Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Period Music Mod v1.3

Default Re: Period Music Mod v1.3

Quote Originally Posted by The Second Spartan View Post
    What are the changes in this version? New tracks for the campaign? Or did you find some fitting ones for the battles?
    Seconded. List of changes would be nice.

Downloading anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by The Second Spartan View Post
    What are the changes in this version? New tracks for the campaign? Or did you find some fitting ones for the battles?
    Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianNecrophiliac View Post
    Seconded. List of changes would be nice.

Downloading anyway!
    But-but-but... There IS a list of changes. Didn't you check the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Onkel Tuca View Post
    The new version has been uploaded! It's an expansion of the fields of ETW that which the mod covers.

It includes:
    - Replaced campaign prebattle music to better fit the period, and thus enhance atmosphere.
    - Replaced battle result music for the same reasons.

Oh, sorry. I must have missed it

Default Re: Period Music Mod v1.2

I can't garantuee anything using my mod to play anything but European factions. This mod is for playing as European factions after all.
    I wonder if it works for Americans...
    EVGA 132-YW-E180-A1 790i SLI*Q9550@3.6Ghz@1.3v(1.32v real)*6 GB OCZ Gold Triple Channel@1600 MHz, 8-8-8-24-2T@1.65v*Triple SLI GTX 280's*Zalman Reserator 1 V2*Coolmax CUQ-1200B 1200-Watt*Creative Labs X-fi Titanium*Vista Ultimate x64*2 Samsung SM T240's

Default Re: Period Music Mod v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire151 View Post
    I wonder if it works for Americans...
    If they're of European culture, then yes.

Just a noob question:

Is there any way to open the files, so i can get the music files for my media player?

Been trying to get this to work with no luck. I'd really like to figure it out because your list of songs and composers sounds great.

1. I've put the mod file name in the user scripts file like I've done with other mods that have worked.

2. I changed the scripts document to unicode.

3. And I put the unzipped patch file in the data folder.

After all this, it still doesn't work. I still hear vanilla sound.

The only other mods I am running are the blood mod, drums&fife mod and the "no tracers" mod. As far as I understand, none of these mods would interfere with your sound mod. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

The new pre-battle music is great. The music that plays when you win a battle seems maybe a tad too grandiose imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoferr View Post
    Just a noob question:

Is there any way to open the files, so i can get the music files for my media player?

Yup. Use the Pack File Manager by LtChambers to extract the files.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546

Is version 1.3 compatible with Darthmod?

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Kolath View Post
    Is version 1.3 compatible with Darthmod?
    Should be because I don't believe Darth's has touched the music.

Whatever the case, just put Darth's mod after this one within the user.empire_script.txt, just make sure you have Darth's changes, and you'll know right off the bat if it works or not as the music is quite different from vanilla

MP

It does, yeah. Until the cultures_tables can be modified in LtChamber's Pack File Manager, this must be so. It's too bad.

Although, it's not too difficult to modify the factions_tables, if you know how to use the Pack File Manager. Just open tuca_music.pack in it, select db, factions_tables, factions. Once inside, find Type, and change any faction's to "playable". Then, make sure you set Early and Late Availability to "True", those factions you want to unlock.
    If you dont mind ofcourse , can you explain how to change the early and late availability to "true" ? I seem to be a bit confused ...
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    If you dont mind ofcourse , can you explain how to change the early and late availability to "true" ? I seem to be a bit confused ...
    By default, it's set to False, right? Just change False to True, and you're done.

Libertus

Can you make a version of the mod that builds on the previous one so we don't need to download the large file at slow speed everytime?

Any chance you will upload this on filefront? Megaupload and sendspace are causing problems for me.

can anyone share it on torrent? it is too big to DL. :\

By default, it's set to False, right? Just change False to True, and you're done.
    In game or in the mod manager ? This is what I see in the mod manager , and I dont see anything like what you just said .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

everytime i restart my computer, the line i added to the script gets deleted.

any explanation?

if i add the line in and play right then, the music mod works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    Been trying to get this to work with no luck. I'd really like to figure it out because your list of songs and composers sounds great.

1. I've put the mod file name in the user scripts file like I've done with other mods that have worked.

2. I changed the scripts document to unicode.

3. And I put the unzipped patch file in the data folder.

After all this, it still doesn't work. I still hear vanilla sound.

The only other mods I am running are the blood mod, drums&fife mod and the "no tracers" mod. As far as I understand, none of these mods would interfere with your sound mod. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
    Anyone able to help? I do have my main.pack folder unpacked but the game is still reading from the main.pack file. Would that prevent this from running?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. I just had to change the file type to PATCH in the PFM program. Not sure why but this worked.
    Last edited by ♔Dignan♔; April 02, 2009 at 05:25 PM.

♔GrinningManiac♔'s Avatar Centenarius

Is there a faster way than Megaupload? Dear god, look at the size of that file!

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    In game or in the mod manager ? This is what I see in the mod manager , and I dont see anything like what you just said .
    You need to do this in the Pack File manager, not the Mod Manager.

BTW, are you using the French music mod as well? It will conflict with my mod for sure.

Anyone able to help? I do have my main.pack folder unpacked but the game is still reading from the main.pack file. Would that prevent this from running?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. I just had to change the file type to PATCH in the PFM program. Not sure why but this worked.
    This is odd. You shouldn't have to do that.

everytime i restart my computer, the line i added to the script gets deleted.

any explanation?

if i add the line in and play right then, the music mod works.
    Maybe you should try making your user.scripts_empire.txt file read-only?

Any chance you will upload this on filefront? Megaupload and sendspace are causing problems for me.
    Oh! I just noticed it's not actually shutting down. I will then.

Can you make a version of the mod that builds on the previous one so we don't need to download the large file at slow speed everytime?
    I'm not sure how this would work without making it so everyone will add a new mod every time they download the new version of this mod.
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; April 02, 2009 at 07:12 PM.