Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Le FUSIL Unit Guide for Empire v1.6

Default Re: Le FUSIL Unit Guide for ETW v1.4

Hi daniu

I do not have any Empire mods installed.

All stats in Le FUSIL are taken directly from the unit info card within Custom Battle. They represent the unit with all its upgrades.

They are not taken from Pre-battle Setup which may typically show lower figures or base values of a unit which has not yet received any upgrades.

Unit costs were not changed in CA Update v1.4 for GC/Custom Battles.

Unit costs in Multiplayer are not the same as in GC/Custom Battles and may have received changes in the latest update.

I hope this helps...

Last edited by brandybarrel; September 29, 2009 at 04:08 PM.
    brandybarrel's BattleAxe and Unit Guide Links:

Quote Originally Posted by brandybarrel View Post
    All stats in Le FUSIL are taken directly from the unit info card within Custom Battle. They represent the unit with all its upgrades.

Unbelievable. You're right, within the battle itself the unit cards show the Le FUSIL values.
    I've been looking so long for where you may have gotten them... never thought of that.

They are not taken from Pre-battle Setup which may typically show lower figures or base values of a unit which has not yet received any upgrades.

Unit costs in Multiplayer are not the same as in GC/Custom Battles and may have received changes in the latest update.
    GC may be different; certain techs and your army minister of course influence the pricing there.

But both Multiplayer and Custom battle follow the same rules when putting together an army:
    they are taking what you call "base values" to decide what a unit is worth when an army is put together.

Let's say I want an army consisting of French 18lber Horse artillery only in a large army setup.
    According to Le FUSIL, the 14000 would allow me 12 units for 1160 each and I would have 80 gold left (12*1160=13920).
    However, when hosting MP or preparing a custom battle, I can buy 16 units for 840 each and have 560 gold left (16*840=13440).

My point is the numbers from the pre-battle setup would be more useful since those are the ones I need to consider when putting together an army in custom battle and MP;
    for GC, the prices vary anyway (depending on tech level and ministers' stats).

TBH, I find the game's behavior very strange at this point which is what lead to my confusion in the first place...
    if I get the 16 units for 840 each, start the battle and check the price, my army is suddenly worth 16*1160=18560?
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Hi daniu

Thanks for your feedback. I looked into and considered your suggestion for using MP costs.

There are several reasons why I chose to use the stats from the info card in Custom Battle:
    1. The information is centralized on one card and makes documentation easier.
    2. The primary audience for Le FUSIL is the overwhelming majority - single player, GC.
    3. Unit Cost has a corresponding Upkeep Cost required for SP, MP does not.
    4. The full stats are also the same for MP, GC, and CB (with exception of Costs) so it satisfies all players
    5. The unit Cost/Upkeep represent the “unadulterated” cost as found in the game data files (alongside Early and Late MP costs.)

I don’t know why CA chose to represent the Pre-Custom Battle Setup with (MP costs and without unit upgrades) and then within Custom battle show the GC cost with unit upgrades stats. It had me confused in the beginning as well but choosing the latter is the correct one according to CA.

MortenJessen's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi Brandybarrel.
    I noticed, in your guide, under the world section of Theaters, a unit called Highland Inf. My question is: how do one get them? What faction and what region/regions does one have to hold, and playing as who?
    Y.S.
    M. Jessen

Hi MortenJessen

Good question.

The Highland Infantry was added as a “filler” or replacement to the Dahomey Amazons on the Theatres Page. Checking the data files, I don’t think the unit is available. I modded them into Custom Battles where they automatically became available to all European factions except Britain (re. Black Watch) and France (re. Royal Ecossais).

Since this is a misleading addition to the Theatres page, I’ll consider omitting them in future updates.

Thanks for the heads up.

hi
    Thanks BrandyBarrel
    excelent work
    question: in le fusil 3-1, i have seen cemat grenadier, in v 4, they are not
    and i did not find them in the game
    i have the simple version, not elit units or anything else
    thnaks

Hi alex18771977

Thanks and welcome to TWC.

The Cemaat (Janissary) Grenadiers can be found on the Ottoman Empire faction page in both Le FUSIL v3.1 and Le FUSIL v4.0. They are not listed on the infantry comparison pages because they are not a "late" period unit.

They are available to the Ottoman faction in the game. If you want to see them, choose “early” period in Custom Battle.

I hope this answers your question.

Gonxas's Avatar Decanus

brandybarrel, first of all nice work on the update. Can you please also add the stats for dahomey amazons in the " world mercenairies" page?
    Cheers and thank you.

Default Re: Le FUSIL Unit Guide for Empire v1.5 & Warpath Campaign

Hi everyone,

Le FUSIL for CA Update 1.5 and Warpath Campaign is now available for download.

Stat changes observed:
    • Cost/Upkeep changed for all infantry and cavalry
    • Cost/Upkeep changed for Puckle Gun, Rocket Troop, and Organ Gun
    • Bow range reduced from 100 to 70.
    • Some Ottoman and Marathas unit abilities removed (e.g. Fire & Advance)
    • Addition of 4 units: Superior Line Infantry (Prussia and Sweden); Pioneer Militia and Pioneer Raiders (US)
    • Some changes to naval unit Range and Firepower

Thanks Swiss Halberdier

I must also applaud you for your outstanding efforts in bringing the Additional Units Mod (AUM) to the TW community.

It’s not an easy task with Empire.

Cheers,

Gonxas's Avatar Decanus

Thank you brandybarrel!

+rep

Baldos's Avatar Tiro

Thanks, great job every time!

I have used your guides to make Excel spred sheets to compair ship fire power/maintenance to deside on most "bang for the buck"

I also use the guides to campaire armies during tactical battles. Because of tech bonus they numbers are a bit off but they still help for relative comparisons.

After every patch I can't wait to get the next updated guide...this site is actually on my favorites tab

Hi Gonxas, as always thanks for stopping by and commenting. Ahh yes, the Amazons…

Hi Baldos, my understanding is that CB stats = MP stats = GC stats (tech upgrades maxed out).
    If you have a particular example, please let me know so I can investigate it.

Thanks for the kind words.

Civis

Download link is broken at mediafire

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Schu View Post
    Download link is broken at mediafire
    Nevermind. I put in a ticket and they fixed it.

Hi Schu

Welcome to TWC...

Thank you for informing me of the download problem and taking initiative.

I have added an additional download link in case others experience a simialr problem in the future.

Cheers,

Just one question: what about conscripts?

Fire-dweller's Avatar Civis

Put every unit and their abilities on!

Hi, thx for a superb guide! I wonder if you have looked into 'time to first shoot'? It seems different units take different amount of time to start shooting i.e. regular infantry is faster then guards.