Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Up to 4294967295 turns per year! - Editor v1.01 released

Default Re: Up to 4294967295 turns per year!

Quote Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
    This is a great discovery and all but to really be useful the recruitment times really need to be adjusted and probably the movement ranges for units as well.
    I'd have to disagree with you there. Since the recruitment times are all relative to each other, I don't see that it really makes a difference how many turns it takes to recruit a unit - just so long as the recruitment time remains basically equal for all factions.

So far as movement on the strat map is concerned, the more turns per year there are - the more realistic the movement becomes (with 12 turns per year being the most realistic, IMO).

Right now it takes one of my units about about two years to travel from Scotland to London.

Quote Originally Posted by Matte979 View Post
    Ok, new small discovery. If you change the turns per year to 3 and change the summer in the file just after to say winter. The game start in winter and you get 2 summer and 1 winter per year. I still dont get why.

I think that is an acceptable solution for me right now.
    That is interesting! Now if there was just some way to multiply that effect...

4 Summers and 2 Winters, or 8 Summers and 4 Winters would be great.

EDIT: removed

Default Re: Up to 4294967295 turns per year! - Editor released

This is just GREAT!!! Finaly 4 turns a year, thank you so much for this!

GREAT!!!

can we have now a mod with 4t/y???
    sorry but i'm not a modder and i'm sure,i'll destroy my copy of ETW! lol

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    GREAT!!!

can we have now a mod with 4t/y???
    sorry but i'm not a modder and i'm sure,i'll destroy my copy of ETW! lol
    Should be a download link to the program on the first page!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHamm View Post
    So wouldn't 12 be 0c then? I ask this because if realism is what you are going for then you would almost have to do it in 12 mos, I say this based on the unit movement. according to history the average army at the time moved between 8-10 miles a day for the sake of averaging lets go with 9 miles

An army could travel 1620 Miles in 6 months
    810 Miles in 3 months or
    270 miles in 1 month
    (give or take on all of these of course)

For the next part I measured the game map between two distinct points and then measured the same points on google earth to get my distances for comparison for this. Then I judged the distance that my army could move according to my findings in google to be about 280 miles. (my army was made up of Cavalry, Infantry and Cannon)

So the game is using about 9.3 miles a day at a 1 month rate but the game is actually at 6 month turns.

So you could up the distance that the units could travel but then for 6 months or even 3 months (for using 4 turns per year) but then in one turn you could move from the far east of Germany and into spain in 1 turn. For me that is too much

I kinda like the distance for each turn as is but for the sake of realism then your game would need to be set at 12 turns per year. Then that would be just about on par with the movement scale.

any thoughts?
    Given that 20miles per day was pretty common as well.

First

Each troops carry 3 day of breads, the army supply train have 6 day of bread and bakery train accompany the army have flour enough to make bread for 9 days. So the army will have food for 9 days without bakery and 18 days with bakery.

For 20K army, the army need 200 carriage carring flour (not including bakery building materials and bakery supply). When the army stop, the baker will build the bakery...which takes 3-4 days.

1st day - 4 th day : March
    5th day : Bakery to be build and start baking (during this time, army can not march more than 2 days away from ther bakery)
    9th day : The army have enough food

It takes, 1 day to put all bread into the wagons train and another day to reach the troops that is why the army can not march more than 2 days away from the bakery.

-This is the reason why they called "5 day March regulation".
    - -They can cover 140-160 km in 7 day. 20 km / day....that should be 12 miles / day --- Edited
    [-They can cover 140-160 km in 7 day. 20 km / day....that should be 32 miles / day ---- WRONG]

Second
    In case no on know, changing turn will not effect the event.
    Last edited by Nathayut; March 23, 2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Edited typo

Ok, new small discovery. If you change the turns per year to 3 and change the summer in the file just after to say winter. The game start in winter and you get 2 summer and 1 winter per year. I still dont get why.

I think that is an acceptable solution for me right now.
    How exactly do I do this?

I've never done any hex editing before; I just used Just's new feature where you just turns per year without entering any files directly.
    Thnaks in advance

Just, could you add change from summer to winter in your editor, that way less keen on hex editing can start in winter and get winter, summer, summer and the winter again.

As stated you change the summer just after to winter.

Just, could you add change from summer to winter in your editor, that way less keen on hex editing can start in winter and get winter, summer, summer and the winter again.

Heehe i think im one of those, less able than keen

Read through all the threads, i can hex edit to make it wateva turns but how you change summer to winter is sadly beyond me.

Also Matte and pple you may want to lok at this AI mod, it claims to have made ai invade a bit ....
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239042

JohnHamm's Avatar Civis

Double post
    Last edited by JohnHamm; March 23, 2009 at 06:43 AM.
    John W. Hamm

If you like what I post +REP
    and I'll do the same for you!!

JohnHamm's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere SOG View Post
    Given that 20miles per day was pretty common as well.
    I was going by the web pages I found that discussed Napoleons Battles and his ability to move his army's faster than everyone else both sources said his army's did in fact move about 20 miles per day but it also said the average army moved 8-10 miles per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathayut View Post
    First

Each troops carry 3 day of breads, the army supply train have 6 day of bread and bakery train accompany the army have flour enough to make bread for 9 days. So the army will have food for 9 days without bakery and 18 days with bakery.

For 20K army, the army need 200 carriage carring flour (not including bakery building materials and bakery supply). When the army stop, the baker will build the bakery...which takes 3-4 days.

1st day - 4 th day : March
    5th day : Bakery to be build and start baking (during this time, army can not march more than 2 days away from ther bakery)
    9th day : The army have enough food

It takes, 1 day to put all bread into the wagons train and another day to reach the troops that is why the army can not march more than 2 days away from the bakery.

-This is the reason why they called "5 day March regulation".
    -They can cover 140-160 km in 7 day. 20 km / day....that should be 32 miles / day

Second
    In case no on know, changing turn will not effect the event.
    Your is the first refrence I have seen that say's that many Miles in a day, 20 was the max i found and like I said above that was Napoleon. I understand that on some occasion's they certainly marched faster and further, but I was talking about averages here. and all the sources I found said the "AVERAGE" was 8-10.

But I guess it stands to reason no matter what your talking about there is always that one person out there that has to point out the exception to the rule, as though it were common in all cases.

I also have to point out that in my experience of roads marches carrying 60 -80 lbs on my back at a time (and believe me I have several years of this.) I would have to say at a fast pace 20 was about max.
    Last edited by JohnHamm; March 23, 2009 at 06:43 AM.
    John W. Hamm

If you like what I post +REP
    and I'll do the same for you!!

i second this! that would be awesome.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Ye i hate winter and would prefer summer way more. 3 turns per year with 2 summers, please.

Weird, my counter must have frozen, I put a 4 instead of 2 for 4 turns per year, but I'm 11 turns in on my hannover campaign and it's still 1702. Anyone know how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHamm View Post
    I was going by the web pages I found that discussed Napoleons Battles and his ability to move his army's faster than everyone else both sources said his army's did in fact move about 20 miles per day but it also said the average army moved 8-10 miles per day.

Your is the first refrence I have seen that say's that many Miles in a day, 20 was the max i found and like I said above that was Napoleon. I understand that on some occasion's they certainly marched faster and further, but I was talking about averages here. and all the sources I found said the "AVERAGE" was 8-10.

But I guess it stands to reason no matter what your talking about there is always that one person out there that has to point out the exception to the rule, as though it were common in all cases.

I also have to point out that in my experience of roads marches carrying 60 -80 lbs on my back at a time (and believe me I have several years of this.) I would have to say at a fast pace 20 was about max.
    Do you know why it is more than 20 miles? Because I typed it. 1 Miles = 1.6 KM...so 20 KM is around ----------------------- 12 Miles.

(The info came from a 18 century drill instruction.)
    Last edited by Nathayut; March 23, 2009 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorkenlol View Post
    Weird, my counter must have frozen, I put a 4 instead of 2 for 4 turns per year, but I'm 11 turns in on my hannover campaign and it's still 1702. Anyone know how to fix it?
    The game starts in 1700, so at turn 5 you get 1701, at 9 you get 1702 and at 13 you get 1703.

Also, when you load a game time might go back to the first turn of the season you were in, so saving and loading can add more turns in a year.

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

how to set 4 turns per year??
    thx
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

First post of the thread, get the turns editor and change the savegame or campagin you want to change.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast