From what I've found it's glitch and CTD free (unless you have problems like many other people on the support forums completely unrelated to the mod). You already have half your tech researched but if you don't mind that it's a great one to play as the US.

For me personally, the US campaign is so laggy that it is nearly unplayable. The time between turns is about 2 minutes greater than in the GC. That is why I am desperate for Cipher to fix the problem with CTD's. I want to make a proper American empire!

I couldn't even finish Road to Independance in vanilla game because it kept crashing at the loading screen right after the battle of Bunker Hill; so I couldn't even play as U.S. Anyway could the ctd for the present mod related to an event that affect the major factions (playables one on vanilla) that when playing as a minor faction the game try to put the effect of the event to the minor faction your playing thinking it's a major faction ?

I've been looking for someone to make it so we can play as all the factions. I just want this to be fixed, though I know it might take some time for him to figure it out.

And I would prefer to play as the US in the regular grand campaign, so that would be a major plus...

demis14's Avatar Miles

Cipher if you need any help on greece im willing to give u. I've made myself Greece playable at GC with victory conditions.

On the numerous crashes mentioned in this thread, i just comment that this mod has so many emergent factions being playable that its really impossible to find out the individual problems that cause the crashes and its really a challenge as there are AI entries that affect or crash the game, as the AI thinks it owns the emergent faction you control and i think this might cause crashes as well.

Also Cipher, have you edited the scripting.lua at all? because there might be a problem there that causes crashes, having to deal with colonies like New Spain, that now have lost regions to emergents. I believe the lines refering to handing over factions and setting missions for Britain, France and Spain should be removed because that might cause problem with New Spain. Also the fact that crashes happen at random turns, might be so because the script says that the colonies will be handed over to ther protectors BETWEEN turns 6 and 15...

P.S. Great work Cipher for starting such a tiring mod!

kudos with the insights of the possible causes demis so now cipher might be able to fix the mod

why rapidshare?
    im hate that's site
    it say im download now but i'm not!

Victory conditions:

Mexico:
    Take NM, TX and Mexico City. An expanded set of victory conditions could be to take over the rest of North America.

Gran Columbia:This is tricky since most of South America isn't featured.
    Take Guatemala, Mexico City, all the Carribean islands, or conquer all of New Spain's territories.

demis14's Avatar Miles

Use this tutorial to help you add/change victory conditions http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242398

for Greece i use:

Short Campaign: 15 total regions, including Greece, Morea, Rumelia, Anatolia (these surely) I also included Syria as it has the island of Cyprus and Bulgaria as the Balkans is an area that the Greeks have always wanted to dominate
    Long Campaign: 25 total regions, including Greece, Morea, Rumelia, Anatolia, Syria, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Serbia (the last 3 as for seeking dominance in the Balkans)
    Prestige Victory: 15 total regions, including Greece, Morea, Rumelia, Anatolia, Syria, Bulgaria (same as short campaign)
    World Domination: 40 total regions, including Greece, Morea, Rumelia (just these as they approximately represent the regions that have always been the main land of Greece)

Im curious to see if there is a way to set victory conditions like the previous TW series were you had "destroy faction" as objective, as in this case the Ottomans would be a suitable candidate (that's what was somewhat tried and failed anyway during the Greco-Turkish war in the 1920s)

P.S. Cipher if you want i could just give you my startpos.esf, see and copy the related entries

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by fritsje5 View Post
    OK so it isn't fixed yet? As I would love to be able to play the Knights of St. John, which is not an emergent faction. Isn't there a mod for just the minor nations (which hopefully doesn't crash)?
    I have played several campaigns with the Knights of St John. Just download the standard unlocked minor factions mod.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238469

Cipher*'s Avatar Libertus

thanks for the reply guys btw i might remove USA on the next release as its already playable after you finish the Road to Independence

Also on the next release I will try to reduce the bugs on the mod and will add victory conditions for each emergent faction. I might also add descriptions to the factions as at the moment the descriptions for most emergent factions is "Emergent" .

Cipher if you need any help on greece im willing to give u. I've made myself Greece playable at GC with victory conditions.

On the numerous crashes mentioned in this thread, i just comment that this mod has so many emergent factions being playable that its really impossible to find out the individual problems that cause the crashes and its really a challenge as there are AI entries that affect or crash the game, as the AI thinks it owns the emergent faction you control and i think this might cause crashes as well.

Also Cipher, have you edited the scripting.lua at all? because there might be a problem there that causes crashes, having to deal with colonies like New Spain, that now have lost regions to emergents. I believe the lines refering to handing over factions and setting missions for Britain, France and Spain should be removed because that might cause problem with New Spain. Also the fact that crashes happen at random turns, might be so because the script says that the colonies will be handed over to ther protectors BETWEEN turns 6 and 15...

P.S. Great work Cipher for starting such a tiring mod!
    That will be cool mate also the scripting.lua file is already edited as I used DeadlyBlowfish's Prectorate Fix
    Last edited by Cipher*; April 23, 2009 at 05:57 AM.