Thread: EDUCATION

Default EDUCATION

one of good change for this mod are scholar buildings like school ,libraries and universities.But this buildings are completely useless.

It is very hard to get universtiy when U are in Total War and have a big empire.And now when new generals or administratives coming to the age they have only one or two turns to reach university on time in other case they are just dump and get bad features.But it is very often impossible to have all fathers in one city with university when boy coming up the age.

It is possible to change that generals have time to 20 years old for teaching and this time is use to made final feature?

I have Studia Generalia building in Constaninople (metropolis city) and all my administrative generals even when they born in this city and learn from 14 old year never get more than basic military or basic orthodox education...

My question is how I can get advanced military education or advanced orthodox education ?What I must to do?

It is a waste money for that kind of buildings???

Education building path cost me a lot of florins so I was very dissapointed with effects.

Default Re: EDUCATION

they dont cost much.. there is 2 .. or 3 education buildings

school university is one tree, and library is solo tree.. so anyway

library is like 1,5k so is school.. they both adds happiness or whatnot which increase order/growth
    university is 4k if i recall

but i agree on whole that point i had very few with more than basic..

Mune's Avatar Civis

Default Re: EDUCATION

Here's what I've found regarding education:

First off, your education level can grow beyond age 16, not just during that time. It likely has a higher chance of getting your education level to rise between the ages of 14 and 16 (as per the description) but it isn't limited to just this age bracket. However, I too can concur that it is difficult and rare to get a new general who has just come of age to an education level higher than 'Basic' by age 16.

Now, along those lines, how you get their education level to rise is different depending on a few things. First, military education level can rise at a slow rate by just governing a castle (the better the castle, the more chance of education increase). If you produce military units or military buildings in that settlement they are governing, it seems to have a higher chance to rise. However, military generals seem to have the highest chance to gain military education from battles. Makes sense to me.

Administrative generals are the ones who benefit from Education buildings. Place them in a well populated city with a University from age 14 to 20-25, and I think you'll notice this. Constantinople as the Byzantines is a great place for this, as they can get a tier higher than University and the generals also benefit from Bath Houses (better health), the religious building there (extra Piety), etc.

Anyway, the basic answer is that it takes more time, and likely part of the problem is that you'll need higher level cities/castles to see more of an impact.

Also, Pagan's gain education level by being outside of a settlement at the end of a turn.