Thread: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

NEW: I added rudimentary conflict detection between pack files. It's quite useful to see which files are overwriting which between the various pack files. I also added the ability to view all pack types, not just mod packs. But you can only arrange the load order when viewing mod packs only.

I put together a very basic mod manager which will detect the mod packs you have in your ETW\data directory and allow you to enable/disable and order them as you please. When you launch the game from the mod manager, your user.empire_script.txt will be updated according to how you've set up your mods. When you start the manager, it will detect which mods were configured last time and list those first in the list - any newly detected mod packs are sorted in alphabetical order. Also, don't worry about it overwriting your settings in user.empire_script.txt: Mod Manager will preserve any non-mod-related lines in that file.

Once you check which mods you want enabled, you have to run the game from Mod Manager at least once to set the script up. After that, you can run the game any way.

Note that this software requires the .NET Framework 2.0.

Most people will just want to download this first package and extract it wherever as long as you keep all the files in the package together.
    Windows binary: https://sourceforge.net/projects/etw...5.zip/download

If you're curious, you can also check out the source code:
    Source code: http://etw-mod-tools.svn.sourceforge...unk/ModManager

Code:
    Changes in 1.5:
    - added an automatic "last used mods" profile that is created when the Launch button is pressed, and read whenever Mod Manager starts up (used in lieu of the broken commenting out of mods in the user.empire_script.txt file)
    - fixed profiles to save disabled mod information and to preserve order of all mods

Changes in 1.4:
    - fixed crash trying to use an invalid automatically detected ETW path (i.e. the game was moved manually)
    - fixed launch button not using user-set ETW path
    - fixed reordering of mods
    - added saving of ETW path so if auto-detection fails the user doesn't have to find it again every time
    - added "Show vanilla conflicts" checkbox to show conflicts in the vanilla files (i.e. ones that came from CA)

Changes in 1.3:
    - improved list caption to explain difference between viewing all packs and viewing just mod packs
    - added help link to define a "conflict"
    - fixed Path.Combine error preempting the failed-to-not-find-ETW-directory failsafe

Changes in 1.2:
    - added "Show all pack types" option for viewing non-mod packs
    - added conflict detection between packs on a file by file basis
    - fixed mod script output

Changes in 1.1:
    - mac89 added profile saving
    - added delete button for profiles
    - changed CheckedListBox to ListView in preparation for displaying readme.xml metadata

Changes in 1.0.1
    - fixed crash if no user.empire_script.txt exists when manager starts

Changes in 1.0
    - changed encoding of user.empire_script.txt to Unicode
    - fixed semicolon at end of line
    - added version to form title
    - fixed preserving checked state when moving checked items up/down
    - added preserving of the last-used mods (preserving both enabled/disabled and load order)
    - added preserving of non-mod-related lines in user.empire_script.txt
    - added failsafe for user manual selection of path to Empire.exe
    Last edited by LtChambers; July 24, 2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: fixed download link (for real this time)