Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

Default Re: Mod Manager 1.1

bah! all alone again

Miles

Do the same thing as I've posted before, that will work.
    (same problem, same solution)

Yeah now it worked, last time I didnt even get int osourceforge to "click here"

Default Re: Mod Manager 1.2 (w/ conflict detection)

I downloaded the 1.2 version. It has more information about the packs it loads. It says my mod.pack file has 4 conflicts. Uhh? Is that a bad thing?

EDIT: LOL LT Chambers edited the first post as I posted this question.
    Last edited by Grimstoned; March 27, 2009 at 02:04 AM.

AmeriBriton's Avatar Civis

Edit, nevermind.

3d Battalion, 172d Infantry (Mountain)
    "Ascend to Victory" Hooah!

sorry4 asking but where should I install the modmanager? And im playing special forces edition should i close mod manager when selected the mods and start the game from desctop?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimstoned View Post
    I downloaded the 1.2 version. It has more information about the packs it loads. It says my mod.pack file has 4 conflicts. Uhh? Is that a bad thing?

EDIT: LOL LT Chambers edited the first post as I posted this question.
    If the conflicts are db files, then yes that's probably a bad thing for a mod. Db files should overwrite or add new rows with a differently named db file. If they're not db files, then it's not much to worry about, but it's good to know what the mod is actually overwriting when you have it enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by RomaJilo View Post
    sorry4 asking but where should I install the modmanager? And im playing special forces edition should i close mod manager when selected the mods and start the game from desctop?
    You can extract the files anywhere as long as you keep them together. You must launch the game from the MM at least once in order to set the user script up correctly.

Hi!

When I open upp the modmanager...there r no mods to select? Im a real noob at these things so please advise....

Hi there,
    my Mod Manager 1.2 shows 9 conflicts (all db) for Darth 0.3. All concerning main.patch.

1.) Could that be because of the actual hotfix of March 25th's hotfix?
    2.) Could there be a language conflict (with German version)?
    3.) How can I get rid of these conflicts?

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by RomaJilo View Post
    Hi!

When I open upp the modmanager...there r no mods to select? Im a real noob at these things so please advise....
    That's probably because your "mods" aren't bust most probably patch!
    In the PFM there's a pack format option, that must be setted to mod.

Hi there,
    my Mod Manager 1.2 shows 9 conflicts (all db) for Darth 0.3. All concerning main.patch.

1.) Could that be because of the actual hotfix of March 25th's hotfix?
    2.) Could there be a language conflict (with German version)?
    3.) How can I get rid of these conflicts?
    That's normal, since darth mod overwrite most of your native files and is supposed to do it. But he should concider removing untouched rows and changing the db names in a next version.
    If you're only using darth mod there should'nt be any problems, if you've other mods witch conflict some of their features will not be accessibles.
    Last edited by MrThib; March 27, 2009 at 08:50 AM.

I can't get ModManager 1.2 to work.. when I start it I get the error message "Unhandled exception .... Value cannot be null. Parameter name : path1. "

Quote Originally Posted by MrThib View Post
    That's probably because your "mods" aren't bust most probably patch!
    In the PFM there's a pack format option, that must be setted to mod.

That's normal, since darth mod overwrite most of your native files and is supposed to do it. But he should concider removing untouched rows and changing the db names in a next version.
    If you're only using darth mod there should'nt be any problems, if you've other mods witch conflict some of their features will not be accessibles.
    Thx,
    MrThib!

Okay i have the mod manager. now i have a boatload of conflicts such as patch 3198 conflicts and so on is the problem or part of it these conflicts that the mod manager found and if so how can i address them?

is it that I brought the store version or something because i am lost about this I want to install some mods but with all these conflicts on at least ten different things i guess that i'll not be having any mods anytime soon

Miles

The conflict stuff should not be taked too seriously, it just inform you that some of your mods are affecting the same files.
    If your mods conflic with the patch.pack or main.pack only, everything is OK, that will work fine (mods are generaly supposed to overwrite some natives files).
    If your mods are conflicting with each others, the game will run but some of the mods features could not appear.
    Hope I was clear enought.
    Note: a mod will never mess your game files so just try.

Sevasti's Avatar Biarchus
    They tell me it's a regular building but it sways like a house of cards when the wind blows

So when should I start to worry? I've used 2 mods so far and just recently downloaded the mod manager. The mod packs themselves only cause a couple of conflicts each but both my sounds_animation_triggers and patch_pack are causing over 2000 each! Sorry if I'm asking for the obvious but this got me stunned.

Et sekund er som et minutt her inne
    Minutt som en time. Time som et døgn
    Og du trur du ser ting å så klart
    Eg seier ikkje ett ord til før eg får en advokat

Patch.pack will obviously overwrite a lot of files in the original packs - that's the entire purpose of it. So you don't need to worry about conflicts between CA-provided pack files, but it IS interesting to see what files they overwrote in patch.pack from the various other packs. It gives you a real sense of how each patch modifies the game assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevasti View Post
    So when should I start to worry? I've used 2 mods so far and just recently downloaded the mod manager. The mod packs themselves only cause a couple of conflicts each but both my sounds_animation_triggers and patch_pack are causing over 2000 each! Sorry if I'm asking for the obvious but this got me stunned.
    I have a ton of conflicts like that also. I set the mod manger to just show my Mod.pack files. Lol... out of sight out of mind. My game and mods are working fine despite the "conflicts".

Edit: Thanks LT for the information. I understand now. Lol I am going to rep as many of your posts as I can. Thanks for all your work.
    Last edited by Grimstoned; March 27, 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Sevasti's Avatar Biarchus
    They tell me it's a regular building but it sways like a house of cards when the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    Patch.pack will obviously overwrite a lot of files in the original packs - that's the entire purpose of it. So you don't need to worry about conflicts between CA-provided pack files, but it IS interesting to see what files they overwrote in patch.pack from the various other packs. It gives you a real sense of how each patch modifies the game assets.
    Yeah, I had a hunch about the patch packs. It was just the sound animation triggers that got me suspicious. Thanks for clearing it up though.

@ Grimstoned

Yup, I also resolved to that

Et sekund er som et minutt her inne
    Minutt som en time. Time som et døgn
    Og du trur du ser ting å så klart
    Eg seier ikkje ett ord til før eg får en advokat