Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Period Music Mod v1.3

Default Re: Period Music Mod v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by ErikinWest View Post
    Will the Unicode affect the Seas to Sail mod?
    Saving the txt file in Unicode allows ETW to process it correctly. That's all.

IceAgeComing's Avatar Foederatus

yes indeed great mod been playin' all today lol and listened to the songs they pwn, i'd rep you to death but need more posts lol

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_melin View Post
    great mod! love it!
    I hope you won't miss the little surprise I included for Swedish ETW players.

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Onkel Tuca View Post
    I hope you won't miss the little surprise I included for Swedish ETW players.
    Would it be possible to remove the music in battle mode? I like to listen to your music in the campaign mode but I prefer drums and fifes when in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB1er View Post
    Would it be possible to remove the music in battle mode? I like to listen to your music in the campaign mode but I prefer drums and fifes when in battle.
    It's possible alright, but I'm unaware of any simple, practical way of doing it. If you have any mp3's that contain no sound at all, replace it with the ones in the battle music directory, extracted from the sound_music.pack using LtChamber's Pack File Manager. If you don't have any such files (I bet), then just download the one I have attached to this post.
    Remember that it must bare the same file name as all the battle music mp3's you want to remove.

I know this is a pretty lousy explanation. If you don't fully understand what I mean, just ask and I'll go through it step by step for you.
    Or better yet, if someone could explain how to easily remove music. This could eventually benefit myself as well.
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; March 27, 2009 at 07:50 PM.

Anything but megaupload.

Definitely want to second all the comments that this is a great mod. It's the music that should have been in the game in the first place.

This the best music mod because it uses period music. The other music mods go out of period, and that ruins it for me.

It is a shame that the game is so hard to mod. I'd love for you to expand the mod to the battlefield fife and drum marches etc., seen in other mods. I guess it's not possible to have one overarching music mod.

Thanks for what you've done.

Libertus

How come after a while in the map the music stops for a long period of time?

This happens with the default music too.

IceAgeComing's Avatar Foederatus

ye it happened to me but only once and i dunno what triggers it but overall its great

Quote Originally Posted by occer View Post
    How come after a while in the map the music stops for a long period of time?

This happens with the default music too.
    This is something I'm still pondering about. It appears to me it's something that the people over at CA have to fix with a patch.

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to make a heads up for anyone not able to download things from Megaupload.

I have uploaded my mod to Sendspace for this reason. Due to Sendspace's limitations on file size, I had to upload a split archive, meaning you have to make two downloads to get the whole thing.

I have added both links in the OP. Good riddance!

ErikinWest's Avatar Civitate

Yes it works with Seas to Sail and is an excellent mod!

Erik

Music is the pinnacle of civilization and Jazz is the apex.
    Member of S.I.N.
    The means justify the ends. Or better put: the same means will achieve the same ends.
    Under the patronage of Chandrashekar Azad.

Mmh, seems like the music always starts playing at the same song (or maybe it's just me). Can this be randomized (or am I just completely wrong)?

Quote Originally Posted by The Second Spartan View Post
    Mmh, seems like the music always starts playing at the same song (or maybe it's just me). Can this be randomized (or am I just completely wrong)?
    This I have noticed too, though it seems to differ slightly from faction to faction. For some factions, Mozart's Lacrimosa from his Reqiuem appears to always be the starter. For others, it's a piece of Telemann's. It seems to me it's nearly always one of these two.
    I don't know how this can be fixed, though I consider it a minor issue. Still, if I find a fix, I'll definately add it into the mod.

VVILHELM DUX's Avatar Tiro

Can I keep piling mod names into the "user.empire_script.txt file" say if I want in AIBruix.pack and Music mod?

Is there any special spacing or format for piling multiple mod names here if able?

If only one allowed, how can I run both mods?

Quote Originally Posted by VVILHELM DUX View Post
    Can I keep piling mod names into the "user.empire_script.txt file" say if I want in AIBruix.pack and Music mod?

Is there any special spacing or format for piling multiple mod names here if able?

If only one allowed, how can I run both mods?
    You can pile them up as much as you want, and just add them line for line. If you use a lot of such mods, I recommend using LtChamber's Mod Manager, to make things more organized.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335

VVILHELM DUX's Avatar Tiro

Thanks bunches. I didnt want to mess anything up. LOL

3 thumbs up.

As good as Hearts of Iron I music choices.

Default Re: Contemporary Music Mod

Will this swopping around of factions have any impact on my gameplay or other (non-music) mods?