Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Waronmars MODS! --Spain Retexture ALL UNITS!-- PipMod -- Leather UI-- Small horse retexture!-- FRANCE RETEXTURE WIP!--

Default Re: Waronmars MODS! --Spain Retexture ALL UNITS!-- PipMod Update -- Leather UI--

Excellent work, but it alters my actual version for multiplayer. Can you fix it?. Thanks.

Default Re: Waronmars MODS! --Spain Retexture ALL UNITS!-- PipMod Update -- Leather UI--

Toon:I'll upload a non-flagswap version.

Keyser: I hope similar coloured armies aren't too much of a problem, I was looking at Portuguese army colours and they were pretty much red and white like my Spain guys :s

Hidalgo: Just create a shortcut to the mod manager and put it on your desktop. When you want to play multiplayer, run mod manager and uncheck the spainall_mod button. This will return your game to vanilla.

EDIT: Non flagswap version now up.

Get it here
    Last edited by waronmars; March 22, 2009 at 06:47 AM.
    I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse. -Charles V

My Mods- PipMod, LeatherUI, Spain Retexture+flag swap
    My website

Quote Originally Posted by waronmars View Post
    Keyser: I hope similar coloured armies aren't too much of a problem, I was looking at Portuguese army colours and they were pretty much red and white like my Spain guys :s
    Well, if you choose to reskin France, maybe using a different white might help, the uniform is often represented in a greyish tone.
    By the way before the latter regulations (end of Louis XV reign and Louis XVI were the uniforms cut was tottaly changed in the 1770's) the drap used for the uniforms was undied and often unbleached as well (it was cheaper). So that may be a pist to alter the shade of white used.

The drummers wear blue with red pants and facings and white lace (like the wallon guard) it's the french royal livery, used by various regiments, the royal écossais, the grenadiers de France, cuirassiers du roi, gardes du corps, gardes françaises...
    In fact as i said the french guards looks very similar to the spanish waloon guard. :/

Great work, dude. If only I could rep you... This has made my day ^^

Keyser: Good ideas. I think it will be alright as long as it's only a unit, not the whole army that looks the same :p

Hoplite:

I want to do a horse retexture as a break in between faction retextures, here's some info I posted in the histoury section. I didn't want to babble on about my ideas for moding too much there so I'll do it here :p

---
    Hey, I have been pretty involved with horses over the years, and I'm interested in the sort of gear that was used in the ~18th century. I'd love to see images or info you guys have on horse equipment during the period of ETW, and opinions on the accuracy of the ETW horse gear. I will use this information to make a nice horse retexture to share

Here's some that I have found.

-The cavalrymen have saddlecloths that match their uniform colours.

-The bits used are curb style bits, a very strong style of bit that would have helped direct the horse in the confusion of battle.

-Some bits have two points of attachment for reins, the higher ring, closer to the animal's mouth, is more gentle than the lower ring, which exerts leverage on the horses mouth. This is called a Pelham bit.

-Bridles all have plain cavesson nosebands, which are meant to be purely for dress, but can be tightened to keep the horse from opening it's mouth.

-Some have a crosspiece over the front of the face, this would be for show and not interfere with the action of the bit.

-Breastplates are either a single strap running between the girth straps on either side ("breastgirth"), or joined to a ring at the front, and running between the legs to join the girth under the chest.

-Girth straps are very wide, maybe made of material rather than leather. This probably would be more gentle on the horse on long marches etc.

-Most seem to have a crupper (strap that encircles the base of the tail and joins to the back of the saddle.)

-----
    war's rambling

-Need more saddle reference.
    -Won't be able to do curb bits without remodel. Just do snaffle for now I guess

To do
    -Change breastplates . Variations - chest girth, breastplate
    -Put cruppers in
    -Make saddlecloths faction colour.
    -make saddlecloths better shape - swallowtail
    -fix girth straps
    -fix bridles.
    I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse. -Charles V

My website

Default Re: Waronmars MODS! --Spain Retexture ALL UNITS!-- Battle Radar improvement 'PipMod' -- Leather UI--

Quote Originally Posted by waronmars View Post
    Lol, make it in memory of all the files I lost on that partition -_-

I'm thinking of doing a different faction recolour, I'll keep improving Spain, but I want to make it so all factions are equally awesome :p

Anyone got an opinion on which factions desperately need it? I was thinking maybe France.
    Well, Austria Prussia France and Sweden are a must.

Or you could focus on imporgin more Spain, dont know how because yoy did already a great job, maybe finding how to place regimental flags, or modeling the units not just skinning, well its just suggestions

No me saques sin raçon, no me enbaines sin honor

Icon14 Re: Waronmars MODS! --Spain Retexture ALL UNITS!-- PipMod Update -- Leather UI--

Very nice work waronmars

Wow waronmars. Thats an awesome work. I only suggests change the hats for grenadiers and walloon guars.
    Si en el frente os encontráis a un soldado mal afeitado, sucio, con las botas rotas y el uniforme desabrochado,
    cuadráos ante él, es un héroe, es un español.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Empire

I didnt find the irish regiment, you add it at last?
    Si en el frente os encontráis a un soldado mal afeitado, sucio, con las botas rotas y el uniforme desabrochado,

I find the irish but only in early date. Its awesome but ther is any option to add it also in late date??

Really nice work waronmars. I had time to play several times and congratulations mate you did it you make justice for Spain. I hope the rest of the factions will have the same luck than us with you. For summarize after play it i will only request as personal desire:

-Irish regiment in custom battle also in late era.
    -Change the hat of Grenadiers (similar as british grenadiers), Guerrilla (similar as line infantry), Corso Guerrilla (similar as spanish frontier man) and Walloon Guard (similar as british grenadiers).
    -Adding Hussars.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Waronmars, Really nice Textures I am very impressed. I noticed on the Wallon Gaurd lose their lace work from their necks and cuffs when you you zoom out a little.

Also could you change the Grenadier's skin to this image.

which from the time of the current skins you're using at the moment, around 1750
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

With all the variety in historical uniforms that people have found, would it make sense to try to stick to a particular color theme for gameplay purposes? Just for some cohesion and differentiation?

I don't know if white with red trim is taken by any other faction, but if not then consider using it consistently across Spanish units. Or a bit of yellow trim if need be. For example, white/blue could be reserved for France, so they would always look different even if both factions used white as a base color. That wouldn't have to apply to unique units like Irish regiments.

I also wonder if CA saw the occasional yellow jacket and said "well, there's all the historical basis we need." Certainly a balance has to be struck.

But overall, thanks a million! Your textures and PipMod are great.

ashesh: It's not possible to edit models yet, but when I can, I'll fix a few things . I think probably France I will do next.

kavalier: thanks!

christ1118:Thanks man. I'll probably leave new units for now, and remodel stuff when the tools are available.

st0mpa:I'm trying to keep the majority of units red/white, as below...

carlisimo:Yeah man, I've tried to stick to red/white, with only a couple of different units - Walloon Guard and Irish Regiment. That's my balance

Anyone who wants to post pics of french units, go for it!

My website

Awesome mod dude! I love skinners.

+rep

Im just figuring, but there are any possibility in the game for changing uniforms ?

I mean, has the game some mechanism for make a switch in the skin/model of the uniform for the troops ? because that would be nice too, 1700-1730 uniforms A (grneadiers, line infantry, etc) 1731-1780 uniforms B (again line infantry grenadiers, whatever you want) so this way there could be almost historical uniforms

No me saques sin raçon, no me enbaines sin honor

Skyline Pete's Avatar Senator

Any idea on what causes my officer of guards to have a hole in his chest?

Quote Originally Posted by ashesh View Post
    Im just figuring, but there are any possibility in the game for changing uniforms ?

I mean, has the game some mechanism for make a switch in the skin/model of the uniform for the troops ? because that would be nice too, 1700-1730 uniforms A (grneadiers, line infantry, etc) 1731-1780 uniforms B (again line infantry grenadiers, whatever you want) so this way there could be almost historical uniforms
    Not quite what you mean but:

Quote Originally Posted by Jams79 View Post
    You can set units to faction/gov type specific, so you could just create two versions of all the french units and have the game switch white for blue automatically when the revolution occurs.

pete:I really have no idea dude, my mod only changes textures, it shouldn't affect models at all. The musician there actually has a completely different hat thatn he should have, haha I'd love to know how that happened! Do you have any other mods running?
    ashes: I really don't know, as far as I know the models themselves are what reference the texture files, so I don't know how you'd change them based on game time. Maybe have another set of models referencing the later textures, and somehow script the game to use them after a certain date. Although as far as I know model location entries are a single database entry, so I don't know how you'd change it based on date. A little over my head, to be honest :p
    Lordtime: thanks!

Okay, I fiddled around a bit with the horse textures today, here's what I got...

HorseMod

What this little mod does

-Changes bridles and chest straps to be thinner and more realistic

-you can see the bit rings out the side of the horses mouth.

-changed some horse textures-
    -theres now a chestnut horse somewhere
    -one of the bay horses has blacker legs
    -the grey horse has dapples
    -the white horse is a bit lighter
    -the black horse has white socks now

-The saddlecloths are now white with a trim of your faction colour
    (My SpainMod will make Spain's trim white, so they have white saddlecloths. I don't know if you can have a faction specific horse texture, I'll have to check)

VANILLA

Horsemod

------------

Vanilla

Horsemod

----------

Vanilla

Horsemod

----

Vanilla

Horsemod

-----------------------------------

And a couple more horsemod ones.
    Dismounted carabiniers (backwards saddles ??)

Russian cavalry

DOWNLOAD

My website

Skyline Pete's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Waronmars MODS! --Spain Retexture ALL UNITS!-- PipMod -- Leather UI-- Small horse retexture!--

Found the issue mate, would seem that the Prussian Line Infantry reskin in that big thread makes models + skins go all wonky.
    Have disabled his skins.