Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Music Pack

Default Re: New Music Pack

Installing this now, and I anticipate I'm going to love it. Two of my favorite games, Europa Universalis II and the original Hearts of Iron, used genuine compositions, and I can't express how much it added to the playing experience. The feeling of beating back the German invasion of the USSR with the 1812 Overture playing in the background is incredible.

So, major kudos to you for doing this.

I know it isn't possible, but I wish you could set some music files to play during a certain time period, and others to play at other times. That way, for the first 50 or 60 years of the game you could have Baroque music, which would be appropriate for the time frame, and then for the rest of the campaign it would switch over to 18th-Century/Classical.

i have an problem:

i downloaded ur music pack and installed it succesfully and it works when i load/start a campaign but when there was a battle i didnt fight on the battlemap, the music stopp and doesnt return... only if i restart etw or fight the battle on the battle map -.-
    this classic music is really nice when playing etw

and sry for my english, im german

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Hi great music mod, may I ask how you manage to increase the Campaign music volume? I am making a small music mod for myself (and anyone who wants it) with British military folk songs, but the Campaign music is to low to hear properly. Any help would be appreciated, and repped of course. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Finarfin View Post
    i have an problem:

i downloaded ur music pack and installed it succesfully and it works when i load/start a campaign but when there was a battle i didnt fight on the battlemap, the music stopp and doesnt return... only if i restart etw or fight the battle on the battle map -.-

Try alt Tabbing the Campaign map. hope that helps.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Quote Originally Posted by Finarfin View Post
    i have an problem:

There are only changes in musicfiles for europe no other changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    Hi great music mod, may I ask how you manage to increase the Campaign music volume? I am making a small music mod for myself (and anyone who wants it) with British military folk songs, but the Campaign music is to low to hear properly. Any help would be appreciated, and repped of course. Thanks

You need a music or video prog to convert the files to higher rate or volume. You can buy by adobe for example or you can search in internet for a free one.

Excellent... I'll download it and check it out. I am planning on adding EU3 music to my game so this can be useful to see what you have changed and naming format. Pehaps I'll pm you some questions whenever they arise if that's ok with you?

Quote Originally Posted by InfUA View Post
    There are only changes in musicfiles for europe no other changes.

i know

so i ll try alt + tab that the music return...

edit/ alt + tab doesnt work... -.-
    Last edited by Finarfin; March 18, 2009 at 11:00 AM.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

ok cheers, thankyou.

sorry alt tab didnt work, I know what does tho, hit menue options, music off, return to game then go back put music on. Lot quicker than restarting the game.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    ok cheers, thankyou.

sorry alt tab didnt work, I know what does tho, hit menue options, music off, return to game then go back put music on. Lot quicker than restarting the game.
    ah...i tried that ,too but i diddnt wait a long time...

Ya i am having the same problems. The music starts in the begining but does not return so i only hear the one song. It would be really cool if this worked or even better if you made it so we could add in our own songs.

Anyway thx a lot for the work

jarnomiedema's Avatar Artifex ad Infinitum

I'm not sure how and where this music could possibly fit in, but if you could find a use for it, I can certainly recommend it..

It's the 'Te Deum' by Jean Baptiste Lully and it features prominently in one of the first scenes in 'Le Roi Danse'. I have to say I think it's beautiful..

Under the patronage of his Estonian Eminence Trax

real_batavian's Avatar Laetus

great mod!

anyway, Campaign music works well, but I reckon that there are no changes at all for battle map musics even after I put your sound_music.pack. Is this supposed to be so?

Bocah_Bali's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by rahte View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggvE0Jw3isk <- MCV snare line on Parapet at Edinburgh Tatoo
    I like that one

Here is a video clip of Old Guard drum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6PHM...c-HM-fresh+div
    The last song is already too familiar. The first one is what I mean.
    Bored/Frustrated/Angry at inaccurate in game uniform?
    Want to see another historical variation instead?
    Or are you a someone who wish to show your work on how "it should
    have look like"?
    Go and visit
    TWC community ETW re-texture compilation!!

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

I just have a question for the mod-maker, couldnt people just rename the file "patch_mod_sounds_and_music", and thereby get the new music and sounds without having to overwrite anything?
    Or does that not work for some reason with this mod?

Also, im glad you increased the volume of the campaign map music, i never liked that it was so quiet in vanilla, and then the battle music was WAY too loud (again in vanilla).

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

I'm having some problems with the fife and drums
    I hear ALOT of songs at the same time...1 unit has "British Grenadiers" and one unit has another and the other has another and all that
    And, they also stop their music a little after marching...
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Any new updates ( fixes ) with this sound mod? I really love the music, but would be great if in one battle troops would play one song - as somebody said when 6 squads marching - 5 different songs is not verry good. Also happened to me, that in melee when i was fighting song was still playing - 2 squads on map ( my and enemy ) both were fighting ni melee and marching song was playing.

But anyway excelent work, just improve, fix this small things and wil lbe perfect.

And last thing - i would still change rifles to sound better, harder, something just great.

To jarnomiedema
    Great music but need more, a patch for only one song...Maybe you find more greeat music like this to be included in a patch.

To Baleur
    Dont know, try it out and tell me, my new music pack was one of the first mods...

Radious
    You can still zoom to song you want to hear and you would hear that sound good and the other song no more.
    There is no way in the moment to have different marches but that only one of them would play in a battle.
    About rifle, where to get a better rifle sound?

SonOfOdin
    By hit the order move or charge several times you can let every troop play or stop play a sound.

Is this compatible with the Battlefield sound mod from Mechwarrior? It also adds drum and fife marching music: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237457

Bocah_Bali's Avatar Civis

It's compatible, since Mech_Donald's sound mod is two seperate files; patch_mod_sfx.pack and patch_mod_fifesandrum.pack

The sfx one only changes the sound effects. You can apply fifesandrum also and it will replace the fifes and drum from new music mod while still retaining other music ingame.
    Bored/Frustrated/Angry at inaccurate in game uniform?
    Want to see another historical variation instead?
    Or are you a someone who wish to show your work on how "it should
    have look like"?
    Go and visit
    TWC community ETW re-texture compilation!!

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Bocah_Bali View Post
    It's compatible, since Mech_Donald's sound mod is two seperate files; patch_mod_sfx.pack and patch_mod_fifesandrum.pack

The sfx one only changes the sound effects. You can apply fifesandrum also and it will replace the fifes and drum from new music mod while still retaining other music ingame.
    Did you tried it?