Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BETTER GRASS 1.0

Default Re: BETTER GRASS 1.0 (released)

AMAZING.

Only one thing, if you look at those pictures you can see that the flora is divided in lines. You'll see what I'm talking about once you take a closer look at the picture.

awesome job mate

excellent work! +rep

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Quote Originally Posted by silenzer View Post
    AMAZING.

Only one thing, if you look at those pictures you can see that the flora is divided in lines. You'll see what I'm talking about once you take a closer look at the picture.
    because the game reads the grass thru lines.. vertical, diagonal and horizontal ones (this happens also with vanilla med2). It's not as RTW in which the grass is uniform
    Last edited by DAVIDE; March 24, 2009 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Code_Knight View Post
    This is a good surprise !
    Hey my friend, why not use this mod in Third Age: Total War? (with the approbation of davide_cool)

I gave it to code_knight, long time ago.. if they do like my mod, i'll be happy to see it into TATW, considering i m their fan

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    I gave it to code_knight, long time ago.. if they do like my mod, i'll be happy to see it into TATW, considering i m their fan
    nice! +rep mate

thanks. i m tryin to understand descr_vegetation, to see if i could do something more

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

As i promised i had a look at your files and here is my bug report:

* Several minor bugs in alpha channels.
    * highland texture is a DDS file

Why you have made only one grass texture in the same color for every climate?

Regards A.U.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Argent Usher View Post
    As i promised i had a look at your files and here is my bug report:

* Several minor bugs in alpha channels.
    * highland texture is a DDS file
    i wrong to put files on rar. Tomorrow i will post the files

bugs in what climate?

Why you have made only one grass texture in the same color for every climate?

Regards A.U.
    because vanilla ground colours are not plausibles. Ca engine gave randomly the terrain types for every climate. I m workin to replace vanilla ground skin, with adequate ones.. i never seen brown grass as vanilla, and brown grass is everything but not grass.. burned corn fields for example.. but the intention of Ca wasnt to make corn fields, so simply they less cared that aspect (grass etc)... as u can see opening vanilla new vegetation textures

the highlands correct file

http://rapidshare.com/files/213086727/highland.rar.html

goes inside new_vegetation/grass

Incredibly well done man! It is so much more pleasing to look at then some of the bland landscapes of vanilla. (+REP )

"I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun."- Andrew Jackson

Great work. I just installed it now and the grass looks awesome.

bugs in what climate?
    Well actually in all except alpine and mediterranean (BTW your best work). No idea it is a bug or feature thing but you have ever paste a alpha blossom on the grass alpha channel. See pic:

because vanilla ground colours are not plausibles. Ca engine gave randomly the terrain types for every climate. I m workin to replace vanilla ground skin, with adequate ones.. i never seen brown grass as vanilla, and brown grass is everything but not grass.. burned corn fields for example.. but the intention of Ca wasnt to make corn fields, so simply they less cared that aspect (grass etc)... as u can see opening vanilla new vegetation textures
    I know the vanilla files and there is definitely more as one grass type.

Brown grass (by google):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Regards A.U.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Well actually in all except alpine and mediterranean (BTW your best work). No idea it is a bug or feature thing but you have ever paste a alpha blossom on the grass alpha channel. See pic:

not a bug. A wanted thing.. a trick i used

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

exist because it's diseased. In every warm situation, u can see even burned or deep yellow grass. Caused by temperature of soil and various ambience conditions/weather. But not always the same brown grass, remains brown..

let's make the hypothesis i make the mediterranean grass brown coloured.. if during the battle, the weather goes in heavy rain, then according to good sense of mothernature, the same grass should be now greener right? but this think is unrealizable in med2, simply because brown grass remains brown and could make "pendant" (how french says) with brown ground.. but pratically it's a nonsense... simply cuz i dont like to see again brown grass, especially after an heavy thunderstorm... i return in the same place of battle and grass remains brown instead of green... this is why i prefer all the grass greener.

exist because it's diseased. In every warm situation, u can see even burned or deep yellow grass. Caused by temperature of soil and various ambience conditions/weather. But not always the same brown grass, remains brown..

let's make the hypothesis i make the mediterranean grass brown coloured.. if during the battle, the weather goes in heavy rain, then according to good sense of mothernature, the same grass should be now greener right? but this think is unrealizable in med2, simply because brown grass remains brown and could make "pendant" (how french says) with brown ground.. but pratically it's a nonsense... simply cuz i dont like to see again brown grass, especially after an heavy thunderstorm... i return in the same place of battle and grass remains brown instead of green... this is why i prefer all the grass greener.

You are right with "pratically it's a nonsense..." you can test it if you want take a sun-withered clump of grass and some water then wait what happens in 2-4 hours.
    If you have brown grass and showers it with water then it will be only wet dark brown grass, then rotten grass and surely not green again in the time of a battle (except you would play with infinitely time) and if you skips at the begin of the battle because the engine has rain it need time as well and you will have fresh young grass what imo should be brighter as you normal and shorter too Or. And forget the thing i come back again because there is time window per turn of seversal weeks or month and your flowers aren't bloom ever and etc.
    I can accept if you don't like other grass colors or don't want more as one specie but as i wrote it isn't very realistic.

Regards A.U.
    Last edited by Argent Usher; March 24, 2009 at 04:29 PM.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

does this mod makes battles to lag more (significantly) ?
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    does this mod makes battles to lag more (significantly) ?
    Nope the texture has the same size as vanilla.

You are right with "pratically it's a nonsense..." you can test it if you want take a sun-withered clump of grass and some water then wait what happens in 2-4 hours.
    If you have brown grass and showers it with water then it will be only wet dark brown grass, then rotten grass and surely not green again in the time of a battle (except you would play with infinitely time) and if you skips at the begin of the battle because the engine has rain it need time as well and you will have fresh young grass what imo should be brighter as you normal and shorter too Or. And forget the thing i come back again because there is time window per turn of seversal weeks or month and your flowers aren't bloom ever and etc.
    I can accept if you don't like other grass colors or don't want more as one specie but as i wrote it isn't very realistic.

Regards A.U.
    sure but imagine the mediterranean climate for example.. greece interior climate/ambience's different from western italy or western france etc... i cannot make 5 types of ground for one climate.. so i chose green grass

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

sure but imagine the mediterranean climate for example.. greece interior climate/ambience's different from western italy or western france etc... i cannot make 5 types of ground for one climate.. so i chose green grass

Davide, your right on that. only 1 type per climate. sucks but its the reality.
    SS 6.4, Eras 2.3, DotS Project
    The first computer you had always was the best.
    R.I.P. 2001-2011