Default Re: Faction Guides

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Lancer ~ View Post
    That's what I thought.

Now you're contradicting yourself.
    I was ing.

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    I was ing.
    Ok, no problem. Thank you for this very worthwhile discussion then.

Ok, no problem. Thank you for this very worthwhile discussion then.
    But my sele is quite close.

Ok, well admittedly it would probably work in many situations, but I'd say it wouldn't work against an experienced Egyptian player. Might also have trouble against the likes of Britannia and Pontus. I'm assuming this is no rules.

Ok, well admittedly it would probably work in many situations, but I'd say it wouldn't work against an experienced Egyptian player. Might also have trouble against the likes of Britannia and Pontus. I'm assuming this is no rules.
    Britanna couldn't fight my Pikes even if the catas were down and Pontus would have to be commanded by someone pritty fast.

Zekey's Avatar Biarchus

Head hurlers could take the pikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekey View Post
    The archers would slugter them.

Zekey's Avatar Biarchus

Not if slings and chariot archers take out the archers.

MaceMan's Avatar Miles

Owned? I think so.

But really, why the bloody hell are we arguing about this again? Selifator's Egyptian army may not be an EXCELLENT or SUPERB army but it's a FUN army that, in the right hands, CAN be used to pull off a VICTORY. I thought we'd established that pages ago, but apparently not.

I think we need to know more about this recruit's skill level, who they were playing, the opposing faction before we outright say the army sucks.
    Seconded. Max, if you think the army downright sucks, why would you even think about letting a recruit use it? I thought Sith plays to win, not to have fun.

"...and MaceMan outflanks with a dose of reality..."
    -GeneralChaos

Ex - Rome: Total War Commentator

Maybe said recruit is in need of some more training from your clan's hierarchy
    You look marion in the face and tell him that.

Selifator i think you could at least put a "not for noobs" sticker on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaceMan View Post
    Seconded. Max, if you think the army downright sucks, why would you even think about letting a recruit use it? I thought Sith plays to win, not to have fun.
    And how was i supposed to know that he would use it? due to gamespy i only get to play about 3 or so 3v3's a month, and this screwed up one of them.

Secondly Marion is new to the clan and has not yet gone trough the training program. i expect that he will soon.

Thirdly if i didnt play to win i wouldnt be this pissed off in the first god damn place... i took out 1 and a half army in that battle, egypt barely scratched em and then the third army got ed over in a 2v1. something must be done and the source of the problem is here.

For the record it was the wrong composition of selifator's army using axemen instead of niles and in my absence I forgot a bit of the game which actually makes me a good player. Also, I have girl trouble in my head so I am not really in the game to perform too well either. I'd say I am about 25% capacity at the moment. Not really going to go though training until I snap out of it, it would be useless anyway or at least waste time. Gotta recall those skills first.

So yeah, a bit underperforming from not touching RTS/anything really since March. MaceMan knows I am better than that anyway.
    Last edited by Marion the Cantankerous; July 05, 2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: P.S. War lord fails.

was pretty funny seeing u crash those axe cavvies into the barb warlord chaz and royal phalanx. when u got time sign up for sith training if u want mate.
    Apparently Lancer thinks its very important that u learn from the clan hierarchysomethingsomething. he woulnt say so otherwise

Eactly, and on no rules (which I think you said you play Warlord, tho not sure) the britannia player could easily abuse such units.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Max View Post
    You look marion in the face and tell him that.
    Hehe, sorry Marion. Anyway I don't think your bad or anything. I do think that there are a number of other factors here which contributed to the loss.

Such as your absence since march, having the wrong composition of the army. Also, was it Britannia you were facing? This army doesn't respond particularly well to Britannia in my opinion. It can do nicely against other factions such as rome and armenia if handled right. Also, don't you play 15k team games usually Max. I thought this was a 10k army. I don't know how well it would translate to 15k.

when u got time sign up for sith training if u want mate.
    Apparently Lancer thinks its very important that u learn from the clan hierarchysomethingsomething. he woulnt say so otherwise
    Of course it is Max. Your clan heirarchy has much wisdom to impart and I would not want to see any sith recruit go wanting.

Zekey's Avatar Biarchus

Why would you play this game if it wasn't for fun? Everyone who plays this game is doing it to have fun some just have more fun winning.

...Also on the I think it matters who you were playing against when you lost with that egypt army Marion. Who was it?

Arcers and Catas combined with my sliver shieds maveing in would prevent that happening I even beat a sith Recrut with it.(You know who you are)

Arcers and Catas combined with my sliver shieds maveing in would prevent that happening I even beat a sith Recrut with it.(You know who you are)
    I was unaware I am capable of playing Britannia and some other faction in an experimental army at once against a large unit game consisting of 8 catas and silver shield/archer spam. Try harder.

MaceMan's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Marion the Cantankerous View Post
    For the record it was the wrong composition of selifator's army using axemen instead of niles and in my absence I forgot a bit of the game which actually makes me a good player. Also, I have girl trouble in my head so I am not really in the game to perform too well either. I'd say I am about 25% capacity at the moment. Not really going to go though training until I snap out of it, it would be useless anyway or at least waste time. Gotta recall those skills first.

So yeah, a bit underperforming from not touching RTS/anything really since March. MaceMan knows I am better than that anyway.
    Hehe, sorry Marion. Anyway I don't think your bad or anything. I do think that there are a number of other factors here which contributed to the loss.
    I do know you are an able player, Marion, don't take any of this personally; we didn't even know who said recruit was when this conversation started. That being said, however, you used the army in an entirely wrong situation. As Lancer said, the Brits are one of the worst factions you could have used this particular Egyptian army against. It can work, but it needs all the right conditions, and a chariot-wielding opponent is most certainly not a favorable condition.

I must commend you, though, for having the balls to use such an army in a clan game. Just like you had the balls to use Dacia against my Seleucids way back in Cluny's last tourney. You, my good sir, have some commendable balls.

And Lancer, I'd have to dispute your comment that Selifator's Egyptian army is effective against Armenia. Rome, perhaps, but certainly not against a faction with cataphracts (or chariots, Marion ). When Selifator himself used this army against me, he only just defeated my companions, and cataphracts, as you know, are quite a few notches above companions. Just wanted to clear that up before someone goes kamikazee with this army against Armenia, gets destroyed, and then complains that it sucks.
    Last edited by MaceMan; July 05, 2009 at 05:45 PM.

"...and MaceMan outflanks with a dose of reality..."
    -GeneralChaos

Ex - Rome: Total War Commentator

Of course it is Max. Your clan heirarchy has much wisdom to impart and I would not want to see any sith recruit go wanting.
    We train because we care...

Why would you play this game if it wasn't for fun? Everyone who plays this game is doing it to have fun some just have more fun winning.

...Also on the I think it matters who you were playing against when you lost with that egypt army Marion. Who was it?
    he was playing Zeke

care to PM me the name? always fun to know who needs more training, or who needs to sign up for it...

Quote Originally Posted by MaceMan View Post
    I do know you are an able player, Marion, don't take any of this personally; we didn't even know who said recruit was when this conversation started. That being said, however, you used the army in an entirely wrong situation. As Lancer said, the Brits are one of the worst factions you could have used this particular Egyptian army against. It can work, but it needs all the right conditions, and a chariot-wielding opponent is most certainly not a favorable condition.

I must commend you, though, for having the balls to use such an army in a clan game. Just like you had the balls to use Dacia against my Seleucids way back in Cluny's last tourney. You, my good sir, have some commendable balls.

And Lancer, I'd have to dispute your comment that Selifator's Egyptian army is effective against Armenia. Rome, perhaps, but certainly not against a faction with cataphracts (or chariots, Marion ). When Selifator himself used this army against me, he only just defeated my companions, and cataphracts, as you know, are quite a few notches above companions. Just wanted to clear that up before someone goes kamikazee with this army against Armenia, gets destroyed, and then complains that it sucks.
    He did try to use it against my armenia a few games before that. took out 4 out of 5 cataphract squads but i took out the main body of his army.
    The irony in this is that the one squad he didnt manage to overswarm with armor piercing egy cav was my general's unit. he happily hammer and anvilled marion's roman ally after that.

Zekey's Avatar Biarchus

He didn't take that army against brits he took it against my macedon.