Thread: Bogomils in Bosnia

Default Bogomils in Bosnia

May be I am opening too many threads but I promise that this will be my last one!

I would like to know if the Bogomils will be included in the medieval Bosnia faction? We know that they were present in Bosnia, and we know that there were a lot of them. What could be done in Tzardoms with the Bogomils?
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

sexsit's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Bogomils in Bosnia

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian_King View Post
    May be I am opening too many threads but I promise that this will be my last one!

I would like to know if the Bogomils will be included in the medieval Bosnia faction? We know that they were present in Bosnia, and we know that there were a lot of them. What could be done in Tzardoms with the Bogomils?
    Good thinking bosnian king....after all Stefan Nemanja was greatest enemy of bogumils...they should be included....defenetly!
    Fortuna fortes adiuvat.....
    Alexander does not steal victories....

Quote Originally Posted by sexsit View Post
    Good thinking bosnian king....after all Stefan Nemanja was greatest enemy of bogumils...they should be included....defenetly!
    I do not know a lot about them. Not long ago I just thought that it was a myth produced bu Bosnian historians till I found this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This very usefull document is from 1387. and in this document Jakov Bech writes that "Lobardian Katars" went to Bosnia to teach the "Bogomil" religion. From this we can conclude that Bosnia was may be one of the important places in europe for Bogomils. May be the Bosnian Church protected them or may be at least they did not prosecute them?

Very usefull document! If I find more I'll tell you...
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

this was discussed before. "Krstjani" will be a official religion in Banate o.B.