Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kwahrezm Empire - too powerful

Default Kwahrezm Empire - too powerful

Hi All,

Im new on this forum and first of all sorry for my english.

I'm great fan of all Total War saga since Shogun.

Now I testing Stainless Steel mod about one week and playing 8 hours per day.Thank u guys for this great mod but nothing is perfect.

Now it is second my game at earlier campaign SS 6.2 with this newest mod compilation patch from 8 Mar.
    First game I was playing Poland second Bizantium and in both games Kwarezm Empire was too powerful.This nation haven't any natural foes and many sovereign provinces nearly.30 turns and there are most powerful reign in the game with a lot of provinces.ca 20.In both games they are smash Turks from map in 60-100 turn .When Mongols coming 30 turns later I was recieve information that they are destroyed... second time...

Solution is many ,give them Cumans and Turks as a natural foes.Change map and made less much bigger and less profitable provinces nearly.Or maybe put one more nation more between Kwarezm and Mameluks or upgrade Mongols.

I was playing VH/VH and won first campaign and now I was playing as Byzantium ca. 150 turn.
    Last edited by Ponti; March 17, 2009 at 07:56 AM.

Default Re: Kwahrezm Empire - too powerful

The Kwahrezm are really powerful even in my game. Even fighting them yourself is hard since they spam their imperial guards on me which are basically Fatimid generals.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by henyo10 View Post
    The Kwahrezm are really powerful even in my game. Even fighting them yourself is hard since they spam their imperial guards on me which are basically Fatimid generals.
    Everything has an opposite.

Kwahrezm are almost unbeatable in this region in every game especially when U are playing in other corner of map .I'm affraid more than Kwahrezm is coming than Mongols because Mongols have any chance at early campaign to beat them

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Well you know what they say......"If you can't beat them...Join them"....

Yes, well I play Byzantuim I tremble with fear at the thought of Jihads called on "The Great City". In my games that means two or three stacks of well mixed top tier K-Shah headed my way.... This ain't "Broken Crescent" Baby...K-Shah rules thae roost round here...Ya Buddy...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Yes I playing Bizantium too and have also Jihad against capitol but greek fire;walls ; varangian guards and mortatois archers (I love them ) give me good advantage I was beat all of them but Kwarhezm send against me 4 armies.Now I end 150 turns and Kwahrezm beat Turks Cumans;half of Mamluks and have ca 50 provinces.They are beat Mongols easily

Look at first 50 turns.Moors are leaders very often at the beginning and they are lost with power ,production and people to Kwahrezm at next turns.Kwahrezm not fighting with others nations just conquer a lot of sovereign cities.
    Last edited by Ponti; March 17, 2009 at 09:24 AM.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Ponti View Post
    Yes I playing Bizantium too and have also Jihad against capitol but greek fire;walls ; varangian guards and mortatois archers (I love them ) give me good advantage I was beat all of them but Kwarhezm send against me 4 armies.Now I end 150 turns and Kwahrezm beat Turks Cumans;half of Mamluks and have ca 50 provinces.They are beat Mongols easily

Look at first 50 turns.Moors are leaders very often at the beginning and they are lost with power ,production and people to Kwahrezm at next turns.Kwahrezm not fighting with others nations just conquer a lot of sovereign cities.
    Yes I concur. Once K-Shah conquers Persia they start to become a real pain. But as you have atested to a Capable player playing a Magestic faction such as Byzantium will always have the situation well in hand...

Yes...The poor Moors really get the raw end of the deal...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

That's right.I'm ally of Kinght Templars from the beginning of game and give them from time to time 10000 to 20000 florins to give Islam nation a "big problem" and province by province conquer Kwahrezm (older Turks provinces)

You'll never walk alone

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Kkwaresm empire was a real superpower in it's time!
    They compined the Arabic and steppe way of warfare with the clasic Sassanid one!!!
    Historically they were allies with Romans(byzantines) for a number of reasons...
    But a game is a game and they are my worst nightmare....in my late campaign....
    But talking about Jihads...

The Khwaresmian ellite infantrymen but mostly their ellite cavalry ones are realy a great danger!

They are the only ones i can not stop them to reach my walls!!!!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; March 17, 2009 at 09:56 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

kwarezim are rly strong yes.. main reason cuz they start in good area.. high pop cities good trading.. and area is huge.. there are so many rebel cities for taking.. after that.. they have strong army, cumans t3-t5 is same as kwarezim t2.. pretty much.. so they cant beat them even if they want it.. cumans cant beat anyone for that matter

turks always get beaten too easily , mostly because its bizantine in one side kwarezim on other

I agreed that Kwrezehm was superpower at that time.Even when they fought against Czyngis Chan they have biggest army than Mongols but Mongols beat them easily.Maybe it is solution to not give them Mercenaries at their terrains and made Kwarezhm army without powerful.units.I playing with M:TW two years and Mongols invasion it was always something..Challenge to beat them - to beat the best 10 stars generals with superb units.With that powerful Kwarezhm it is impossible even to meet them

I was give some solution.Maybe to change the map or give them some natural foe.Cumans for example was the best for natural Kwarezh foe.Turks have no chance to good east developing and conquering due to war with Byzantium and Templars.
    Last edited by Ponti; March 17, 2009 at 09:59 AM.

i love plying as Kwarezmian especially vs the mongols in early !
    turks usually get tossed aside by Egypt in my games

Agreed Aranu that Kwarezmians are playable and they have some disadvantages due to Mongols invasion but some balance is necessary I think.

Maybe the best solution is give more provinces in Arabic Peninsula to Mameluks and Baghdad and other Caucasian for Turks or change number of provinces give them less population and bad trade.
    Last edited by Ponti; March 17, 2009 at 10:06 AM.

I'm playing as the Turk (VH/VH 6.2) and I wiped out Kwarezmian, Byzantine, Knight Templar
    I'm also kicking Fatimid, Cuman and Hungary's ass
    It's turn 80 and I'm still waiting to kick Mongol's ass
    I'm losing my patience...

Lol.. the mongols will be ther kevin. Anyway.. I havent found the Kwarezmians to be that powerful. Most of the time they seem to lose cities and their royal family to rebellion. That prince has no loyalty whatsoever. The do alright but the mongols always seem to take half their kingdom and then fight out a war of attrition just south of the persian sea. Then the Fatimids come in from behind and crush em? Is it because i am playing closer to the kwarezmians as the kievan rus that i am somehow throwing off their expansion? I always ally with the cumans to provide myself with a nice buffer from the mongols and tims.. That seems to stop the Kwarez dead in their tracks i guess. They have only survived long enough for me to break them with my armies once.

i never saw anyone rebel tbh.. well i saw just once that one cuman town became rebell town.. or was it 2 towns.. but that was about it..

never saw kwarezim rebell,

and we aint exactly speaking as playing against kwarezim.. , not that kinda of balance.. rather balance of ai vs ai..

Exactly ,Kwarezhm need balance AI vs AI not when human playing aganst them.

Dunno, ussualy at all late games persians are killed by mongols.Maybe is 6.2.
    And dont worry most of time byzzies and islam factions dominate all aspects, economy, military, everything.Dunno.I will try templars to see again the situation on RR.

I am saying though that they only survived long enough to be defeated by me once. Before that they are usually wiped out by a 1-2 punch from the mongols and the Fatimids. Both are AI vs. AI.. Lol i cant stand either of those two factions. But is my alliance with Cumans throwing off their expansion to become the great power that apparently they can become?

Hey AnthoniusII

Just wondering but uh did you keep the city or did you lose it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast