Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

Default Re: Mod Manager 1.4 (w/ conflict detection)

Hrm. It may be related to the German localization. If you browse to the folder:
    %APPDATA%\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Does it exist? Is that where your user file is? Is MM writing the user script there?

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    I assure you that the quotes around the name work fine and it allows the pack filenames to have spaces in them. If anything, the commenting out of the unchecked packs seems to cause some issues. I'm considering an alternative method of remembering the last used mod order.
    Thanks for answering.

When I launch from the MM (with the quotation marks automatically appearing) none of the mods load. When I manually remove the quotation marks and save the text file, the mods load next time i start the game (not using MM).

I cannot think of any reason why this would occur. I am using Vista 64 Ultimate.

Is their a way to fix the .NET Framwork problem. I just updated my computer, and it installed the 3.5 .Net

Quote Originally Posted by familyguy1 View Post
    Is their a way to fix the .NET Framwork problem. I just updated my computer, and it installed the 3.5 .Net
    If it installed 3.5 then what's the problem? You need 2.0 or greater, so 3.5 should be fine.

If it installed 3.5 then what's the problem? You need 2.0 or greater, so 3.5 should be fine.
    This is what comes up. That error screen with these as details.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    at ModManager.ModManagerForm.ModManagerForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    ModManager
    Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Gamer/Desktop/ModManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I tried using Spoiler tags but never found out how to do it. Do I put them b4 the text and then a space, then the same with after the text or?

Also when I download the MM1.4, do I extract the file to like my desktop? or, make a folder?

The MM comes with a file named common.dll, make sure it's in the same folder as MM.

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    The MM comes with a file named common.dll, make sure it's in the same folder as MM.
    ah ok. thats probably my problem. Thanks!

hey i was just wondering if it was possible to disable all mods using this tool, and just play vanilla? because after i install mods i still want to play vanilla occasionally and i just want to keep that option open

or do the mods overwrite files, making vanilla impossible?

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

Hrm. It may be related to the German localization. If you browse to the folder:
    %APPDATA%\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Does it exist? Is that where your user file is? Is MM writing the user script there?

It is, and it is where it saves everything, IÄ've tested after reinstall...but weird enough, Empire crashed every time when I wanted to start it after re-install, so I deleted everything that had to do with it (backed it up, tho), and now I'm re-installing again. I read through the Error message this time, and it said that some application is accessing one of the ETW pack files...weird...anyway, Im rust reinstalling once again, and I'll see then wheter a) ETW works and b) MM works...

NEW: I added rudimentary conflict detection between pack files. It's quite useful to see which files are overwriting which between the various pack files. I also added the ability to view all pack types, not just mod packs. But you can only arrange the load order when viewing mod packs only.

I put together a very basic mod manager which will detect the mod packs you have in your ETW\data directory and allow you to enable/disable and order them as you please. When you launch the game from the mod manager, your user.empire_script.txt will be updated according to how you've set up your mods. When you start the manager, it will detect which mods were configured last time and list those first in the list - any newly detected mod packs are sorted in alphabetical order. Also, don't worry about it overwriting your settings in user.empire_script.txt: Mod Manager will preserve any non-mod-related lines in that file.

Once you check which mods you want enabled, you have to run the game from Mod Manager at least once to set the script up. After that, you can run the game any way.

Note that this software requires the .NET Framework 2.0.

Most people will just want to download this first package and extract it wherever as long as you keep all the files in the package together.
    Windows binary: https://sourceforge.net/project/show...kage_id=314659

If you're curious, you can also check out the source code:
    Source code: http://etw-mod-tools.svn.sourceforge...unk/ModManager

Code:
    Changes in 1.4:
    - fixed crash trying to use an invalid automatically detected ETW path (i.e. the game was moved manually)
    - fixed launch button not using user-set ETW path
    - fixed reordering of mods
    - added saving of ETW path so if auto-detection fails the user doesn't have to find it again every time
    - added "Show vanilla conflicts" checkbox to show conflicts in the vanilla files (i.e. ones that came from CA)

Changes in 1.3:
    - improved list caption to explain difference between viewing all packs and viewing just mod packs
    - added help link to define a "conflict"
    - fixed Path.Combine error preempting the failed-to-not-find-ETW-directory failsafe

Changes in 1.2:
    - added "Show all pack types" option for viewing non-mod packs
    - added conflict detection between packs on a file by file basis
    - fixed mod script output

Changes in 1.1:
    - mac89 added profile saving
    - added delete button for profiles
    - changed CheckedListBox to ListView in preparation for displaying readme.xml metadata

Changes in 1.0.1
    - fixed crash if no user.empire_script.txt exists when manager starts

Changes in 1.0
    - changed encoding of user.empire_script.txt to Unicode
    - fixed semicolon at end of line
    - added version to form title
    - fixed preserving checked state when moving checked items up/down
    - added preserving of the last-used mods (preserving both enabled/disabled and load order)
    - added preserving of non-mod-related lines in user.empire_script.txt
    - added failsafe for user manual selection of path to Empire.exe

guys im unticking mod manager files but still cant play
    on battle list

OH Geez I think its another one. What was the point of quoting that?

I finally managed to get a mod to work. But, I have the fife and drums mod, but during battle I still hear the original music.

If one mod works why doesn't the other?

Do I have to delete a sound pack that came with the game?? Why would the script read on one mod and not another? As well where does Mod Manager go? Does it run on its own or does it have to be put in a data file like a "mod"?

Any help would be appreiciated!!

TY!! SIr!!!
    Last edited by Vishnu; April 08, 2009 at 10:40 AM.

Can anybody answer my questions?

wow, its nice to have a mod manager but no guide to install it, I have 3 files here but it seem like LtChambers was thinking that everybody would be able to install it without explication. - rep

The bright red letters right before the download link were too frightening to read?

Here it is again in black:
    Most people will just want to download this first package and extract it wherever as long as you keep all the files in the package together.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
    I finally managed to get a mod to work. But, I have the fife and drums mod, but during battle I still hear the original music.

If one mod works why doesn't the other?

Do I have to delete a sound pack that came with the game?? Why would the script read on one mod and not another? As well where does Mod Manager go? Does it run on its own or does it have to be put in a data file like a "mod"?
    No, you don't have to delete vanilla packs. The fife and drums mods is, last I checked, a patch pack. I simply modified it to be a mod pack and now I can use it with the MM. But the official download won't show up as a mod in MM because it describes itself as a patch.

LtChambers, it would seem like some mods in my load order are still being loaded when they're disabled. Any idea why this could be?

EDIT: Ah, I suspected as much... it would seem that for a mod to be fully "unloaded", the related line needs to be completely removed from the user.empire_script. It would seem that the manager's current method of adding a # in front of the line doesn't successfully stop the mod from being loaded. Could someone confirm this?
    Last edited by Flobulon; April 09, 2009 at 02:43 PM.

I suspect the same thing Flobulon, but it makes little sense because that comment char works fine in the preferences script. Ah, but I notice that they only use at the end of a valid line, never at the beginning of a blank line. I will change to using mac89's profile code for storing the last used mods.

Ok, no worries, was just making sure it wasn't a problem on my end
    Keep up the great work