Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saved Campaign Unit Multiplier Editor

Icon3 Saved Campaign Unit Multiplier Editor

Saved Campaign Unit Multiplier Editor is a small utility I made (while I was supposed to be doing something else ) with which you can easily change the unit size multiplier (how many men there are in your units; more on that in this great topic) in your existing Grand Campaign save games.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download it from http://vladan.rs/files/SCUME.exe
    2. Start it and select the save file you want to edit.
      • You will need Java 1.6. You probably already have it installed, but the app will let you know if you need to download it.

3. Change the multiplier and click "Save" to apply the change!
      • Use the "Backup" button to make a backup of the file.
      • There's a "Help" button where you can get a bit of useful info. You should probably read it.

CHANGELOG

• v0.2
      • Fixed a bug with reading a save file on certain locale settings.
      • Search for the multiplier is now more flexible.
      • New backup option. It's a bit faster too.

I have tested it on many different saves and it worked perfectly, but I'm not making any guarantees. That's what the backup option is for

Anyway, I hope that you find it useful and let me know if something's not working right.
    Last edited by Vladan; April 26, 2009 at 06:37 PM.

Avicenna's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Saved Campaign Unit Multiplier Editor

great app! Thanks

I'll download it and try later!

I get an unknown error when opening the save game file
    But the programm open after that,make the changes and save but no effect in the game..
    I have the latest java installed
    Any ideas?

You first got an error and then it opened it properly? Strange.
    Anyway, when you change the multiplier, number of men in existing units will not change, only new units that you recruit will have the correct numbers.

If you're still getting an error, if you like, you could zip up your save and send it to me on torch@torchs.net so I could have a look at it and see what's causing the error.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/290/erroryhd.jpg

I get this
    I ll send it of course
    thx for answering

Edit : http://rapidshare.com/files/20756442...inter_1703.rar
    here is my save game file
    Last edited by ampalaea4; March 10, 2009 at 10:14 AM.

It opens fine on my end and I can modify it without problem. You started the game with Unit Size set to Ultra, right?

Anyway, I think I know what is the cause. On your pic I see that you're using Greek locale, so that could be it. I'll look if I've used any locale dependent instructions and fix that as soon as possible
    Last edited by Vladan; March 10, 2009 at 11:43 AM.

Does this modify the multiplayer for YOUR units only, or for ALL units (AI included)

Also, does it proportionally increase the cost of recruitment (or increase it at all)??
    Last edited by SilEighty; March 10, 2009 at 12:33 PM.

Nice app really i can now enjoy using my winged hussars more the 45 men was ridiculous i was always afraid to lose now i can use them and know they will do realy damage so thank you for making a GREAT app i would +rep you but dont know how

It opens fine on my end and I can modify it without problem. You started the game with Unit Size set to Ultra, right?

Anyway, I think I know what is the cause. On your pic I see that you're using Greek locale, so that could be it. I'll look if I've used any locale dependent instructions and fix that as soon as possible
    Thank you
    Yes I m using greek locale
    But as you said even I get error it works very well after that
    Didn't I had to create a unit to see the results
    Cheers

Does this modify the multiplayer for YOUR units only, or for ALL units (AI included)

Also, does it proportionally increase the cost of recruitment (or increase it at all)??
    You and AI share the same modifier, so yep, it modifies the AI's too.
    Multiplier doesn't affect cost of recruitment nor upkeep. That can't be changed in the save file, but it could probably be made so that multiplier does affect them with a mod.

Nice app really :original: i can now enjoy using my winged hussars more the 45 men was ridiculous i was always afraid to lose now i can use them and know they will do realy damage so thank you for making a GREAT app i would +rep you but dont know how
    Glad you like it
    There's supposed to be a small green plus at the left of Report button that's for repping, but I don't know if you need a certain number of post before you can give any rep. Thanks in any case

hopefully some one can make a mod so that only are units get multiplied i know some people may say thats CHEATING but i already won as the polish so i want to redo polish but this timke actually have a use for my wing hussars other than a few cools and yea i cant rep you man sorry also is it possible to make an app like this but instead just give max exp to units? thanks to this app i FINALLY for 1st time got above 4 chevron before my max was 3 so just askin

ampalaea4, I fixed that bug. Just download SCUME again, and you're good to go

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    is it possible to make an app like this but instead just give max exp to units?
    Yep, it's possible. I'm currently working on identifying exactly what is what in the save file, besides the stuff that I already know, so I might turn this into more comprehensive save editor...one day, at least

really are you serious? your serious arent you YES i now love vladan in a platonic way if you can make such an app i will be gratefull for the rest of my life you deserve lots of rep but i cant because i just registered yesterday so you will wait but if you do make such an app you can just send me an email at moisesksn@yahoo.com please and thank you for taking the time to make this app i am really enjoying the game much more i play everything on ultra but shadows are low and with this the battlefield is much better bigger and more body riddled so thank you man and ill keep this topic tabed ill just favorite just in case

Yeah, I'm serious, heh. Although I'm now sure how long it will take me as I don't know how much free time I'll have.

ampalaea4, I fixed that bug. Just download SCUME again, and you're good to go
    Thank you very much

Do you have to use Ketzer method AND this to make it work or just SCUME?

Nope, you don't have to use Ketzer's guide since that's for editing the default multiplier which will only affect newly started campaigns.
    With SCUME you can edit the multiplier in your existing save games (campaigns in progress), which doesn't depend on the default one anymore.

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan View Post
    Saved Campaign Unit Multiplier Editor is a small utility I made yesterday (while I was supposed to be doing something else ) with which you can easily change the unit size multiplier (how many men there are in your units; more on that in this great topic) in your existing Grand Campaign save games.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download it from http://vladan.rs/files/SCUME.exe
    2. Start it and select the save file you want to edit.
      • You will need Java 1.6. You probably already have it installed, but the app will let you know if you need to download it.

3. Change the multiplier and click "Save" to apply the change!
      • Use the "Backup" button to make a backup of the file.
      • There's a "Help" button where you can get a bit of useful info. You should probably read it.

CHANGELOG

• v0.2
      • Fixed a bug with reading a save file on certain locale settings.
      • Search for the multiplier is now more flexible.
      • New backup option. It's a bit faster too.

• v0.1.1
      • Fixed some typos.

I have tested it on many different saves and it worked perfectly, but I'm not making any guarantees. That's what the backup option is for

Anyway, I hope that you find it useful and let me know if something's not working right.
    Thank you! great little program!

Whenever I choose one of my save files it comes up with an error that says: Valid multiplier value was not found.

I have the ESF editor and was wondering if it's someone in there that I could possibly alter it so that it is valid? I just have no idea what I'm looking for. I have altered the amount in the past in the preferences file using Ketzer's Guide. Would that have anything to do with it?

If your saves are from Road to Independence, it won't work, SCUME currently only works with Grand Campaign saves.
    If not, then you can upload one of your save files to Rapidshare (or anywhere else) and post up the link here, so I could have a look at it and see what the problem is when I get the chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast