Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

Default Re: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

To solve the 13 Colonies becoming the United States problem, through revolution, I think we need to look at the triggers script for the revolutions and just how its made up and then see if it can be copied, I'd try this myself but I can't seem to find the script and I'm not that good at modding such complex files

Could it be that the usa revolted aginst GB and not the 13 colones?

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Could it be that the usa revolted against GB and not the 13 colones?
    No, because when the rebels I got spawned took hold of one of my cities, they suddenly became the United States. The problem is making that American rebellion into an early American revolution.

maybe if we altered the startpos.esf file? How do you open that file anyway?

♔Charles the Bold♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Is this save compatable.

I have only seen the US form when I have killed britain after they have assimilated the 13C.
    It doesnt happen if they havent assimilated them.
    Also I have taken them before on the GC without them turning into the US at any point, so i find it unlikely that they become the US from a defensive war, more likely it was just a revolt in which case they would have lost control of the region.

I dont believe the 13C will have any way to turn into the US and still have control over it.

It would be awesome if you could put in that in the event that the 13C are no longer a british protectorate, or if they are at war with britain that they turn into the US. I dont know anything about coding so I have no idea if its even possible, but it would be awesome

Also, I was wondering, when you kill a nation like Britain, their island colonies in america join the pirates. How would this affect the game if a human player was the pirtaes? Would they gain the Islands, would it cause a error, or would they be sepperatly controlled pirtaes?? :s

I want to play as more factions than just the 12, but I dont like the idea of playing with glitches like it freezing on some other countries turn, or the fog of war playing tricks etc, lest my flat feel the wrath of my anger when the game refuses to perform as i believe it should

@landwalker

i came to the conclusion that you are not be able to get a "real" revolution with any of the minor factions. with real i mean the option to side with the rebells.

but if there is a way to turn the 13colonies to a major faction via modding, i think you could get the chance to side with the rebells (USA)

DeadlyBlowfish's Avatar Tiro

r0x, not at all, I've had several "real" revolutions with minor factions.
    IMPORTANT:
    If you wish to use, modify, build on or do just about anything to or with any of my mods, feel free to do whatever you want. All I ask is to have my name in the credits somewhere :-)

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Whats the update on progress?

oh and i have a stupid question? after i download and unzip the file what do i do with it? I am on vista and I have looked everywhere to try to find the empire total war program files but I cant find them :s

DOH "c:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns" thats where i install it right? lol. I hate steam
    Last edited by skuchney; March 20, 2009 at 10:22 PM.

Playing as the 13 colonies and im about 20+ turns in now have two schools and absolutely no gentlemen.........should I be expecting any anytime soon?

If someone has spawned gentlemen as a minor (or possibly the 13 colonies) please let me know.

Great mod thanks for all the effort

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

Grudge: I've had plenty of Gentlemen spawn. It's just a random crap shoot, really.

Cheers.

DeadlyBlowfish's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Charles the Bold View Post
    Is this save compatable.

currently, yes.
    IMPORTANT:
    If you wish to use, modify, build on or do just about anything to or with any of my mods, feel free to do whatever you want. All I ask is to have my name in the credits somewhere :-)

So I've downloaded every link I could for the late and expanded grand campaign and I extract them exactly as everyone has said to do so. The problem is when I start ETW its just the same ole regular game nothing seems to have changed. Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong here? I have extracted them exactly where everyone on this thread has said for them to go and clicked yes to all in over writting the files but still nothing changes when I start ETW and try to play, it's still the regular grand campaign =(
    Thanks in advance!

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Has the protectorate problem been fixed yet? I still am getting frozen with any new world protectorates at turn 13-16.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    Has the protectorate problem been fixed yet? I still am getting frozen with any new world protectorates at turn 13-16.
    you have to declare war on your host nation to break the protectorate status. after this everything should work. usually you can make peace the next turn.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

But - just as a reminder - don't forget that you still can't ask for an alliance after breaking your protectorate status. At least for the little protectorates like Courland, Saxony etc. that's still the case. Haven't looked at the colonies, so far.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

thks for the mod. but how can I add it. I d0n't find the files in my hard disk. It's everything on steam
    Could You help me?

Very cool mod. I was so disappointed that CA decided to not let the native american tribes have any sort of research, but it was still awesome to have the cherokee wipe out the euro settlers.

On the subject of the the US and 13C....a few things:
    - Playing as the 13C the US was always my "rebel" faction, uncontrollable/unchoosable by me(already stated, I know)
    - I'm guessing it's not only going to having to take editing the startpos file but also taking the 13C out completely if the US is in. In a game as Spain I controlled basically all of the americas and had the 13C couped up in Maryland on lifesupport. I used New England's 2 towns to build universities and then destroyed everything else in the region except for the schools. Then I gave NE to the 13C and wipe them outta Maryland. A couple turns later I got them the American revolutionaries to show up and capture Boston and the US was born(this was around 1730, turn 60ish), this also destroyed the 13C. Has anybody had a game with the 13C and the USA together or New Spain and Mexico for that matter?
    - Could you somehow modify a saved game like the one above or any one where a faction emerges and then edit the saved game file to change the faction control. Using the above as an example, edit the save game and change spain to CPU control and USA to user control?

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

The Colonies cannot form post-protectorate alliances, either.

Tommaso: Try looking in the Steam folder in your Program Files. The location of the files you're replacing should be something like C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\empire total war\data\campaigns (or thereabouts).

Cheers.

thks, the file to modifie is data/campaigns? into the folder campaigns I see other folders( episodic , main ) . What I have to do?
    thks tommaso

the file to unzip is a zip file ?