Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

Amirali_hosseini's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

my mod manager doesn't have the ticks behind those names how can i get it?

I only have Napoleon installed, it doesn't find the .exe when I try to get ModManager setup for the first time, do I need the original ETW? Thanks

I'm not sure but I think Napoleon Totalwar has it's own version of ModManager. So, I think this one only works with ETW.

tefras14's Avatar Libertus

So i downloaded this and now i get the "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. Access to the path is denied. How would i go about about fixing this? I already saw another person ask the same question before me but he did not get an answer and it was a long time ago. Is this still supported

Letharius's Avatar Foederatus

Hello I have a problem I have never had before and I can't seem to realise just what change I have done to cause the problem in the first place.

If I run the game through modmanager it crashes on startup. I CAN start the game and play it in vanilla or through Darthmod but seeing as vanilla is not an option and Darthmod simply can't replace my ''own'' mix of mods dowloaded from this community this is abit of a pickle.

It has always used to work before without a hitch and I have done the following:
    -Validated system game cache
    -applied the newest version of Modmanager
    -Ticked off pretty much each and every mod I use one at the time to see if one mod or another was the problem. (if I don't tick any mod-box the game still crashes the only difference is that the pesky little message that tells me the game just crashed doesn't appear)
    -Reinstalled Empire
    -Reinstalled Empire after having uninstalled it and completely wiped everything including darthmod, user scripts, every folder on my pc with the word empire in it (which included my savegames unfortunatly) restarted the pc, validated the cache again and ran in vanilla yet the problem remained when applying modmanager (even without any actual mods in place)
    -torn off a couple of hairs from my head in frustration
    -Tried ''placing'' modmanager in my games list in Steam and start it from there
    -Asked Chuck Norris for help (which cost me a roundhouse kick in the face of my hopes and dreams)
    -Asked and got a great deal of wonderful help from Irishron without actually solving the problem though.

I was then told to sincerely ask the creators (gods) of Modmanager for help which I think I'm doing now.

Now I don't know how to put up the crash report from empire here to show you I'm afraid but perhaps one of you gentlemen are familliar with this particular problem? I run on Vista home premium 32bit with 4gb RAM E8400 @ 3.00Hz 3.00GHz (whatever the latter means)

Any help, hints, ideas or general signs of undewrstanding would be greatly appreciated. . . Even worshipped to some extent!

As a side note it should be mentioned that in my frustration I have kidnapped my niese's teddybear (known only as Teddy) and although it is highly unfair to both my niese and otherwise innocent Teddy I have sworn to end Teddy's days. Teddy has had a rather short life of only a few months since being purchased from the toy store but bear in mind (pun intended) that if I do not get to cause havoc in central europe with the full force of the prussian armies and navies I will end Teddy in a small sea of burning gasoline. I realise that this is rather extreme measures to take in order to simply play a pc game with mods but I guess I'm selfish like that. To whomever reads this I would urge for the sake of Teddy to appease my delicate mental state by helping me solving the issues I have with Modmanager... Oh and the clock is ticking...

Yours sincerely: Letharius
    ''History does not remember evil men kindly, but I'll have you remember this! That without evil men you wouldn't have history altoghether. ''

I take it you are impervious to threats. Well I will just have to step it up a notch or two then! Excpect teddy's ear in the mail! If my demands aren't met the next thing you'll get is a piece of very fluffy teddybear guts! MOWhahahahaha!
    ''History does not remember evil men kindly, but I'll have you remember this! That without evil men you wouldn't have history altoghether. ''

I am afraid I must inform you that teddy has now (to the great sadness of my niese) been awashed in flame, perished in the light of fire, been burned to a crisp or in other words died horribly at my hands. This has ofcourse cost me my hostage but none the less caused a certain amount of satisfaction seing as I carry a rather irrational hatred for stuffed teddy bears. Anyway this does not end here! Oh no! My voice will be heard from here and into the great internett if not even beyond! I hereby vow to cause havoc and spread chaos to any toy store that crosses my path! Until my problems with modmanager are settled no teddybear is safe! *Insert incredibly omnious and scary laughter here*

Yours Sincerely Letharius.

when i try to use the mod manager, i get this:

Exception Text **************
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VictorVal\Empire Total War Gold Repack\data\anim.pack' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
    at Common.PackFile.Open(String filepath)
    at ModManager.ModManagerForm.fillModListView(String profileName)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at ModManager.ModManagerForm.ModManagerForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4971 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    ModManager
    Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/VictorVal/Empire%20Total%20War%20Gold%20Repack/data/ModManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4977 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4971 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4980 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    Common
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/VictorVal/Empire%20Total%20War%20Gold%20Repack/data/Common.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

hi where i canīt find the dowload link from this mod manager can someone help me?

LtChambers, I love your mod manager. Everything was working great until I started getting an unhandled exception error, like other guys in the past 30 pages. It was working fine until one day the mod manager decided to just derp and die. I have no idea what happened.

I know you've tried to address this issue before but I was majorly disappointed in your response.

Anyway, here's the little error message, and it's debug report.

Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

"not a pack file"
    "Parameter name: filepath."

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: not a pack file
    Parameter name: filepath
       at Common.PackFile.Open(String filepath)
       at ModManager.ModManagerForm.fillModListView(String profileName)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4984 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ModManager
        Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.5
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ruhani/Desktop/Important%20Utilities/ETW%20Mod%20Manager/ModManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4985 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    Common
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ruhani/Desktop/Important%20Utilities/ETW%20Mod%20Manager/Common.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    Clicking continue seems to bypass the error but the program's mod functionality will not work, ie: no mods will show up on the list. Everytime the "show all pack types" button is checked or unchecked, the error will pop up. Interestingly enough, the mod manager does let me launch the game just fine.

Edit - Nevermind, I managed to fix my problem after countless trial and error.

You need to move your /data/ folder outside of the game folder. Make sure you backup your mods.

Have steam verify the game cache, and it'll redownload the /data/ folder. It is about 2gb so give it some time. Afterwards, run the mod manager and see if it gives you the error. If it doesn't, proceed to put your mods back into the gamefolder, run mod manager, and enjoy.

I've recently installed Empire onto a new hard drive, but for some reason the mod manager won't load the game. I've made sure that both the game and mod manager are on the same drive, and it can see all the mod files that are in the Empire data folder, but whenever I try and launch the game with the mod manager, it gives me an application load error. I can run the game through Steam, but it only loads with the various texture mods installed, and none of the other ones that need the manager. Any idea what's going on?

i download the mod manager i it wont show any of my mods but this error pops every time i open it says "unhandled exeption has occerd in your application" and it goes on so what should i do

its just *****ed my game and steam as well. nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    NEW: I added rudimentary conflict detection between pack files. It's quite useful to see which files are overwriting which between the various pack files. I also added the ability to view all pack types, not just mod packs. But you can only arrange the load order when viewing mod packs only.

I put together a very basic mod manager which will detect the mod packs you have in your ETW\data directory and allow you to enable/disable and order them as you please. When you launch the game from the mod manager, your user.empire_script.txt will be updated according to how you've set up your mods. When you start the manager, it will detect which mods were configured last time and list those first in the list - any newly detected mod packs are sorted in alphabetical order. Also, don't worry about it overwriting your settings in user.empire_script.txt: Mod Manager will preserve any non-mod-related lines in that file.

Once you check which mods you want enabled, you have to run the game from Mod Manager at least once to set the script up. After that, you can run the game any way.

Note that this software requires the .NET Framework 2.0.

Most people will just want to download this first package and extract it wherever as long as you keep all the files in the package together.
    Windows binary: https://sourceforge.net/projects/etw...5.zip/download

If you're curious, you can also check out the source code:
    Source code: http://etw-mod-tools.svn.sourceforge...unk/ModManager

Code:
    Changes in 1.5:
    - added an automatic "last used mods" profile that is created when the Launch button is pressed, and read whenever Mod Manager starts up (used in lieu of the broken commenting out of mods in the user.empire_script.txt file)
    - fixed profiles to save disabled mod information and to preserve order of all mods

Changes in 1.4:
    - fixed crash trying to use an invalid automatically detected ETW path (i.e. the game was moved manually)
    - fixed launch button not using user-set ETW path
    - fixed reordering of mods
    - added saving of ETW path so if auto-detection fails the user doesn't have to find it again every time
    - added "Show vanilla conflicts" checkbox to show conflicts in the vanilla files (i.e. ones that came from CA)

Changes in 1.3:
    - improved list caption to explain difference between viewing all packs and viewing just mod packs
    - added help link to define a "conflict"
    - fixed Path.Combine error preempting the failed-to-not-find-ETW-directory failsafe

Changes in 1.2:
    - added "Show all pack types" option for viewing non-mod packs
    - added conflict detection between packs on a file by file basis
    - fixed mod script output

Changes in 1.1:
    - mac89 added profile saving
    - added delete button for profiles
    - changed CheckedListBox to ListView in preparation for displaying readme.xml metadata

Changes in 1.0.1
    - fixed crash if no user.empire_script.txt exists when manager starts

Changes in 1.0
    - changed encoding of user.empire_script.txt to Unicode
    - fixed semicolon at end of line
    - added version to form title
    - fixed preserving checked state when moving checked items up/down
    - added preserving of the last-used mods (preserving both enabled/disabled and load order)
    - added preserving of non-mod-related lines in user.empire_script.txt
    - added failsafe for user manual selection of path to Empire.exe
    Lt. Chambers,
    Your mod manager is amazing +Rep!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

CLM's Avatar Foederatus

Hi guys,umm I couldīt download the mod manager, it says that cannot be sent to my country of origin wich is Cuba by the way, i would really like to play The end to all wars mod, it looks amazing so i will give an e-mail hoping for someone to send me the mod manager, hare: nikobellick9@gmail.com if theres an other way please let me know and thanks,thanks a loot.

Hi everybody

I have a big problem :
    1/ I have a new install of ETW by Steam and i try to install TROM1.7 mod, and when i try to strat i have this message "application load error 5:0000065434",
    2/ i installed MM1.5 and when i try to install by the exe i have this : "unable to automatically find the path to Empire.exe, please locate it manually", so i try to search in Empire data folder and i cant see it !
    When i try to launch ETW vanilla by steam it's ok that work !

Can someone help me ?
    I'm on W8

I have find a solution. Just run your mod manager as administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by doma87 View Post
    I have find a solution. Just run your mod manager as administrator.
    That don't work, same problem ..

Curtizmo323's Avatar Tiro

I cant get this mod manager working at all. Alls that shows up is the checklist and no mods to check