Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ishin: A TW Take on the Meiji Restoration

Default Re: Ishin: A TW Take on the Meiji Restoration

Taiwan might be on the map. I don't know yet. If it is on the map, it would be controlled by the Qing.
    in patronicium sub The Bavarian Noble

Very interesting. Especially since I've just turned in an exam regarding this subject this afternoon. I might be able to offer some help in research and stuff, since i'm studying japanese language and culture.

I must say the time spawn is rather short. Because only a few years later more interesting events happen. Like the sino-japanese war and russo-japanese war. But i guess you're aiming for a slightly smaller scope.

Good Luck, very interesting idea!

I love this idea and hope it is seen through to the end. Bakumatsu no jidai/Meiji ishin is a fun period to study.

tobier's Avatar Libertus

This looks like a really good idea, I would love to play this!

Good luck!
    We have shared the incommunicable experience of war. . . we have felt, we still feel the passion of life to its top. In our youths, our hearts were touched with fire.
    - Oliver Wendel Holmens

Quote Originally Posted by Some Ordinary Guy View Post
    Very interesting. Especially since I've just turned in an exam regarding this subject this afternoon. I might be able to offer some help in research and stuff, since i'm studying japanese language and culture.

I must say the time spawn is rather short. Because only a few years later more interesting events happen. Like the sino-japanese war and russo-japanese war. But i guess you're aiming for a slightly smaller scope.
    Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated. Considering I am a Japanology student as well, we are already two of a kind. The time frame is rather short due to the limitations of the engine. I do not think that the warfare of these two wars can be adequately displayed in the ETW engine. Of course, if you think that this will be somehow possible, I would love to hear from you.

And thanks for your display of interest, everyone else.

Campidoctor

Just wow, I will be keeping an eye on this mod. Would love to play this. Xennik, this is way way down the road but is there any chance when other modders start producing world maps that you could include your work in the Grand campaign? (integrated with a theoretical world map that I'm assuming will appear eventually) Either way, thanks and looking forward to your efforts.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

Why cant the Sino-Japanese war and Russo-Japanese war be represented exactly?

I kind of understand your point. Because your mod will be about a civil war (if its correct to call it that way) you won't be representing Japan as a country, but rather its domains. And when Satsuma/choshu won, the new government will pretty quickly replace these domains with less, but bigger prefectures. i.e. the whole map of japan would change.

Besides the whole sino/russo - japanese wars doesn't really matter, since it's a Total War game. Where the player decides when/if a war begins. But i believe you intended to include them as countries anyway, right? So i can always start my own war with them, if i want to

this is a cool mod wen will we see it

How much do we know about the armies of the Ryūkyū Kingdom, the Ainu tribes, the republic of Ezo and such?

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

this seems to be a great idea, the best of luck to you, this is sure to be one of my must play mods when it comes out.

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

I love the Asian region and wish more would be done to incorporate it into the TW series in general. Best of luck on this mod!
    My Workshop - Signatures, Avatars and other work I've done on TW related subjects.
    "It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking."
    - Julius Caesar

Thanks, everyone. With a few people already having shown interest in helping out, I hope that we will get somewhere in a reasonable amount of time.

Berdiche Knyaz's Avatar Biarchus

bump, trying to get people to help you on this, I'm excited for this mod.
    Good luck on it

-Berdiche Knyaz
    America: Total War Teammate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=224197

It seams the Emishi were the Ainu of Honshu before the Japanese destroyed them. So I guess the Ainu faction might have similar tactics.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emishi

It is hard to find sources about Ainu weapons on the internet.

I have read in various places that the Ainu used clubs, also spears and Bows.
    A few had Japanese swords, but were used as religious objects more than weapons.

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Well I was gonna help the Victorian Era: Total War mod with their Japanese faction, but that mod just kindof....died

At the moment i am busy with a couple of other mods, but id be happy to help you out with this one

Just a question:
    Could u extend it to 1910ish? That way u could include the conquest of Korea and have technology like the Arisaka bolt action rifles (made in 1898)

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

If Taiwan is included, will Taiwan aborigines be included?

Quote Originally Posted by Pazu the Kitsune View Post
    Well I was gonna help the Victorian Era: Total War mod with their Japanese faction, but that mod just kindof....died

At the moment i am busy with a couple of other mods, but id be happy to help you out with this one

Just a question:
    Could u extend it to 1910ish? That way u could include the conquest of Korea and have technology like the Arisaka bolt action rifles (made in 1898)
    Well, I am still sceptical as to how the engine could portray the changed style in warfare of that time - although if it would be possible to realistically display the era, I would be more than willing to include it!

Quote Originally Posted by James the Red View Post
    If Taiwan is included, will Taiwan aborigines be included?
    Very likely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12