Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: R-Texture Project (GREAT BRITAIN IS NEXT!)

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: R-Texture Project

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    Are the British Red Coats actually called British Red Coats in game?
    No, just Linemen.

Just so you guys don't think I'm dead, I'm still working on things.

I found this new love for Russia while playing online. So decided to work on skinning them.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I still need to make the colors a little more pale, and fix the straps. Then do a few more tweaks, then I'll release it. I plan to do a full Russian re-texture soon also.

I understand the colors look a bit bright, just bare with me.
    Last edited by Remo; March 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM.

Looks nice, you got skills!

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Just so you guys don't think I'm dead, I'm still working on things.

I found this new love for Russia while playing online. So decided to work on skinning them.

I still need to make the colors a little more pale, and fix the straps. Then do a few more tweaks, then I'll release it. I plan to do a full Russian re-texture soon also.

I understand the colors look a bit bright, just bare with me.
    Very much looking forward to these. I've held off on playing as Russian because they're kind of... ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlander View Post
    Very much looking forward to these. I've held off on playing as Russian because they're kind of... ugly.
    CA got the russian colors fairly close. Though, I am going with Peter the Great's army textures.

UPDATE!

New russian linemen textures uploaded in first post.

Ignore the horrible graphics in the SS, Like usual I'm too lazy to turn them on high. Anyone who wants to take a much prettier screenshot can, and I'll use it instead.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Remo, thanks a lot for you modding efforts and your willingness to share it with your fellow gamers! My favourites so far are the Spanish, French and Dutch Line infantry. Particularly the latter, they come across as rather hardy, no nonsense troops, and look very nice next to their flag. Much appreciated!

The change to the Russian Line Infantry is also very welcomed. I wonder if you could try something there for me. Being somewhat of an artist myself, but without tools to work on computer files like you do, I'd go for an even closer resemblance to the painted picture in post #82, adding that contrasting little dark blue handkerchief or whatever round their necks, and brightening the lace on their hats to better match their white socks. I think with those changes we would have a quite unique ACE looking unit in the Russian army. What do you think?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Remo, thanks a lot for you modding efforts and your willingness to share it with your fellow gamers! My favourites so far are the Spanish, French and Dutch Line infantry. Particularly the latter, they come across as rather hardy, no nonsense troops, and look very nice next to their flag. Much appreciated!

The change to the Russian Line Infantry is also very welcomed. I wonder if you could try something there for me. Being somewhat of an artist myself, but without tools to work on computer files like you do, I'd go for an even closer resemblance to the painted picture in post #82, adding that contrasting little dark blue handkerchief or whatever round their necks, and brightening the lace on their hats to better match their white socks. I think with those changes we would have a quite unique ACE looking unit in the Russian army. What do you think?
    Drawing the (Kneckerchief isn't it?) would require more than just my ability to draw. The current textures follow very strict rules as to how the shaders are placed and how it wraps around the model.

Currently, redoing the textures 100% differently from the original would still leave small shadows outlining where the "Old" textures would have been. In spite of what many people think, we can't "Completely" edit every detail of the textures to our liking. There is a certain way the coats fits on the model, and a certain way the cuffs of the coat are placed, etc. etc. Granted we can come pretty darn close to what we are going for.

As for the white trim around the hats, I'll be sure to make that fix when I release the full reskins.

Thank you for you're kind words, I only try to do my part.
    Last edited by Remo; March 26, 2009 at 05:49 AM.

I downloaded a bunch of these skins, but they haven't changed, what do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by bobkat View Post
    I downloaded a bunch of these skins, but they haven't changed, what do I do?
    Did you put them in the right folder?

put them in the data folder and when told to put the script line into the script folder

Quote Originally Posted by bobkat View Post
    put them in the data folder and when told to put the script line into the script folder
    Script line? There is no script line for my mods.

Its a simple drag and drop of the file into the Data folder and it automatically works.

Remo i really like your russian skins but when i follow direction nothing changes any advise?

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

@Remo - pity about the "kneckerchief" issue. It would have been great to see those Russians wearing them. Like your plan for their hats, though.

@Lordhedgwich - I had no problem installing Remo's Russian Line Infantry as adviced. Copy the file into ETW's data folder, that's all. I did have problem installing Fjodin's version, however. Never got round to fix that.

Edit: @Remo - hey, what about colouring that white or grey piece of cloth seen inside their collars dark blue then? Wouldn't that be possible, as a nice patch of colour contrast nearly true to their historical appearance?
    Last edited by Demokritos; March 27, 2009 at 03:34 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

very nice anyway you could do the american line inf?

just would like a nice recolor
    Last edited by «Ŵesleƴ»; March 27, 2009 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    @Remo - pity about the "kneckerchief" issue. It would have been great to see those Russians wearing them. Like your plan for their hats, though.

@Lordhedgwich - I had no problem installing Remo's Russian Line Infantry as adviced. Copy the file into ETW's data folder, that's all. I did have problem installing Fjodin's version, however. Never got round to fix that.

Edit: @Remo - hey, what about colouring that white or grey piece of cloth seen inside their collars dark blue then? Wouldn't that be possible, as a nice patch of colour contrast nearly true to their historical appearance?
    Blue tie/neckchief/thingy anyone?

It's not finished yet, needs to be brightened a bit and made a tad thicker. I also don't know why that white bleeds through some of my textures, on the knee and on the neckerchief, sometimes on the hat it does it. It's kind of odd but if you see out of place white dots in my screenshots some times just ignore them, they don't normally show up ingame, it's probably a setting I have that does it.

Moving right along...

UPDATE:
    Last edited by Remo; March 27, 2009 at 01:01 PM.

hey Remo, ive downloaded your redcoats reskin. they're great!

dont know if this has already been asked, but, will you be reskinning all of the british infantry to get rid of that horrid bright blue?

sorry if that's too much to ask!

Remo i love your russian skins i finally got them to work idk why they didnt work the first time i tried.. anyway to get to the point have you noticed while playing as the russians that they don't shoulder their arms? instead they carry them like untrained peasnts.. is there a reason for this?

Quote Originally Posted by J3llyf1sh View Post
    hey Remo, ive downloaded your redcoats reskin. they're great!

dont know if this has already been asked, but, will you be reskinning all of the british infantry to get rid of that horrid bright blue?

sorry if that's too much to ask!
    I would love to reskin them!

Thing is I am trying to play as much as a mod. I have this habit of getting games and modding them yet never actually playing them. Oblivion isa good example, I spent like two weeks making mods and adding mods but not once did I play the bloody game.

So I will be a bit slower than most of the modders, and I won't be the best modder either. Things will get done but only when I find time to do them.

I wish I could be faster but I am holding myself to playing the game as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhedgwich
    Remo i love your russian skins i finally got them to work idk why they didnt work the first time i tried.. anyway to get to the point have you noticed while playing as the russians that they don't shoulder their arms? instead they carry them like untrained peasnts.. is there a reason for this?
    I believe CA made them to be more like untrained soldiers. Its the reason why they have the worst stats as linemen in the game. They may have nice matching uniforms, but they are by no means drilled as well as say the British Linemen.

This is of course a error on CA's part. Russians were trained well after Peter the Great started to lead.

Just another example of CA's horrible histoical research.

If you boys enjoy my skins feel free to +rep me, and play to my allready large ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    I would love to reskin them!

Thing is I am trying to play as much as a mod. I have this habit of getting games and modding them yet never actually playing them. Oblivion isa good example, I spent like two weeks making mods and adding mods but not once did I play the bloody game.

So I will be a bit slower than most of the modders, and I won't be the best modder either. Things will get done but only when I find time to do them.

I wish I could be faster but I am holding myself to playing the game as much as possible.
    haha thats fair enough. definitely a game to play!

the only gripe i have with all of the re-textures (not just from you) are that the command group (drummer captain and flagbearer) are still vanilla. but not too noticeable anyway

thanks again!