Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

Lun's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Mod Manager 1.4 (w/ conflict detection)

Not getting any of those checkboxes on my modmanager :S

Quote Originally Posted by Lun View Post
    Not getting any of those checkboxes on my modmanager :S
    Same problem for me...
    3.5 Net Framework - Vista...
    1.4V Modmanger

the strange thing is that one of my mods is working while the other one is not..

whats this "conflicts" stuff about? isnt that bad?
    "...and all the men and women merely players."

Icon7 How do you use the mods?

i've downloaded the mod manager but am having difficulty using it to use the mods i have downloaded, anyone help? i really want to use some of these mods but at the moment i cant!

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: How do you use the mods?

You can only use the mod manager to start and control mods that are made in the mod format. Some mods are made in the patch format. You can use LtChambers Pack File Manager to open the latter kind and change their format to the mod format (open those files in the PFM, then right click on them, select "mod" on the list that appears instead of the ticked "patch" seen there, finally save and exit). Now when you open up the MM (which should be located in the data folder of ETW, just like the PFM, and the other files that came with those programs, I think) you should see those mods in the window ready to be enabled or disabled according to your desire.

The downside of mod format mods are that they can't be used for multiplayer sessions online, according to what I've read. The downside of the patch format mods are that they might interfere with future game patches from CA.

PS. Most mods must be placed in the data folder of ETW. Check the mod creator's installation instructions carefully.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 11, 2009 at 05:39 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Amadeus's Avatar Tiro

deleted

i changed one of the mods from a pack file to a mod file but it still dosnt show on MM and i have no option to enable/disable any of the files that are showing up already, have i done something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jacko56 View Post
    i changed one of the mods from a pack file to a mod file but it still dosnt show on MM and i have no option to enable/disable any of the files that are showing up already, have i done something wrong?
    Maybe. You must untick the box for "Show all pack types" shown beneath the launch E(mpire) button to the right. Then boxes will appear next to the mods, and by ticking or unticking those you will enable or disable the mods.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Maybe. You must untick the box for "Show all pack types" shown beneath the launch E(mpire) button to the right. Then boxes will appear next to the mods, and by ticking or unticking those you will enable or disable the mods.
    i have done this but i can only get the my_pack box to check, no others appear, i think i should have one more as i have copied the smoke mod pack file into the data folder, is there anything i may of missed doing?

And your smoke mod seen in the data folder is in mod format, right? My Battlefield Smoke Mod 3.0 appears in my MM with no problem to enable it. Don't know the cause of yours. Other than what Mech_Donald adviced, that all ticked mods should be queued above the unticked ones, for the MM may not load any mod that is placed beneath a disabled one.

why not get crazy and manually add your mods to the user.empire_script?

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    why not get crazy and manually add your mods to the user.empire_script?
    ...and then launch the game via the shortcut (instead of the MM). Right?

thanks, got it working now, dont know what was wrong with it but hey it works now, thanks a lot for all your help!!

Why the Mod Manager doesn´t desactivate any mods for playing multiplayer?.
    One time they have been activated, and if I create a profile named multi, without checking all the mods than appears in the screnn box, when I launch the game, the version from the rest of players is different.
    Any ideas?

I found the mod manager a little tricky to work at first but it's great when you work it out.

I´m crazy with this topic, but Mod Manager always loads my mods, even thought I uncheck all of them and start again the game from the button in the program.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Please, help me.

... and I must delete manually the content of my user.empire_script in order to play in multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidalgo1966 View Post
    I´m crazy with this topic, but Mod Manager always loads my mods, even thought I uncheck all of them and start again the game from the button in the program.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Please, help me.
    You're not doing anything wrong. Unfortunately the mod manager is kinda bugged in the current release, in that disabling mods doesn't work. You'll need to open your user script manually and delete any lines with a # in front of them in order to make sure they aren't loaded, and then launch the game as you normally would (through steam or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Flobulon View Post
    You're not doing anything wrong. Unfortunately the mod manager is kinda bugged in the current release, in that disabling mods doesn't work. You'll need to open your user script manually and delete any lines with a # in front of them in order to make sure they aren't loaded, and then launch the game as you normally would (through steam or whatever).
    Thanks Flobulon.

Written by LTChambers :

"I put together a very basic mod manager which will detect the mod packs you have in your ETW\data directory and allow you to enable/disable and order them as you please."

Mod Manager is a great tool. Please, improve it.
    Last edited by Hidalgo1966; April 12, 2009 at 10:23 AM.