Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: R-Texture Project (GREAT BRITAIN IS NEXT!)

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: R-Texture Project

Glad you guys are enjoying it.

Now.....For my next big project. Anyone have any suggestions on which faction that would be?

Skyline Pete's Avatar Senator

While I don't fancy them too much myself, perhaps go with the United Provinces so that we can be rid of that incredibly BAD neon blue uniform.
    I see you've redone their line inf, perhaps start off by modifying their faction colour to the same one as your line inf, release that to bring all textures away from retina burning blue and then work on the actual textures at a more leisurely rate?

Also I just want to say that I appreciate you sticking to retextures only and not adding in custom units!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline Pete View Post
    While I don't fancy them too much myself, perhaps go with the United Provinces so that we can be rid of that incredibly BAD neon blue uniform.
    I see you've redone their line inf, perhaps start off by modifying their faction colour to the same one as your line inf, release that to bring all textures away from retina burning blue and then work on the actual textures at a more leisurely rate?

Also I just want to say that I appreciate you sticking to retextures only and not adding in custom units!
    Yea, I cant stand texture mods that start turning into single player only mods.

All my mods are made to work with multiplayer as I'm an avid online player.

Thank you remo for all the work your have done keep it up

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

There's a really nice looking complete-overhaul coming out for the Dutch that includes Remo's line infantry, so I say pass on the UP for now. Hmmm decisions decisions... might I suggest Poland-Lithuania? They've received little attention (really only one reskin, a nice looking line infantry but that's it), so a complete retexture of the faction would receive a ton of well-deserved attention.

That being said, there's nothing inherently wrong with the Poles (Like the Dutch neon for example), but their red scheme is pretty plain, and could look a lot nicer IMO.

Dutch really need attention given their Neon Color.

Poland-Lithuania could use it, although it's not as bad.

Maratha are okay, their problems I have are more with wonky LODs (Hindu Musketeer's randomly switching from long to short sleeve, and their Silidar lancers changing models completely when up close).

I wouldn't mind Austria, but they aren't in pressing need like Poland or the Dutch.

I say Dutch for now.

These are the Dutch uniforms I referenced using Remo's Line:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=241923

I still vote for Poland, since it would be an exclusive retexture. However, given Remo's previous work, he really can't go wrong. I'd take whatever he offers

I suggest you complete the lowland warriors....

Welcome to the Regalia of Nations team Remo!

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    These are the Dutch uniforms I referenced using Remo's Line:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=241923

I still vote for Poland, since it would be an exclusive retexture. However, given Remo's previous work, he really can't go wrong. I'd take whatever he offers
    Yea, decided to do Austria next, screenshots are to follow, Poland might be right after it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger86 View Post
    I suggest you complete the lowland warriors....
    Who are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Welcome to the Regalia of Nations team Remo!
    YAY!!!!

Austria line Teaser, don't know why they are turning out so bright, the bloom CA used is HORRIBLE.

Anyways, very basic just like their uniforms were.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Austria is a bit bland compared to most of the other factions. Though I won't mind doing them as much. I really wish I could work my way around CA's bad normal maps to create my own working ones, unfornantly they used a different program to make the normals and I have no clue what it was.

I have no idea what any of that "normal map" talk means, but they look great! Can't wait to see more

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    I have no idea what any of that "normal map" talk means, but they look great! Can't wait to see more
    Normal maps are the things that make the textures stand out. Basically putting the bumps and depth in, lets say a brick wall for instance.

It's basically a type of shadow that is static(Non moving) instead of dynamic(Moving) used to give more depth to a texture.

Without Normal Mapping(Left)
    With Normal Mapping(Right)

Oh alright I see Remo. So what you want to do is change the like physical texture of the clothes and faces on your troops, and not just the colors?

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

very nice job, but would love some maratha's too

Ya the normal map is annoying. It makes it so you can still see the previous uniform underneath if you're all the way zoomed in on highest quality and the sun is shining bright. Sort of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Ya the normal map is annoying. It makes it so you can still see the previous uniform underneath if you're all the way zoomed in on highest quality and the sun is shining bright. Sort of annoying.
    I can actually get around it now, and make my own normal maps.

Nice! That should help a lot. I remember downloading a unit skin that changed officers to having no beards, but zoomed in they still had a semi-visible skin colored beard Also Regalia should be hearing about Hosted Mod status any day now.

Cheshire Cat's Avatar Civis

Nice work Remo love the prussian Uhlans and LI...

Just a quick question if anyone can answer in the battle of waterloo when Wellington is waiting for the Prussians to arrive on the field one of his men spots an army approaching he asks the man whether its french blue or prussian black , did they where black or dark blue always confuses me that one?.