Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: suggestions for next release of stw thread.

Default Re: suggestions for next release of stw thread.

And then fullstacked cities so certain factions wont spread out too fast?
    Tried it, the AI just goes mad and everyone attacks the hell out of each other.

I wouldn’t expand the map more to the east, we will keep it as it is.

really thought I had them down on their knees because I took half of their regions (thats what I believed, and no, i didnt toggle_fow cuz I want to play the fair way). But according to their statistics, they really dont suffer at all. In contrary, their population is still growing even tho I exterminate every town I come across
    Its right you shouldn’t toggle FOW but if you do it just to see how massive persia is compared to vanilla eastern regions, then you would see that turkey is only a small part of their empire. By the time you conquered what you did, the Persians probably built up their eastern cities, soon they will start throwing stacks at you. In their later build they will have more heavy units, so I expect the ai is trying to get to that stage, so as to match the stronger greeks etc.

I'd say, cut off the nothern part of map and perhaps remove the Britons and maybe some other barbaric faction which are not really important.
    Yes but why are they less important? If you play as Rome then you will need to conquer Gaul etc. they also provide you with an alternative e.g. if you play as Aeolians, they have a colony in southern gaul. What other factions should we have?

Yes, make some hoplites AOR for other Greek factions. That's good! The idea behind it could be that if you play a Greek faction like Crete or Thessaly and you conquer all of Greece.....you have reunited it all and can now recruit all the specific hoplites in certain regions to your army.
    AOR units can only be built in their cities, once you start expanding they are quite useless. Although having said that, I suppose it will make things more interesting as you go.

Able to construct more public order buildings: Arena's, Colliseums, Theatre, statues?
    Reduce the 'distance from capital' limit so you can expand at far lying regions as well.
    If you leave a big army in the cities and build higher temples etc, then it should be ok, the idea is to stop people from going straight through the Persians before they get their stronger units. If you want more order you can change that in the EDB, but personally I wanted it to be difficult and take a long time to get public support.

---------

Just to let you know, Quetz loves his Brits He isn't going to take this suggestion easily.
    Hehe, no I am not, I actually plan to make more unique units for them, and upgrade the models and skins to hi res.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

non phalanx hopllite
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

non phalanx hopllite
    We have the swordsmen of course, but I presume you mean spearmen without the phalanx attribute like triarii. For me this is something of choice easily done by the player, unless you had something else in mind.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

look i know but the problem not that i cannot change my shelf the hoplites not just triarii.i just found the plalanx thing very INACCURATE (most inacurate is the roman and etruscan but greeks also(ahens and sparta) but if you intent this and you want its ok
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Oh I see you are talking about the underhand spears, yes it is true that the phalanx should use the overhand anims [which are already in the mod], but then the soldiers act independently and not as a phalanx should! The fact is that CA didn’t make a proper phalanx and there is little we can do about it, as the phalanx attribute is hardcoded.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Oh I see you are talking about the underhand spears, yes it is true that the phalanx should use the overhand anims [which are already in the mod], but then the soldiers act independently and not as a phalanx should! The fact is that CA didn’t make a proper phalanx and there is little we can do about it, as the phalanx attribute is hardcoded.
    so i cant change it?to be honest more accurate for men at lest would bea shield wall or eb hoplite thing.what files i need to changemaybe i can do it and upload it in case someone wants it this way
    Last edited by clone; February 11, 2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Robert E. Howard

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Default Custom Battle Pricing issues

I did not read all the post on this thread so please forgive me if this has been brought up.

I only use mods for custom battles and at first glance this mod does have a lot of potential.

There are some pricing issues with individual units if this has not been brought to your attention.

Is it possible to get it sorted out before the next patch?
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

No one has mentioned pricing, what would you suggest? As for custom battles, I find them boring and impersonal, so I haven’t bothered with them at all, in fact some of the maps wont even play. The pricing is largely to balance factions on the campaign map, so the romans cost a lot more because otherwise the faction will destroy factions with non phalanx units in seconds.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    No one has mentioned pricing, what would you suggest? As for custom battles, I find them boring and impersonal, so I haven’t bothered with them at all, in fact some of the maps wont even play. The pricing is largely to balance factions on the campaign map, so the romans cost a lot more because otherwise the faction will destroy factions with non phalanx units in seconds.
    Of all the mods I have this one stands out due to the factions you included. I don’t have any specific examples now but I can get you some examples but it will take time to accumulate the data.

Thanks for answering so fast, that’s great.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

thanks, i am always looking for ways to improve it.

As a suggestion for the next one, it would be cool to have a map that goes all the way to India and more greek cities. Also, if we could build more buildings, such as hospitals libraries, river ports and some wonders(statues, bigger than life temples and palaces like the hanging gardens). By these means we can have full control of the faction and actually build more and make a new history for our factions just like these great emperors did. BTW SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

All that will be great and probably in the m2k version of the mod once the classical build for m2 has been created. A spartan agoge wouldn’t go amiss eh! This is something I would certainly make part of the mod or fundamental to it even.

Indefinitely Banned

camilian reforms and Mariun reforms for romans

i think the mini map would look nicer without borders

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    camilian reforms and Mariun reforms for romans
    Our Romans already have Marian reforms and one set of reforms are sufficient for them, IMO.

I'm finding this mod very fun to play. Are you planing on making it 4x turns per year in the next release? It seems that the distance an army can march is so short it warrants a change to 4TPY.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'm finding this mod very fun to play. Are you planing on making it 4x turns per year in the next release? It seems that the distance an army can march is so short it warrants a change to 4TPY.
    Sounds like a nice idea

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Use this as a battle soundtrack:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH3N1nkebhQ

The God of War III soundtrack especially during battles sounds badass as that is what i use during big fights in RTW.
    Last edited by jackwei; March 15, 2013 at 06:40 PM.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    Use this as a battle soundtrack:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH3N1nkebhQ

The God of War III soundtrack especially during battles sounds badass as that is what i use during big fights in RTW.
    If only I could convince Amorphos to make a general that looks like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234