Thread: DarthMod

Indefinitely Banned

Icon5 DarthMod

I know DarthMod isn't intended to be a historical mod but does it make the game more accurate than standard vanilla empire?

Default Re: DarthMod

if you mean in terms of campaign, dont think darth can really do much for that yet untill proper modding tools come out.
    if you mean battles, its got a good feel to it atm, overall unit balancing is a work in progess obviously, but he has changed a number of values which are pleasing indeed.

It's a toss up between Darthmod and Quioxtes's Imperial Splendor. You should try them both out to get a feel. I personally use IS though because of the Battle AI.

upsettingshorts's Avatar Senator

Doesn't IS slow the game down? I hate the fact I have to research a lot of stuff that would have been common knowledge in 1700.

Really? Another one of these threads? Please do a forum search first. You can ask these questions in their respective mod threads.

Indefinitely Banned

I've asked this question in it's respective thread but no one answered me and I hope I'm not impeding your life by not doing a forum search, thanks for your posts I will indeed try IS, but I'm not asking if DarthMod is better than vanilla or wether it's a good mod I'm asking, does it make the game more historically accurate than vanilla? If even just a little.
    Last edited by TheGrassyKnoll; April 03, 2009 at 11:23 AM.

Tarmac's Avatar Laetus

I like darth mod more then IS. It does make lines tighter in battle and ships move more like ships, so yes it is more historically accurate.

why isn't this posted in the darthmod thread?

Indefinitely Banned

If you had read one of the posts I made above you would know why it isn't posted there.