Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

I would suggest trying a few of the small factions for fun. like i said, Bavaria is an extremely fun campaign as they have pretty much the full tree and in an interesting position in Europe.

which is more fun? the late campaign or the early campaign?

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Landwalker View Post
    I've uploaded a temporary and messy stop-gap measure to Rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/212543558/scripting.lua

Replace your current campaigns/main/scripting.lua file with this one. The upside is that it will prevent the freezes caused by colonial handovers to European "owner" nations in the cases of New Spain, Louisiana, and the Thirteen Colonies when you are playing one of those factions. The downside is that it will also prevent colonial handovers when you aren't playing those factions. With this file, France will never assimilate Louisiana, Spain will not assimilate New Spain, and Britain will not assimilate the Thirteen Colonies, not matter what faction you're playing as. Obviously, if it annoys you that they assimilate their colonies to begin with, this won't be a problem for you.
    I have found a way to keep the assimilation feature if that is what you want. I used the original scripting.lua file and played until the freeze (1707 usually for Louisiana) while saving the game every couple of years or so. Then I used the above file (the download able one in Landwalker's post) to replace the original scripting.lua and I loaded a save game from just before the crash, and got through 1707 just fine - except that New Spain and the 13 Colonies each belonged to their respective European mother countries.

Actually, I like how New Spain handles their territory and Indian wars, so i don't think I will follow up on this save anyway, but if it something that matters to you, then I thought you (any interested party) should know that it is possible to allow the parent countries to retain their colonies in the normal fashion if you switch the script files and keep your saves...

Edit - I also suggest Bavaria - it is possible with Austrian military access to invade northern Italy and take Venice,savoy, and Genoa in the early game without destroying any of those respective factions. That gives you enough territory and power to compete against the German powers (Austria and Prussia) and perhaps rewrite history a little bit...
    Last edited by Irishmafia2020; March 24, 2009 at 09:33 AM.

Is there a way to get more land units when playing as Barbary states ? i only got camels and militia.. maybe its possible to take the land units from Persia and put them in barbary states.. just a thought

Hi.. I can't unpack this mod.. It says some files are missing. I'm using WinRar.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Could anyone tell me why I dont have a FOW when I play as poland, but when I play as Indian nation or other county i have a FOW ?

EDIT.
    All main nations dont have a FOW. ALL small nations have FOW ? Why ?

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

not sure Niukta, just hit L and pick an army and move it. It will get rid of the FoW.

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by profilezero View Post
    Is there a way to get more land units when playing as Barbary states ? i only got camels and militia.. maybe its possible to take the land units from Persia and put them in barbary states.. just a thought
    Should be the Ottomans then if any, considering how the Barbary states are a protectorate of the Ottomans

I'm talking about FOW is turned on or off on strategic map.

Icon10 Re: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

Could you try implement Norway into the Mod Deadly? It would greatly appreciated

What is the diference between this and the other mod to unlock all factions? Sorry if this has been asked before.

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by SpyHunter View Post
    Could you try implement Norway into the Mod Deadly? It would greatly appreciated
    This cant be done currently i am sure they are working on it but emergent factions CANT be done right now.

Quote Originally Posted by django333 View Post
    What is the diference between this and the other mod to unlock all factions? Sorry if this has been asked before.
    This mod is less crashy if you know what i mean.

Hmpf. Neither of the links in the first post works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    no. most of the minor factions dont have the necessary buildings required to research alot of tech. Especially military wise. It makes it alot more challenging but can be annoying as i am in my 10th turn in my Dagestan campaign and i cant research anything besides some agriculture and government. Bavaria is the only minor faction i have played that gave me almost the full tech tree options.
    I thought I read somewhere that you just had to capture a region that has the appropriate building to be able to research the unavailable tech. I just started a campaign as Georgia and I can't research any military techs. What kind of building would allow military research? I have a Military Governor's Barracks in my capital. I can't imagine trying to take on Russia or the Ottoman Empire without rank fire.

I thought I read somewhere that you just had to capture a region that has the appropriate building to be able to research the unavailable tech. I just started a campaign as Georgia and I can't research any military techs. What kind of building would allow military research? I have a Military Governor's Barracks in my capital. I can't imagine trying to take on Russia or the Ottoman Empire without rank fire.
    This is correct. I just destroyed United Provinces as Hannover and can now research the full tech tree.
    A minor observation I've made though, is that the minor nations do not function fully in other aspects. When destroying a nation, you do not get at "nation destroyed" message and I've not gotten any new gentlemen or rakes. Not exacly any serious issues, but something to look into in future updates perhaps?

Not getting faction destroyed messages is minor. Not spawning rakes and gents could be a huge problem once you really start to expand. I did however have a new gent spawn as Georgia. And it happend when I still only held one region. So now I have two gents and only one school and region. Gents spawning seems pretty random anyway. Do the minor factions have full rosters?

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    I would suggest trying a few of the small factions for fun. like i said, Bavaria is an extremely fun campaign as they have pretty much the full tree and in an interesting position in Europe.
    Can you reform the Holy Roman Empire when playing Bavaria (or do anything like that when playing a minor nation) ??

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

Not getting faction destroyed messages is minor. Not spawning rakes and gents could be a huge problem once you really start to expand. I did however have a new gent spawn as Georgia. And it happend when I still only held one region. So now I have two gents and only one school and region. Gents spawning seems pretty random anyway. Do the minor factions have full rosters?

Most of them, I believe, do not, and just have the same "generic roster" than the Netherlands has (presumably sans fluyts). I believe that the American protectorates use the same roster as their "overlords" -- at least, I know that this is the case for the Thirteen Colonies. I also know that the 13 Colonies spawns agents completely normally.

Cheers.

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianNecrophiliac View Post
    Can you reform the Holy Roman Empire when playing Bavaria (or do anything like that when playing a minor nation) ??
    As far as i know there are NO special events for the small factions you cant play in the unmodded version of E:TW. But you can use your imagination and reform it.