Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Completely new and revised remodelled Preussens gloria (V1.2) 27/5/2012

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Prussian_mod(v1.1)

as i said above my advices are those 2 advises, do not use this mod with other mods other wise you will have ctds probably.
    And you can insert the tsv files that ive mentioned from my moded patch file to the clean patch of your game.
    Now as for making my mod compatible with so many other mods, i dont think it is possible, cause many mods are using the same files, so we will have to decide what we are going to use.
    Thanks for your good words, i will try to make it more compatible.
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; April 16, 2012 at 01:07 PM.

a real good mod Megasalexandros ! it is really nice to see a larger variety of prussian units in game,and for this i really thank you.
    allow me to give u just my opinion about this your mini mod.
    as i said i really enjoy play with your units,but at the same time i think that let them wear white gloves is a little bit unrealistic,i mean these regiments used to wear them only for military parades,and for sure not when they went to fight in the battlefield.
    another thing that i noticed is that in one of your regiments all the soldiers have a bandage in their head,i mean even if it could have been very possible that some men and units where in this condition i find it a little bit wierd to see a whole "sick" regiment,and so when i deploy my prussian army i have this situation,several regiments wearing splendid uniforms in white gloves and others having a bandage in their head,a pretty strong contrast i think.
    i hope that you could do something about this,and please think that my post is not a critic to your job,just an observation and a personal opinion.
    Last edited by Preussen Gloria; April 05, 2009 at 06:26 AM.

Ah yes, i know ,both problems are model problems. i mean that i cannot remove neither the bandages nor the gloves cause they are a part of the model witch i cannot modify, but you are right,
    i really would like to know if i could put different banners for every one of my regiments, if someone can help me i would be glad,
    every day that passes iam improving the mod constantly, but i cannot upload it cause the textures are exceeding the 50 mb limit even when they are zipped. i will try to upload the final works separately.
    I really improved massively the skins, and iam constantly improving them. Basicly i spend more time on making the modifications than playing i hope that in 1 or 2 days i will finish everything that i want to change and finally start to play with my finished and great Prussia

I only hope you change the skins of the units - they look like circus clowns!!

I can send you some pictures of Prussian uniform (around 1740) if you kindly tell me how to get them from my DT into this writing box.

None of the Prussian Regiments had gloves (mute subject).
    The uniforms were different from Regiment to Regiment most having light blue coats with white or yellow garments. The later Regiments primarily white.
    Only the Fusilier Regiments No.40 and 49 had red-pink pants.

What you have assembled here is unacceptable for a history oriented person.

I am glad to see that you have the proper Prussian flag which was designed by Friederich II himself and applies to all Regiments (except with different colors).
    Last edited by Fridericus Rex; April 06, 2009 at 02:58 PM.

As i said, the gloves cannot be removed, if you cannot understand it just dont comment on it, the 15th regiment had gloves, (at least i have many depictions of it with gloves)
    The 17th regiment have similar uniforms with those that ive put, the bandage unit is not a historical unit, and the rest of the uniforms are what i have seen from regimental depiction, as close as i could get them. And still fixing them of course
    And it is strange that you see circus clowns cause half of those textures are hardly touched by me, almost exactly the same with the original ones
    Ahh and cause i have the uniforms of all the regiments, why dont you make the textures yourself so that you can relief me from all this work?
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; April 06, 2009 at 03:26 PM.

Sorry, but you take this to personal. My comment was in general and applies to CA or anybody else who made these skins.

I stay corrected as far as the Infantry Regiment No.15, "Corps der Unrangirten" is concerned. They were a unit that was often used for parades, training and as reserve unit. They may have used at one time gloves (I have not seen any pictures so).

Sorry, while I am very familiar with the history during 1700, I am not familiar with working with graphics software.

As I said, if you need any pictures of Prussian units, I will gladly scan them for you from my large library. Just tell me how to get them from my DT into this box.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

excellent work,simply love the unitsdo you suppose there will be a workable version for Darthmod in the works??these units would be perfect to use in a well formed mod such as that one.also,do you think there is a chance of making the flag available as a seperate download??again keep up the excellent work

@Fridericus
    you must be attending some rather interesting circuses

Thanks ikusa, i will try to comply with this requirerment but, i dont have the permission of darth to use his mod, if you want to ask him and take his permission to use his mod, i may then try to merge the 2 mods, like i said before

well,this thread has been quiet for a while,i would also like to spend a few words about Megasalexandros mod.
    well at first i would say to Fridericus Rex,that your comment wasn't nice at all
    this guy is just trying to share with us his mod,and you are not forced to play it,i love history as well,and i don't think that his skins are like "clowns".
    again,Megas i totally support you,and i think you started with the right foot,just need to fix a few things,but i enjoy play with your mod
    thank's to you we have more units for the prussian faction,i hope you are still working on it.
    my best wishes

Hi megas,
    i have a question the new units disapear after the upgrade of the militarybuilding, anyway to fix this?
    Keep up the good work.

Yes there are some units that are not included in some newer military buildings but with the next update the units will reappear.
    Thank you very much for your kind words Preussen Gloria, i will very soon upload a new version "i hope it will fit in 50 mb space!.

Theres the new update

Default Re: Prussian_mod(v1.2)Preussen Gloria "UPDATE"

awesome!
    thank's for keeping to try to improve your mod! i will download it now and give it a try later,cheers to you !

Thanks for your support Preussen Gloria!

my pleasure,i just tested your reskinned units,and i think they look now much better than the first version,for sure more realistic,even if i still wonder if you could make the regiments without the white gloves.
    so far a very good job,and looking forward for a new version of this nice mod.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Downloaded the new update,and i must say your work is very good indeed.but i notice there are 2 files,patch.pack and patch_skin.pack what is the difference here and are both requiered??or can they be used individually for different effect??

i also do have a question,when i start a custom battle with sweden i always have CTD,but when i uninstal this mod it's working,strange that happen only with the swedish faction.
    i would like to know if you also had this kind of problem or it's just me

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

I commend you for your hard work on the Prussians, Megas! I'm using your General, Grenadiers, Guards, Hussars, Regiment of Horse, and Heavy Cavalry. You also have a number of units for other factions in your package, and your Hungarian Hussars are very good. Thanks a lot for making them available!

I also noticed that you have units looking very similar to Razor's British (Redcoats) Line Infantry, and Magnus72's Swedish Line Infantry and Guards, plus Austrian and Prussian Line Infantry. If these units indeed are their work you should credit them for it in your OP. Even if you have used them to some extent only. What's the deal here?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Hmm for those files you are mentioning i think that are included and those skins maybe are their work, they might accidentaly be included in the mod (i might have forgotten to remove some files when i repacked the folder) i will check it and if they are indeed their skins i will credit them surely

, As for the Swedish ctd, i havent checked that i will check it and if i have a ctd i will try to fix it

hhhmmmm, i spotted the problem , the problem is caused by the swedish dragoons , i havent found the cause yet, and it is strange cause the dragoon files are used by all the factions, but only the swedish are causing the crash..

(yes you must put both files for this "mod" to work)

I will upload the fixed version, i spotted the problem and i found the cause of the ctd
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; April 11, 2009 at 08:37 PM.