Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Esf Editor

Default Re: Esf Editor

Really good work!

Hi everyone, I've been trying to edit my leader and some generals with the tutorial. Everything works fine until i try to save using ESF. When I try to save it says saved, but if i close ESF it asks me if I would like to save. If I say no(since I already saved I thought) and go back and open that file with ESF again, my changes still aren't saved. Has anyone else had this issue? It's really frustrating.

i had the same problem editing names...
    if u are using a mod that has its own .loc file...
    u need to edit that one.(so leave the 'local_en.pack' alone).
    just open up the mods loc pack file
    export it/change names like tutorial says
    then just import the edited one
    if this doesn't work sry
    but that was my problem when editing names
    good luck

one more thing.
    are you editing the .esf file with the editor or a savegame?
    editing the save games is safer/more reliable in my opinion
    ok one more thing for real this time.
    if you read through the tutorials posts you will come across a link for either a fixed version of the esf editor or something like that.
    make sure you dont use editor that is linked on page 1 of tutorial try to find the linked/newer version.
    sry i cannot link it directly
    wog wom

Is there anyway to edit an existing units experience, in a save game?

Well I think I figured it out... but it seems only to a unit which already has some experience. I turned a 1 chevron Militia unit to have 9.
    Last edited by Okocim; October 10, 2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!

So yeah I figured it out.
    Open up your save game, then follow these steps. Sorry no pics.
    + in this case means expand the 'menu'

+Campaign_Save_game
    +Campaign_Env
    +Campaign_Model
    +World
    +Faction_Array
    +Faction Array (your faction is the first one usually)
    +Faction
    +Army_Array
    +Army_Array (1 army = 1 tab, 2=2, etc...)
    +Army
    +Units_Array (opening this tab will list anywhere from 1 to 20 more Units_array tabs, depending on your army size)
    +Units_Array
    +Land_units

When you open up the +Land_units tab you should see something like this.

-Units_array
    -Land_units
    |
    |--Land_Record_Key
    |
    + Unit

Highlight the Unit tab and then you'll see something like this in the right window panel. You need the Change "Highlighted"(Bold) numbers in the VALUE column to whichever experience you want 1-9 then save it. Load your game and there you go.

Value Type Offset Original Value
    1181615328 Int 000ce10a
    160 Uint 000ce10f
    160 Uint 000ce114
    28 Int 000ce119
    0 Uint 000ce11e
    0 Uint 000ce123
    1195597152 Uint 000ce128
    0 Uint 000ce12d
    0 Uint 000ce132
    0 Byte 000ce137

Hope this helped.Okocim

p.s.

You have to edit the values for EACH unit in the particular Army_array menu. So 20 Units... yeah its tedious but it works.
    Last edited by Okocim; October 12, 2009 at 08:56 AM.
    Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!

Dunno if anyone had seen this before but:

main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\CAI_INTERFACE\CAI_WORLD\CAI_HISTORY\CAI_HISTORY_EVENTS

if you go there in your esf.. it shows invasions requested for CAI history events....

So really some of these things might be scripted.... i wonder if we can make them more likely to invade places like india and such using this...

Quote Originally Posted by Cursisanafou View Post
    Dunno if anyone had seen this before but:

main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\CAI_INTERFACE\CAI_WORLD\CAI_HISTORY\CAI_HISTORY_EVENTS

if you go there in your esf.. it shows invasions requested for CAI history events....

So really some of these things might be scripted.... i wonder if we can make them more likely to invade places like india and such using this...
    I don't think that is scripted and most important does not contain cai id's but names. That means that you can add as many entries you like. As you should see in the second line you define which regions should own and in third the region to be invaded. Second line is important because if one of the regions is lost AI priority goes in recapture that region than proceed with invasions. Anyway don't expect to see AI follow this right at ones, since depends on many factors like armies, distance, etc.

i actually removed the invasion requests and my campaign became really lively... by about 1720 prussia had conquered poland and austria.. and by about 1760 britain had control of north america..

Sad thing is that i played russia, so the eastern half of europe was kinda wacky because all i did was end turn after turn to see what happened...

I might have to play as like the plains nation so that i don't affect europe at all.

i actually removed the invasion requests and my campaign became really lively... by about 1720 prussia had conquered poland and austria.. and by about 1760 britain had control of north america..

Sad thing is that i played russia, so the eastern half of europe was kinda wacky because all i did was end turn after turn to see what happened...

I might have to play as like the plains nation so that i don't affect europe at all.
    Interesting... I'll be looking forward your new report. In what level of campaign difficulty you've tried it?

very hard... i've been doing a new campaign as the plains nations...

a bit has happened, but austria and poland got their acts together and defended against the prussians, so it's a bit of a region swapping contest in central europe...

a lot of the interesting stuff ends up happening because of certain events (no duh right lol)

like if spain doesn't attack portugal, britain doesn't go to war with spain creating a conflict in the new world....

I also see that spain doesn't attack portugal if france and spain don't defeat the united provinces...

So really to get an interesting campaign going, a lot of stuff has to happen at the right time. Like maratha has to declare war on portugal before they are destroyed by the spanish... otherwise i don't think britain will ever go to war with maratha to invade india later in the campaign.

I haven't tried doing the opposite though, as in adding a ton of invasion requests and seeing what happens... but i did get rid of one at first and britain ended up navally invading me rather than taking their ship to the americas.

What i really need to do is figure out how i can make it so they hate maratha enough to actually go to war with them... or maybe war with the mughals.

Check in my startpos thread the tutorial about modding diplomacy manager. You can increase the hate for historical reasons, different religious, e.t.c). But first I should suggest to add only one invasion (maratha to goa) to see what and when is gonna happen.

i will definitely check it out. Thanks

i'm deleting the entire events history formt he startpos and seeing what happens.

I have a feeling this might have no relevance what so ever.

Well i found out you can delete all the entries and the game will run... but if you delete:

then the campaign won't start.

But all the other entries have no real relevance to the campaign... i deleted all the major faction entries and they did the same thing they always do...

not sure where this leaves us.
    Last edited by Cursisanafou; October 13, 2009 at 03:14 PM.

CAI_HISTORY_EVENTS is a different thing and is needed. So you can't confirm that deleting invasions the game has more heat?

i can't confirm it, i might have just got a lucky campaign going..

all of my 1.5 campaigns up until i removed these had been quite dull and uneventful, once i changed them, one of the campaigns was very eventful, and the other was somewhat eventful, although in a different way. instead of prussia controlling central europe, there is a battle going on between poland, prussia, and austria for control.

As far as i can see i feel as though these campaigns are more heated, but it could have just been luck.

Although 100% certainty can not be achieved. I have great suspicion that removing these entries will indeed bring a much more lively campaign to your hands.

I don't believe it was a coincidence that when i returned my startpos.esf to its original state, other than several minor changes in order to play a minor faction, that many factions of the AI went docile and did very little.

Although some circumstances allowed for some interesting things to happen in the campaign, these things happen in any campaign you will ever play. such as venice taking over huge amounts of territory, or sweden, or france, or spain the amount of change in the vibrancy of the AI is undeniable.

I don't believe that it is a coincidence that every campaign post 1.5 i have played had been relatively uneventful and that after i made these changes that my campaign was very eventful, and that after i had reversed these changes that my campaign once again became relatively uneventful, aside from anomalies.

Therefore, i encourage everyone to mod their startpos.esf to include these changes that i have made to my startpos and test it for yourself.

If anyone cares to test my changes out here's a link to a post:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...01#post6127301
    Last edited by Cursisanafou; October 13, 2009 at 10:44 PM.

Hi guys,

What you are seeing in the ESF editor is part of the CAI history log. This log simply records some events relating to the AI, it in no way what so ever influences what the AI will do.

Please note that if you change these files there is a chance that it may create undesired consequences to the game.

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell
    (aka SenseiTW)
    This from the total war forums.

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/srepl...startpos-.html

If he talks about the same thing (CAI_HISTORY) he has to explain how is it a history log of what has already happened, since the regions in the invasions records do not belong yet to the invaded faction .

it also doesn't really make sense that these are in the history, yet are in the startpos.... so they start with an invasion requested... but then that means that the AI is encouraged by the startpos... so it doesn't make any sense.

Also when i remove these entries, i find the AI is more aggressive... but i found once i loaded the game, the AI is no longer aggressive... not sure why this is..

I'm going to start another campaign and see if i've just been imagining things.
    Last edited by Cursisanafou; October 14, 2009 at 12:15 PM.