Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Company Man's Guide to ETW Economy

Default Re: Company Man's Guide to ETW Economy

Long time necro in hopes of getting an answer.

Coman, you've said that Resources can be shipped to the home region by means of roadways, then to the home region. I read through the 6 pages and could find nothing telling me if this mechanic was limited in any way, or if a single roadway and a single port would be enough.

For instance, I own almost all of the Americas, and the entire coastal region. Do I need only a single trading port somewhere, anywhere, along the east coast, to get my booty home, as all the provinces, down to French and Dutch Guyana in South America, are linked by roads? Or does the same mechanic for home regions apply, that is, that it can travel only to the adjacent province before "rotting" and not being sent back?

Also, improving the trade ports with Division of Labor and such is said to increase the amount of resources that can be sent home. Does that mean that without DoL, my trade ports are bottlenecking resources being sent home? It's impossible to test as I strongly suspect Abundant, High, Average and so on trade resource buildings give more than the stated value of resources, but the picture card says otherwise; hence, I can't figure out how much I'm even supposed to be getting back, let alone whether some of it is being choked off.

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

Ports are limited in how many resources they can export. Generally, one port of lvl 1 can handle 2 plantations of lvl 1, and so on (roughly).

Roads are unlimited though.

Thanks Thamis, I really didn't expect a reply so quickly, and from a dev, no less

Just to be pedantic - when you say roads are unlimited, you mean infinite amounts of resource can travel an infinite distance, right?

And due to limits of trading ports, I would, very, very roughly, need one trading port per province, because there's generally about two plantations per province? And furthermore - are home region ports, including those connected geographically (like Scotland), similarly limited as well, or can they handle infinite cargo, and improving them only increases the number of trading partnerships I can have?

Thanks for the time, and cheers,
    parts

Roads are infinite in distance and volume.

Ports are always limited, regardless of whether they're within the home region or connected by roads. The port limitation only applies to domestic trade, though. International trade is unlimited.

Much appreciated. Thanks. +rep.

Excellent guide & advice. I hope someone will have an answer to a couple of questions, also on ports & trade:

I read further up the thread that to figure in your total number of possible trade lanes for export to other factions, sea ports have to be in the Home region or a region immediately adjacent to it. How then does this translate to the following situations I have observed in a Spanish campaign:

1. I assume all trade ports in Spain, Gibraltar and Portugal contribute tot he total number of available export trade lanes -as they are in the home region or immediately adjacent to it.

2. Does the "enveloppe" of export trade lane hosting trade ports extend to anywhere directly connectable to the Home region through adjacent borders, forming a "home region block" or blob, such as might be formed by the UP or Prussia conquering the central european/German states? e.g. UP conquering France (which has no immediate border with the Netherlands).

2. As Spain, what of Morocco (when captured)? It has a land bridge connecting it to Gibraltar and hence the "home region block". This situation would also apply to ireland for GB.

3. Can anyone confirm whether any territory conquered on the immediate other side (east or North) of France (with a mutual alliance, trade agreement & military access) will not "host" a trade lane and hencecontribute to the number of export trade lanes my faction can generate? Particular provinces in question would be Flanders, Netherlands, Savoy, Naples, Rome... i.e on the same continent, not adjacent, but with a trading & allied faction/region in between.

That's getting into a bit of detail alright but thanks in advance...

No need to be in *immediately* adjacent to capital, like Crimea port will has a trade route for Russia. I think it just need a land connection with the capital.

What TAX level do you usually put?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Highest

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I can't get England to become wealthy. Income is near infinite but still towns will not become wealthy. Americas are mostly wealthy. England is stuck. Is the home region nerfed town wealth wise on easy?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567