Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

Default Re: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

Hey guys
    I'm really sorry If I'm interrupting your discussions, But I have very annoying problem that prevent me from enjoying modding
    I have a problem while using mod manager, The Mod is activated but no change in game!
    The mod manager works OK and the game runs smoothly but all changes I've done in my mod are not showing in the game!

I'm modding ETW by pack file manager 3.5.2 because all the other versions were not working (even db editor)
    my mod is just small changes in the unit stats but the mod has never changed anything in the game
    The strange thing is that technically the mod is activated because I can't play any game online (It shows that I have different mod than them) and user_empire_script shows that the mod is activated (mod "test.pack"
    But Why then there is no change?
    I've tried a lot of options .... even i tried to change only one value in unit stats but still no change in the game
    I think the problem is not related to the changes I'm doing but it is about activation of the mod itself
    Because the same changes i did in the main game files and they all works!
    But it is dangerous to always change CA directories and i can't play online anymore in that case!
    Any solution you have?

Thanks in advance

It doesn't have a tick box, is there a way of resolving this?

Can't launch:

Application load error 5:0000 ...

This game really doesn't want me to play it.

I'm in Win10 running Mod Manager 1.5. It says it's working, but I have no idea if it is or not. There are no tick boxes and the mod I'm trying to work with is the Warpath units in Grand Campaign. It is one file, native.pack. It shows up in the Mod Manager, but there are no tick boxes. And I don't see the warpath units available anywhere. It shows up in the Movies section, so I believe it is loading properly.

It probably doesn't help that the developer there didn't show any detailed information as to how his mod works, however, trying to play with any of the factions (Using ETF 2.1) doesn't show any units. Weird stuff.

ETA - Yes it's working. There are no tick boxes. I think that's because most people just make their mods Movie type these days, which make the Mod manager somewhat obsolete.

FWIW, the mod I was using was working. It cannot be uploaded to this site in a way that makes the units available to recruit for other nations, so I'm going to have to do that myself. And keep it to myself for the same reason. Starting to understand why so many people got so frustrated with CA for the way they handled this game and the modding community.
    Last edited by eschelar; March 08, 2017 at 08:05 AM.

I don't have any check boxes

I had this same issue, Updated version works much better >>>>>>>>>>http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dated-25-04-14

"Have A Nice Day"

the mod manager deletes itself when I download it

Im so frustrated, cant find why my mod isnt showing up and there is no tickboxes. I have Steam and deleted everything and installed it and its the samething, The information is in swedish but i will try to translate because this keyboard cant do print screen. ARRGHH.
    An exception that hasnt been delt with has occured in your applicationprogram. If you click on continue this error will be ignore. If you click on abort the applicationprogram will be shutdown.
    And below in english says :
    not a pack file
    Parametername: filepath
    And on the informations tab there is a hell of a lot of info... So tired of this all i want to is cheat so i can win some navalbattles...

this is a huge thread, so im sorry if this has been asked before. ive got it working, but there are no checkboxes. so i cant enable the blood and smoke mod. is this a common issue easily solved? it says it has 2 conflickts, projectiles explosions projectiles table

i should have looked above lol. ok trying the new version

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Taylor View Post
    i should have looked above lol. ok trying the new version
    the updated new mod manager doesnt even have empire total war on the list. oh well. 2 days of work spent on this. i give up. no blood and smoke for me.

How does one install this?

Newman55f9's Avatar Libertus

Default Is Modmanager compatable with Windows 10?

Hello again,

I worked on the American Revolution Mod with Toon about 10 years ago, as historical consultant. Also became a Duffer.

Life got busy, there were complications such as my son getting cancer.

I am back now, hoping to introduce my son to the game. I had tried the successor to the American Revolution Mod (TAR) and had issues to the point I could not even play the Vanilla Game so am a bit skittish to try that without support.

I have a number of mod files and Mod Manager from 10 years ago, would really like to get those units and skin improvements back. I have been reading old conversations and amazed how much I had learned about the technical aspects but don't think I can get back into the game without help.

I would like to start simple.

Will a 10 year old version of Mod Manager work with Steam and Windows 11?

Do I need a newer version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Newman55f9's Avatar Libertus

Does Mod Manager work with Windows 10?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Newman55f9 View Post
    Does Mod Manager work with Windows 10?
    I can't be sure, but I think it would work. You'll have to try it and see for yourself.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Default Re: Is Modmanager compatable with Windows 10?

Dear Newman,...Always NEWMAN!!! (Seinfeld joke) Ahem; It should work for you as it has for me. Although, what is good for the goose may not be good for the gander. Remember what we said about Microsoft during the late 1980s and 1990s, read: MICROCRAP. Not really user friendly. I have not heard about Windows 11, but considering the Windows 7 features that continue to exist within Windows 10, ergo, causing problems that sometimes can be linked to Total War game-play glitches, etc et al. So, after all that I have said, you should be o.k. Never doubt yourself, that is why we have children.

Default Re: Is Modmanager compatable with Windows 10?

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I encountered an error message (application load error) while trying to use the Mod Manager today. Is there a solution to this?

I keep getting an error.
    when trying to launch ETW using the mod manager. the box says "Steam error"
    not sure what exactly it is referring to any idea's how to fix it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

I fixed it, so for any one with this issue in the future, the game has to be installed on the same drive as steam.
    If your game is on.. Drive D and Steam is on drive C.. you'll get this problem.
    both have to be on Drive C (or where ever your steam is installed on)

for the mod manager not to give that specific error

Doesn't work.