Page 116 of 121 FirstFirst ... 166691106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2401

Thread: Smoke and Blood Mod Thread (Last Update: 28.02.10 - Blood Mod for NTW ;) )

gerbenboy's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Smoke and Blood Mod Thread (Last Update: 28.02.10 - Blood Mod for NTW ;) )

The mod finally works! many thanks and it's a great mod! =D

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Smoke and Blood Mod Thread (Last Update: 28.02.10 - Blood Mod for NTW ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    That looks like a GFX problem to me. I'm using 'mod_BSM_4_1_Full_1_5' and don't get anything like that.

This is what it looks like in my game.

Can I ask what GFX card you are using and what your settings are in the game?

Actually, I had a nother thought when I was doing the screenshot.

What order are the mods listed in your user script file?

I''ve read elsewhere that the Blood and Smoke Mod needs to be the top of the mod list in the user.script file to work properly, otherwise some of the eefects are corrupted by the GFX effects in other pack files.

Mine currently reads:
    mod "mod_BSM_4_1_Full_1_5.pack";
    mod "mod_NoTrails.pack";
    mod "WeaponFX.pack";
    mod "7_years_war_battlepack_v1full.pack";
    mod "proper_militia_v13.pack";

That might be worth checking first.
    What is that weaponfx pack you have?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    What is that weaponfx pack you have?
    Thanks
    Its the battlefield Sound Mod featured in the opening post of this thread. (see extract below)

Features Battlefield Sound Mod: (Additional immersion - Sound Pack)

1. New! slower marching music
    2. musketsounds with more bass
    3. New! added musket sounds, thank you chudolf!
    4. 7 different marching fifes and drums songs, thank you Gilad Pellaeon!
    5. cannonfire sounds with more bass
    6. puckle gun sounds with more bass
    7. 2 different files, one for WeaponSFX only and another for fifes'n drums only
    8. Mod Manager compatible

RS:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/21512904...ldSoundMod.rar
    It just gives the cannon and muskets a bit more whoomph!

However, I am looking to change it before I start my next campaign as I really like the cannon and musket sounds used by Kaunitz in his video's.

vanian's Avatar Libertus

I have the exactly the same problem as gerbenboy had, with those funny white circles where smoke should be.

The smoke mod doesn't seem to work properly. I've removed all the other mods I had on mod manager and just left the smoke mod on and it stills doesn't run.

Any ideas?

None beyond those which I have already discussed above in relation to Gerbenboy's problems. I believe he eventually sorted his problems out so it might be worth working through the same procedure as he did.

The key points were to make absolutely sure that you have downloaded the right version of the Mod, that you have no other versions of the same mod (or conflicting mods) in your data folder, and that your user script file lists the right mod in the right order.

Sorry for newb question but what do I do if I only want the smoke mod? Not the blood?

Laetus

The link for the sound mod takes me to rapidshare, but it won't let me download it.. i saw it on youtube and really wanted it. does anyone know where i can download the mod somewhere else?

For the blood only mod in ETW, I don't see the blood. I used the patch file because I don't use the mod manager. In NTW, I see the blood clearly. Problem?

Not sure how much BSM is being supported as a standalone anymore but I have one question. Is it possible for me to edit the mod so I don't have the cannon firing smoke effect? I like everything in BSM except the excessive smoke from cannons firing. I'm pretty savvy at editing things in the DBeditor so could somebody point me to the file I need to delete or replace or tweak to do this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Dignan♔ View Post
    Not sure how much BSM is being supported as a standalone anymore but I have one question. Is it possible for me to edit the mod so I don't have the cannon firing smoke effect? I like everything in BSM except the excessive smoke from cannons firing. I'm pretty savvy at editing things in the DBeditor so could somebody point me to the file I need to delete or replace or tweak to do this? Thanks.

Nevermind, looks like I asked this question a year ago (forgot) and got an answer then. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...01#post6610901

Don504's Avatar Ordinarius

Could somebody give me the link to just the improved version of the blood in Mech_Donald's mod?
    (wish i could use the smoke but my computer can't handle it)
    thanks

Explore the word and conquer it all.

where is the link to bsm full mod? tq.

picked up empire again and wanted to give this mod a try. What ever happened to the dense black smoke that cam from damaged forts and ships on fire? It really added something to the game now the really transparent black smoke doesnt look as effective. I really loved the thick black smoke from damaged forsts under seige, but more so on damaged ships, looked epic mid battle seeing sunken burning ships.

Ok, so I downloaded the mod the 4.1 full and my WinRar say's the archive is corrupted, but I'm able to extract the file into my data folder, but when I play the game the menu screen turns different colors, and some other weird stuff happens. The mod looks great! I just need help being able to use it without ruining my game.

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

The sound mod used for this has always been my favorite. However, there are some new mods that have better cannon sounds, but none that have better musket sounds. Is the musket sounds available on their own, or is there an easy way to delete the cannon portion and use it with Diggy's Arty sounds for example?
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

guys, might be a stupid question but; does the file 1.5 on the first thread also work for version 1.6 of the game or has this new version some fixes that do not cooperate with the smoke mod?

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but is there a way to get this mod without the blood effects? The smoke effects look great, but I'm not crazy about the blood effects.

Can you make the mod compatible with Napoleon Total War bcz i love them so much~~~

so the last 8 posts were all questions and no answers, so I guess its hopeless to wait for any response...

Cool