Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

Default Re: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

I have the mod and I think it is great and I was playing online and the guy on the other team was playing as Scotland, and someone else as Ireland.... i was like wtf how do u play minor factions online and they didn tell me

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by rubenid dynasty View Post
    I have the mod and I think it is great and I was playing online and the guy on the other team was playing as Scotland, and someone else as Ireland.... i was like wtf how do u play minor factions online and they didn tell me
    well it seems they found a way to be those factions online i am sure its a matter of modding. anyways you cant be those factions in the campaign right now. you can only be the ones that have land in the 1700 campaign.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by rubenid dynasty View Post
    There is an all faction mod for custom battles... presumably that means that they can play online with emergent factions, since the CTD comes at the start of a campaign. Search the forum for the mod...

Is this mod compatible with the patch released on March 25th?

Report on the scripting.lua

Placed the file under campains->main

Tried starting a game as 13 colonies, game freezed in the year of 1706. Tried again and then it freezed in late 1703.

Great work on the mod though

Playing as Georgia, my gentlemen can't duel. Probably a known issue but I just started using this mod. If it is known, is there a fix?

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwolf View Post
    Report on the scripting.lua

Placed the file under campains->main

Tried starting a game as 13 colonies, game freezed in the year of 1706. Tried again and then it freezed in late 1703.

Great work on the mod though
    Did you try the updated Scripting.lua file I posted a page or two back? That should solve the problem.

Cheers.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Landwalker View Post
    Most of them, I believe, do not, and just have the same "generic roster" than the Netherlands has (presumably sans fluyts). I believe that the American protectorates use the same roster as their "overlords" -- at least, I know that this is the case for the Thirteen Colonies. I also know that the 13 Colonies spawns agents completely normally.

Cheers.
    Also Portugal has the full Spanish roster including Galleons and guerrillas, and Louisiana has the full French roster. For that matter, Jaegers are available to some of the small German factions....

i found this thread if you like to include emergent nations as playable
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242764

Quote Originally Posted by jumong View Post
    i found this thread if you like to include emergent nations as playable
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242764
    FINALLY! huzza! a mod update with ALL FACTIONS coming to us soon i bet! quick come out with the update and beat that other mod that copies this one.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Umm... you do realise that a mod making all emergent factions available at once via startpos.esf would be... well... strange? Actually, you'd need a startpos for each emergent faction that's made playable. Don't forget - each faction needs a region to be playable, and making all available at once would strip the existing powers of a lot of landmass...

A solution that'd give the emergent faction that the player chose to play it's region on campaign start via a script, instead of having all emergents in possession of their respective regions on campaign start would be better.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

i imagine new spain losing 2/3 of their landmass to mexico and gran colombia

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzerfreund View Post
    A solution that'd give the emergent faction that the player chose to play it's region on campaign start via a script, instead of having all emergents in possession of their respective regions on campaign start would be better.
    Another idea i thought of on emergants is treat it a bit like a rebellion. Say your playing Britain and Scotland rebels, Player is asked does he side with the Brits or the rebel scots. If you go the scots the ai takes over Britain and you become Scotland with one hell of a fight for survuival on your hands. If you stay British then it just another pesky rebellion you can crush.

That would be the perfect solution, Dogmeat. It would make the emergent factions available without bending history around up it's own arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    Another idea i thought of on emergants is treat it a bit like a rebellion. Say your playing Britain and Scotland rebels, Player is asked does he side with the Brits or the rebel scots. If you go the scots the ai takes over Britain and you become Scotland with one hell of a fight for survuival on your hands. If you stay British then it just another pesky rebellion you can crush.
    i just had the same thought. great minds think alike yes?

I can now confirm that the issue about certain nations not being able to propose alliances is not bound to being a protectorate. I've just changed Courland from a protectorate of Poland into a mere ally, and the diplomacy option to propose an alliance to anyone is still not there.
    There must be another option.

Oh, by the way, of course changing the protectorship into another diplomatic status may help with the mission issue. Note also that there are sections in startpos.esf that may contain mission info; at least there is a branch called missions!

As a player of your "Late Campaign" mod I have to say I'll probabaly be moving to this, unless there's any major advantages the Late Campaign gives me. Only a few things to ask, as I'd like to muck with them myself, if possible...

Is the issue with not being able to spawn gentlemen and rakes as certain civs fixed? My favorite empire is so far the Cherokee because it's an uphill battle all the way - but without rakes or gentlemen there's a lot of the game that's not there.

Do we know where the offsets for tech trees and buildings you can make are? Back to my Cherokee game, I was unable to build any schools, and unable to do any tech research. Uphill battles are one thing, but not being able to research anything meant that after taking a whole lot of land, even booting the 13 colonies into dead, I was counter-rushed by the new, technologically upgraded French and died.

is it possible to have a revolution with the 13 colonies? ive tried but they just take over my country, instead of giving me an option to side with the rebels, i want the american flag and the blue uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by Zin3dineZidane10 View Post
    is it possible to have a revolution with the 13 colonies? ive tried but they just take over my country, instead of giving me an option to side with the rebels, i want the american flag and the blue uniforms
    there are a few people still trying to figure that out.

I can't find the /campaigns/ directory. Anyone know where it is? I'm such a noob