Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoke and Blood Mod Thread (Last Update: 28.02.10 - Blood Mod for NTW ;) )

Default Re: The Battlefield Smoke & Sound Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Hms-Clan View Post
    Alright I just ask questions than.
    Where did you save it to?
    Whats the final part of the name when you download it, like .rar or .pack?
    After you download it, you open it with winrar or something similar, and you should have a file that ends in .pack that goes into the data folder.

You Rock Mech_DONald, You're the DON! G'night!
    + Total War without Jeff van Dyck is like Star Wars without John Williams +

"Sum tempestas fusca, qua perducit terra"

Great work, the blood mod is a major improvement!
    But is it possible to have blood stained bayonets? And blood- and dirt-covered soldiers, like the good Medieval 2? I really hope it is possible to bring that back!!

I want blood! I want to bathe in their blood! I want to bathe in their blood for a week! Now... kill them all!! ("sanguinary" trait)

hms i just saved it to my desk top then i extracted it to my empire total war data thing

Mech i dont know how to rep you but i would if i could! love the mod but could you please provide me with instuctions on how to get rid of the smoke since the light mod is just a little too much =D

You need to be a certain rank to give rep, also thank you for anyone who helped I`ll do more trial and error until I get my drums beating .
    Prepare for Glory, Death only comes Once.
    Don`t jump in currents you don`t have the muscle to swim in.
    Loyalty beyond death.

Victory only comes when the enemy been surrounded, cut off, demoralized and is next in the execution line.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by lordhedgwich View Post
    hms i just saved it to my desk top then i extracted it to my empire total war data thing

Mech i dont know how to rep you but i would if i could! love the mod but could you please provide me with instuctions on how to get rid of the smoke since the light mod is just a little too much =D

Sorry, link is directed to the correct file now..

Good night!

ok i downloaded the mod put it in my data folder and it still aint working..What am i doing wrong? it doesnt download as a zipped folder so i download it straight to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data.....but idk what to do after that

It appears we have the same problem sir, if your impatient I suggest slowly dieing like me.
    It doesn`t appear as a zipper for me either.

Who ever has it working could you please post a picture of what the mod files actually look like with names and everything in the final data folder.
    Loyalty beyond death.

Victory only comes when the enemy been surrounded, cut off, demoralized and is next in the execution line.

eldaran's Avatar Speshul

1.) Download Winrar (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm - select the appropriate language)

2.) Open the downloaded .rar file using Winrar (which also opens .zips and many others)

3.) I'm using the light version, but even if you use the full it's all the same. Select the .pack file in the winrar window.

4.) Click .

5.) Navigate to the Empire:Total War folder and click on the data subfolder:

6.) Click 'OK', select 'Yes To All' if you get that box pop up (i.e you have an older version of the mod. If you DO have an older version and that box doesn't pop up, you will have to navigate to the 'Data' folder yourself and manually delete the old version)

7.) Have a cigarette/cup of tea/glass of wine/bottle of beer/go to the toilet - whatever, either way that's it.

Under the patronage of the original and the best: Wild Bill Kelso

I love you.

+Rep
    Loyalty beyond death.

thanks you so much

ok i have heard about stuff like you cant download patches to game if you have mods. so what do i do when they realease the next patch? i have backed up files too
    Last edited by Trajan; March 17, 2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Merged double post.

Easy to install and works great though be prepared for slower performance. I really the music mod, it's much more clear and louder than the original settings. Overall, a very useful mod and great for adding a little extra your empire experience.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

an absolutely superb job once again,and the new blood texture is absolutely awesome,adds something deeper and more visceral to he experience of the firefight

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lamentor446 View Post
    ok i have heard about stuff like you cant download patches to game if you have mods. so what do i do when they realease the next patch? i have backed up files too
    Patches will still download properly if you use mods that are packed as "patch" pack files.
    E8500 @ 4GHz (445x9) | TRUE120 + Noctua NF-12P | 4GB 1066MHz Corsair Dominator (5-5-5-15) | Gigabyte EP45-DS4P | HIS HD4870x2 | TT Truepower 750w Modular | TT Armor+ | 2 x WD 640GB | Windows 7 RC 64-bit

Again, excellent work with the fife and drums, just one little problem. Is it me or do different units play different tunes? It gets very noisy and confusing when you're moving like ten line infantry all playing different tunes. Is there any way to force them to pick one tune and stick to it the whole battle?

I guess the easiest way is to change all the music files into the same one, but is there any other way?

Very much looking forward to this. This thread should be stickied!

Awesome job!!!!

The community and their creativity is a good part of the reason I buy these games. The game will be epic in no time!

Another awesome update. Battlefield is so much more vibrant now. If only you could fix the AI in the next update

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

I LOVE THIS MOD
    I have to use the Light version though, since the normal one is just both too excessive (smoke everywhere for 5min after just one volley) for my taste, and bogs down my 8800gts. So i hope the Light version will always be 100% up to date with the full one
    And yeah as others have said, try to get blood when enemies are killed by Melee as well
    Or perhaps if you can change it so the blood effect triggers on death, then it'd work with any cause of death lol

Beggar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Teodosio View Post
    Great work, the blood mod is a major improvement!
    But is it possible to have blood stained bayonets? And blood- and dirt-covered soldiers, like the good Medieval 2? I really hope it is possible to bring that back!!

I want blood! I want to bathe in their blood! I want to bathe in their blood for a week! Now... kill them all!! ("sanguinary" trait)
    I agree with Teodosio. But you've done extremely great job so far, thank you !