Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

Default Re: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

Am I the only one having serious Line of Sight issues?

When I play as Portugal, my own territory is only visible by my units. All my towns, ports, and resource structures are shrouded in FOW. I can't select them to upgrade them at all, because the game doesn't think I can even see them.

However, if I move a unit nearby and bring the town into visibility, I can select it and upgrade it.
    Proud Mentee of the one and the only:

Master of Thessus

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Varus2319 View Post
    Am I the only one having serious Line of Sight issues?

When I play as Portugal, my own territory is only visible by my units. All my towns, ports, and resource structures are shrouded in FOW. I can't select them to upgrade them at all, because the game doesn't think I can even see them.

However, if I move a unit nearby and bring the town into visibility, I can select it and upgrade it.
    This is a known problem there are a few different things you can do to fix this if you read the first page of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyBlowfish View Post
    freitach: is your copy.... legal? Campaign mods seem to struggle with pirate copies. The error just seem s odd....
    Legal copy...
    Late Campaign works fine... so bit strange

If so, would be awesome, I'd be happy to integrate them if it's wanted.

I think this thread dealt with the Victory conditions and how to set them: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234722

In what way will this affect custom battles, i.e new factions?

DeadlyBlowfish's Avatar Tiro

zowrath: Thanks

Carlton Banks: Not at all at this stage.
    IMPORTANT:
    If you wish to use, modify, build on or do just about anything to or with any of my mods, feel free to do whatever you want. All I ask is to have my name in the credits somewhere :-)

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Very nice... I will download this later....
    I am impressed that you were able to address the protectorate issue... Louisiana is one of the most enjoyable factions in the game! For that matter, New Spain has a frontier feel to it as well...

What is this about "late campaign" though? I only like to play on "world Conquest" from 1700 until i am bored (1820, or never....). Will world conquest still be an option with this mod?

Otherwise, good job!

Bloodzen's Avatar Decanus

I cant seem to get this mod to work,I downloaded the zip file and extracted into the data directory and merged in with the campaigns folder but nothing happens.Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong please

Am i the only one getting stuck on Britains turn at random turns when playing as 13 colonies? (yes im using the script file)

darkghoul: This should /not/ be the case. I will double check, however.

Edit: Are you sure that you're using the script?
    IMPORTANT:
    If you wish to use, modify, build on or do just about anything to or with any of my mods, feel free to do whatever you want. All I ask is to have my name in the credits somewhere :-)

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

To answer my own questions about the 13 Colonies from a little earlier, I downloaded the mod and decided to see what would happen. Here are my findings so far, for those interested:

Question 1) Do the 13 Colonies stay the 13 Colonies when they break their protectorateship with Great Britain?

Answer 1) Yes they do. You do not change to the United States when this happens:

To dig a little deeper, I decided to keep playing and try to trigger a revolution in my capital region of Pennsylvania after having ceased to be a protectorate. I thought that perhaps if I could cause a revolution, I could take control of the American insurgents and establish America by that route. Alas, it was not to be. Rather than a revolution, three turns of unrest in the capital region of the Thirteen Colonies causes a normal rebellion:

So, thinks I, perhaps I need to remain a British protectorate? I restart the campaign with this goal in mind, and while continuing to be a protectorate nation I again attempt to trigger a revolution in Pennsylvania. And, again, I get this:

Unfortunately, so far it doesn't look like you can use the Thirteen Colonies to form the United States simply by unlocking the 13 Colonies as a faction. However, I did notice something else during my little foray: The Thirteen Colonies have some unique "History Events" (like the "Gregorian Calendar" event for most European factions). I got one that I had never seen before during my "normal" play about the "Connecticut Collegiate" or some such.

Inspired by this glimmer of hope, my next goal will be to simply play out some of a campaign as the Thirteen Colonies, remaining as a protectorate nation, and see if I get a "Mission" that might enable me to do what I want to do. I'm also curious as to what will happen with Great Britain's mission, since it seems that after a few turns in the normal Grand Campaign, Britain, France, and Spain all spontaneously receive the rewards of their "colonial" missions despite not meeting the prerequisites. It will be interesting to see if I am suddenly annexed by Britain (which will probably crash the game), or if I get an independence mission.

Given the disappointing findings so far, the answer to the second part of my inquiry should come as no surprise:

Question 2) Does playing as the Thirteen Colonies / America allow access to the normal American unit roster?

Answer 2) As long as you remain the Thirteen Colonies, it does not. I seem to have the same roster that Britain would have if they owned my territory (colonial line infantry, Native American musketeer auxiliaries, etc.).

So that's what I've come up with so far. Next stop, just playing the campaign and hoping for a mission. If anybody has any input or ideas, I would, of course, be glad to hear them.

Cheers.

P.S. Darkghoul: So far I have not gotten stuck on Britain's turn, but I also haven't gone more than 10 turns into the campaign. I don't know for certain that this is the fault of the 13 Colonies, though, because I had a similar thing happen in my Prussian campaign before applying this mod -- about six turns in, suddenly whenever I ended turn it would get stuck on Sweden. After three or four attempts, I simply gave up the campaign, restarted as Prussia, and it worked fine after that.

Fantastic research Landwalker, +Rep
    IMPORTANT:

Just a quick update, here is the "Event" I mentioned, the Collegiate School of Connecticut (aka Yale):

And now, onward into exploration.

Cheers.

I got that event to it gets stuck around 1706-1709 for me, really weird, on 2 different saves and on different turns.

Quote Originally Posted by darkghoul View Post
    I got that event to it gets stuck around 1706-1709 for me, really weird, on 2 different saves and on different turns.
    Is it the same campaign, though, or have you tried starting over from scratch?

Cheers.

Tried from scratch.

Hmm, that bodes ill...

Have you noticed whether or not France and Spain have assimilated Louisiana and New Spain yet?

Cheers.

Landwalker: Excellent research, I'm enjoying the updates :-)

darkghoul: Yikes....

Doing a conflict check on my scripting files now. Should work for a debugging run.

Edit: Hmm.... It seems the script has a conflict somewhere (which doesn't always come into effect, it depends on various democracy issues). I'm rewriting it atm.
    Last edited by DeadlyBlowfish; March 18, 2009 at 04:20 PM.
    IMPORTANT:

@Landwalker
    Have you tried to provoke others to attack you and let then invade a city? Wasn't it something like this that can cause the thirteen colonies to become the United States in the "normal" version? Just a thought.

@DeadlyBlowfish

You could also do the same to the file in the main_2 directory, and change the starting year to 1700 and then you'd have the United States right off the bat If it is possible to change the starting year. If one wants a long campaign with the US.
    Last edited by zowrath; March 18, 2009 at 04:37 PM.

Landwalker: Excellent research, I'm enjoying the updates :-)

darkghoul: Yikes....

Doing a conflict check on my scripting files now. Should work for a debugging run.

Edit: Hmm.... It seems the script has a conflict somewhere (which doesn't always come into effect, it depends on various democracy issues). I'm rewriting it atm.
    Yeah i just reloaded one of my saves to see if it mattered me doing something differen't and could go on for 2 more turns before Britain ruined it again lol, there seems to be something triggering this problem.

@Landman nope they haven't done anything to them yet.